No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question...is LeCharles Bentley supposed to be playing next season?? Or is his career finished, I thought he was going to try to make it out there this year but I havent heard much about him lately

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Quick question...is LeCharles Bentley supposed to be playing next season?? Or is his career finished, I thought he was going to try to make it out there this year but I havent heard much about him lately
      The little information we've gotten on Bentley over the past year has been vague at best. No one really knows for sure what the deal is.

IMO though, he won't be playing this year. As crappy as it is, it appears that his career really is over. Just too much damage to that knee has occurred since he initially injured it.

Comment

• I'm optimistic. I see LCB coming back. He's determined too. He may never be the quality player he once was, but I am HOPING to see Bentley either at center with Fraley at RG or with LCB sharing time with McKinney at RG...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• I had heard he was trying to get back this past year but didn't want to risk it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for next year.

Comment

• They restructured LeCharles deal this year and made it run out next season. It is also now a incentive based contract.

Browns and C LeCharles Bentley agreed to a restructured contract that will allow him to be an unrestricted free agent after the 2008 season.
            Injuries and illness have kept Bentley out of the Browns lineup since signing in 2006 and the new deal opens future cap space. It will limit the Browns' financial exposure if Bentley cannot return, though he expects to join an improved offensive line next season. (rotoworld.com)

and

12/20/2007: Signed a two-year, $1.805 million contract. Another $3.4 million is available through playing-time incentives in 2008. He'll receive $1 million bonuses after playing eight games, 12 games and 14 games. 2008: $605,000, 2009: Free Agent.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

• Also they restructured Gary Baxter's deal and he will be a free agent in March. (rotoworld.com)

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

• That would be huge if he could come back and play on an already strong offensive line...even some contribution would be nice, sucks for a guy so happy to be coming home to play

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• given that fraley was elected team captain, bentley is going to have to prove to be clearly superior to take over as center. that's why i expect that if bentley is healthy enough to play, it'll be at RG - or as a super backup - we were pretty lucky when it came to injuries last season, i don't expect that to happen again. but a healthy bentley gives us tremendous depth.

thomas/shaffer
                  steinbach/bentley
                  fraley/bentley
                  tucker/bentley
                  shaffer/tucker

losing thomas would be a bite in the shorts, but at least we've got another guy who's played LT in the past while any other injury wouldn't have the same kind of impact it might have had in years past.

Comment

• according to the OBR, we're interested in signing bernard berrian in F/A. that is if he doesnt go back to chicago.
                    Last edited by JSimmsy21; 01-22-2008, 07:24 PM.
                    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Bernard Berrian and Calvin Pace would be a couple nice targets I'd like to see us land to shore up the #2WR and LOLB spots. We would then only need a DE and/or NT for our front 7 in FA after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Bernard Berrian and Calvin Pace would be a couple nice targets I'd like to see us land to shore up the #2WR and LOLB spots. We would then only need a DE and/or NT for our front 7 in FA after that.
                        calvin pace is another one the OBR keeps referring to as a potential F/A signing. adam caplan seems to say that the only DL we'll go after is DE. they might go after a depth spot guy, but i guess the browns are trying to resign Kelley, so him and smith can take over the NT spot.

Comment

• The reason for that is b/c there are lots of OLBs and DEs out there in FA....but there are no Nose Tackles at all :(. Shaun Smith can be a solid NT though and if we get another one in the draft then we'll be on the right track. But a Vince Wilfork type will have to wait unless we draft a steal.

Comment

• Pontbriand was selected for the probowl! I meant 2008 in my sig but whatever.

Comment

• K2 getting offseason surgery again...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• new second round mock up. sucks. as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information