No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclay apparently hasn't done well at PR in practice, I know he did fumble two times the other day in about 6 attempts. If Barclay clears waivers (and if he doesn't no big deal) then he'd for sure be practice squadded. He's only a 5-10/180 RB who has never had a touch against a 1st team NFL defense in his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      Barclay apparently hasn't done well at PR in practice, I know he did fumble two times the other day in about 6 attempts. If Barclay clears waivers (and if he doesn't no big deal) then he'd for sure be practice squadded. He's only a 5-10/180 RB who has never had a touch against a 1st team NFL defense in his life.
      haha, the first thing i thought of was big ted-390lbs>Barclay-180lbs.

barlcay if fast, but so is harrison. we basically have two identical backs, but harrison is bigger, but not by much. and barclay might be faster.
      When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• I think we'll run all over Detroit tonight as it is that Shaun Rodgers, Dewayne White, and Kalimba Edwards are all not playing, and without Rodgers last season teams ran all over the first team defense anyways. Imagine Harrison, Wright, and Barclay will do behind the first and second team lines (I heard both of those lines were gonna play a lot tonight) to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string Detroit lines.

Comment

I think we'll run all over Detroit tonight as it is that Shaun Rodgers, Dewayne White, and Kalimba Edwards are all not playing, and without Rodgers last season teams ran all over the first team defense anyways. Imagine Harrison, Wright, and Barclay will do behind the first and second team lines (I heard both of those lines were gonna play a lot tonight) to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string Detroit lines.
          Well it was a nice comeback, being down 23 going into the 4th. Im sure running all over those 3rd and 4th teamers will do wonders though. Oh and btw thanks again for the top 5 pick next year.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• The way I see it the Browns could and should finish higher than these teams (and there's more than 4 of them, so so much for that top 5 pick): Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Arizona, and maybe even NYG and/or Washington, and perhaps KC, Tampa, or Frisco.

Quinn looked great tonight huh? Would like to see him against the 1st/2nd stringers next week in Denver.

Comment

• Was at the game, comments

- A guy buy the bridge was selling **** Pittsburgh T-Shirts, calling them "back to school clothes", priceless.

- Screw Chuck Norris jokes, I got Derek Anderson jokes

Derek Anderson can call a timeout...during halftime.

Derek Anderson once threw an interception on a running play.

Derek Anderson once got a Delay of game...after the game was over.

Derek Anderson once got called for a false start...when he wasn't in the game.

- Brady Quinn, just wow. If anyone, ANYONE thinks the fans might resent the holdout, they're dead wrong. The crowd was loving it. I can't remember having that much fun at a loss. He works through his progressions, they weren't open, goes for the easy underneath pass, or if he thinks he can get it to the coverage, he makes a great throw. Just a fantasic debut.

Comment

• As a resident of Michigan, I was able to see the game through the Lions perspective and this game was the last minutes of a damn pre-season game but it was still exciting.

I might be a Notre Dame homer and Brady Quinn homer, but I thought he looked fine out there. He kept his eyes downfield and he looked comfortable in the pocket. He made an excellent play on his first touchdown, rolling to his right but still keeping his eyes in the end zone. He could of either threw the ball or ran. He bought some time and hit the Rec for the TD>

He did hit his checkdown quite abit but QB are told to take what the D gives you and he took advantage of it because Detroit left that part of the field wide ****** open.

Comment

The way I see it the Browns could and should finish higher than these teams (and there's more than 4 of them, so so much for that top 5 pick): Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Arizona, and maybe even NYG and/or Washington, and perhaps KC, Tampa, or Frisco.

Quinn looked great tonight huh? Would like to see him against the 1st/2nd stringers next week in Denver.
                  HAHAHAHAHA So your as good as almost half the teams in the league huh? Thats homerism at its best. Look at your schedule and tell me how many wins will you have? I've got you down for 4. you?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• There is no doubt anderson played his way out of the job.

Next week, frye and quinn need to rotate with the ones and twos for the whole first half and maybe a bit of the third quarter too if they don't get enough work.

That's just the way it has to be. Frye and Anderson have been given plenty of opportunities to take the job, and they pissed them away. Now everyone knows that Quinn is probably just as, if not more capable than those two guys and needs to start now.

It's not that surprising either, Frye's a 3rd rounder from Akron, who is probably still getting this much of a shot at least in part tothe fact that he's a local boy.

Anderson's a 6th rounder from Oregon State.

Quinn, first rounder, Notre Dame. I know he has his weaknesses, and that he will struggle, but he's gotta be the guy. Yea prevent d, yea he checked it off, but why not give him a shot to show what he's got next week, he earned it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Anderson's last game as a Brown in this Saturday in Denver. I think he's looking for work after that barring injury to Quinn/Frye/Dorsey.

Comment

• Just go ahead and throw all the stats and 2 TDs Quinn threw out the window, no sense in dwelling on them since it was against guys who will be on the street during the regular season.

What we can take from this was Quinn's pocket presense and seeming control of the team. He looked like a real quaterback. As someone said, he kept his eyes down field and took advantage of the overly soft zone. Though, some of those balls weren't very good throws. Don't get too excited though, Charlie or Derek probably could have done just as well against the prevent.

Hopefully, this at least gets him some PT against decent competition next week, then we can really see what he's got.

At most this was confidence builder for him, which is good.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Anderson's last game as a Brown in this Saturday in Denver. I think he's looking for work after that barring injury to Quinn/Frye/Dorsey.
                          I agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
                            Just go ahead and throw all the stats and 2 TDs Quinn threw out the window, no sense in dwelling on them since it was against guys who will be on the street during the regular season.

What we can take from this was Quinn's pocket presense and seeming control of the team. He looked like a real quaterback. As someone said, he kept his eyes down field and took advantage of the overly soft zone. Though, some of those balls weren't very good throws. Don't get too excited though, Charlie or Derek probably could have done just as well against the prevent.

Hopefully, this at least gets him some PT against decent competition next week, then we can really see what he's got.

At most this was confidence builder for him, which is good.
                            Well I don't think we should throw them out. Even against 3rd stringers I doubt Frye, Anderson, or any other rookie QB in the league right now would've done that well. Dorsey faced the same defense and didn't do nearly as well. Brady only threw 3 incomplete passes I think (plus a few spikes that counted against his completion pct.), and was dynamite on the short throws and threw great downfield balls that not only had terrific accuracy but great arm behind them. I think we'll see Brady starting for us before the bye week.

Comment

• I would expect him to starting around that time as well, but i am just saying, throwing checkdowns to your running back is a nice way to pad stats. And unless someone has raw game footage, we really don't know if those were the right decisions or not, hopefully he was taking what was given (as we all assume). I am just going to hold my annoiting sword until i see him against one's and two's...that's all.

Like i said though, stats or not, the best part of his performance was his composure in the pocket, command of the team, and the confidence boost.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
                                I would expect him to starting around that time as well, but i am just saying, throwing checkdowns to your running back is a nice way to pad stats. And unless someone has raw game footage, we really don't know if those were the right decisions or not, hopefully he was taking what was given (as we all assume). I am just going to hold my annoiting sword until i see him against one's and two's...that's all.

Like i said though, stats or not, the best part of his performance was his composure in the pocket, command of the team, and the confidence boost.
                                agreed. i'm also holding my tongue on how i think quinn will turn out. if crennel doesnt give him a ton of playing time against the 1's and 2's next week, it'd be a huge mistake.

my assumption right now would be, even tho he played against the 3 or 4th team defense, he also played with the 3 and 4 team offense. he good composure in the pocket, and a few good throw down field(which as of now, would be my only clue that he was actually looking downfield for a target) and overall was accurate and with good arm power.
                                When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information