Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    Moss had a pretty good year his first season in Oakland if you remember. About 1000 yards despite not playing the full year from injuries, and I think 11 TDs or so on a crappy team with Kerry Collins taking snaps. Last year Oakland had one of the worst offenses ever, and Moss was hurt a lot, so that is an exception. In 2002 when Cincy was awful and CJohnson was still not in his prime, Johnson had a big 1000+ yd. year.
    1005 yards and 8 TD's, PS Collins wasnt crappy at the time, just the OL was crappy and the running game.

Comment

Actually I think Bryant only got like 700 or 800 yards when he signed with Frisco. That was his last year in the league, no one wants him now.
      They dont want him because he was suspended by the league. His suspension is up after WK 3 of the regular season.
      If he can pass a physical look for a struggling team to look into it.

Comment

At least you get to watch them whoop us, I can't even do that down here in bumblescum city. I get the Panthers and maybe the Falcons, Dolphins, or any AFC East team.
        yeah but those are neutral party's, i get pittsburgh games, ******* lame

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
          Edwards is allready a big play guy. He just needs to drop less balls. Hes allready mature like we hoped he would be (or at least close enough that its not a knock on him anymore). He runs better routes etc....

He casught 900 yards and 6 TD's on the Browns last year. On a good team that would probably be 1,150 and 8-9 TD's which is very solid for a guy in his 2nd year and recovering from a knee injury.

The fact is, it is literally impossible for Edwards to have a great year this year with Frye or Anderson as a QB, same goes with Dorsey and Quinn until Quinn has more veteran status.

Winning football games will help BE's concentration for catching balls....it's hard to concentrate when the other team is b-slapping your team around (even when a close score)

Comment

• Originally posted by DChess View Post
            yeah but those are neutral party's, i get pittsburgh games, ******* lame
            Still, Pittsburgh plays Cleveland twice a year, I get to watch them once a year if they play on NFL Network and maybe one more time on CBS or if they play Carolina or Atlanta.

Comment

• I assume eveyone knows Bentley was place on the pup list. This means he will not be available until at least week 7 (which i think is the bye?).

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• i wonder if baxter will be placed on pup eventually

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
                  i wonder if baxter will be placed on pup eventually
                  yes...............

Comment

• Originally posted by tbraton View Post
                    yes...............
                    Nope... He already took part in team drills/workouts/practices ect. According to the rule he is not eligable to be placed on PUP. It is now down to a) making the team b) injury reserved or c) cut with and injury settlement.

I'm going with option c) because IMO he's been a worthless cry baby ever sense he got here. He was sitting out games for minor injuries before he was severely hurt, and he never performed at a level to warrant his contract. I say good riddance...

Comment

• No PUP for Baxter. Either we keep him aboard or we I/R him I think.

Comment

• Hey Guys, I got Braylon Edwards on my team. I remember that guy just killing people in College, but he hasn't exactly made it big in the NFL. What do you guys' expect of him this year?
                        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                          Hey Guys, I got Braylon Edwards on my team. I remember that guy just killing people in College, but he hasn't exactly made it big in the NFL. What do you guys' expect of him this year?
                          about 1000 yds and 6-8 td's. roughly 80 receptions.
                          When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• A lot of people are being kinda unfair in judging Braylon. He has dropped some passes, but he's also made a lot of spectacular, acrobatic catches. People should remember that he looked real good the middle of his rookie year, and had like 800+ yards in a stinky offense with no talent around him nor a QB or running game....all that in a year coming off an ACL tear months beforehand. I think this is 17's breakout season.

Comment

• Anybody think signing Tank Johnson is a good move?

He is 6'3 305 so he is big enough (not ideal, but good enough), though he really isn't the style DE we need, he could be really affective in the rotation and on passing downs getting some pressure, ala Jarvis Green. IMO, he actually has the physical tools to be a full time starter at DE, though it is not his style, he would need some coaching.

I don't think the character problems are that much of a concern really. All he had were some unliscenced guns. He isn't a locker room cancer and he has a good motor and all his teammates liked him.

Basically, even though he isn't the prototypical 34 lineman, he is better than anyone we got and better than everyone except Tommy Kelly (who should be resigned) in next years FA.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
                                Anybody think signing Tank Johnson is a good move?

He is 6'3 305 so he is big enough (not ideal, but good enough), though he really isn't the style DE we need, he could be really affective in the rotation and on passing downs getting some pressure, ala Jarvis Green. IMO, he actually has the physical tools to be a full time starter at DE, though it is not his style, he would need some coaching.

I don't think the character problems are that much of a concern really. All he had were some unliscenced guns. He isn't a locker room cancer and he has a good motor and all his teammates liked him.

Basically, even though he isn't the prototypical 34 lineman, he is better than anyone we got and better than everyone except Tommy Kelly (who should be resigned) in next years FA.
                                i dont want tank. honestly. i'm tired of average/below average players just to fill voids. we need upgrades.

question/thought for everyone. DA's contract is up after this season, i do believe, and he's a restricted free agent. so unless i'm wrong about his contract, what does everyone think, if he keeps playing like his does, we could get for compensation for him? i'm sure savage will send him packing after the season since he trades everybody.
                                When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information