No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's dumb to keep Derek Anderson for one more year since this is as high as his stock will ever be. There is no way next year we get as lucky as we did this year with injuries on offense. No one really got hurt. The only person I can think of was Jamal Lewis. I really think it's a waste to have 2 quality quarterbacks when you have so many holes on defense. You have to get rid of one of them and I think getting rid of Derek is the best bet and you get the most for him.

Comment

• I Agree ^^^

Comment

• reports out of indy are saying that the browns and jamal lewis have agreed on a 3 year deal. financial terms are not yet known.
        When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
          reports out of indy are saying that the browns and jamal lewis have agreed on a 3 year deal. financial terms are not yet known.
          Perfect. We can get a RB early in the 2009 or even 2010 draft and groom him under Lewis for 1-2 years. Hopefully we don't take one this year now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
            Perfect. We can get a RB early in the 2009 or even 2010 draft and groom him under Lewis for 1-2 years. Hopefully we don't take one this year now.
            Why not?? This is one of the deepest RB classes in quite awhile. We could snag a nice prospect in the 3rd/4th rounds and groom him till JLs contract is up

Comment

• Originally posted by P01ntb1ank View Post
              Why not?? This is one of the deepest RB classes in quite awhile. We could snag a nice prospect in the 3rd/4th rounds and groom him till JLs contract is up
              It's personal opinion but do you really think that if we take someone in the 3rd or 4th he's going to be any better than Wright or Harrison? Im not sold on that being the case in the second...

Comment

• we'll draft Forte in the second if he runs a 4.5 40.

its proven that tandem backfields are more productive than one back systems. i'm also assuming that we trade DA for a first rounder, if not than forte might not be the pick. and with F/A all screwed up now with Williams/Haynesworthe/possibly Berrian all franchised, players in the draft this year for those positions may be over valued.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruken View Post
                  And im sorry but everyone saying he has bigger upside is total speculations and predicitons you never know how good a player is going to be until he actually plays which does not mean one series and the preseason.
                  Upside and ceiling are synonyms for potential. Theres no way you can factually argue that Quinn has less potential then Anderson. You can say he won't reach it which is pretty much saying he'll bust which is a valid opinion but saying Anderson has more potential then Quinn is off.

Our opinions on Quinn and Anderson are obviously different and I can agree that Quinn may not live up to the hype [another word for potential], but he has way more upside, a much higher ceiling than Anderson does...

Example: 1=bad, 10=great.
                  Anderson's ability now = 5, Anderson's ceiling = 6.
                  Quinn's ability now = 2, Quinn's ceiling = 9.

^obviously those are my numbers and not scouts or anything but that's just trying to illustrate my point. Anderson is an average QB, some success and some failure all wrapped up in a season. Quinn has a bright future just like Tim Couch did but will he reach it is the question.

Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                  the first cincy game DA tore them apart(altho he did miss his first 5 passes), and it was the same crap defense the second time, but he threw 4 picks. he put us in a hole.
                  I think one of the reasons DA started to trail off at the end of the season besides the weather was that teams had tape on him and the offense...Fresh face in a fresh system no one really knew how to counter it...

EDIT:

Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                  reports out of indy are saying that the browns and jamal lewis have agreed on a 3 year deal. financial terms are not yet known.
                  This is confirmed via ClevelandBrowns.com but the link is broken at the site...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=8213
                  Last edited by j05son; 02-21-2008, 07:32 PM. Reason: merged to avoid double posting.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

we'll draft Forte in the second if he runs a 4.5 40.

its proven that tandem backfields are more productive than one back systems. i'm also assuming that we trade DA for a first rounder, if not than forte might not be the pick. and with F/A all screwed up now with Williams/Haynesworthe/possibly Berrian all franchised, players in the draft this year for those positions may be over valued.
                    Jamal wants most of the workload but I dont trust a guy that has had that many carries to go this whole year without getting injured. As the same with Derek Anderson, I dont expect Jamal to put up more stats than he did last year. He had a great OL with no injuries and a passing attack so the defense couldn't overload the box. Plus Jamal Lewis is another year older. Wright and Harrison just don't cut it as backups so we definitely do need to address RB before the 5th round of the Draft or in FA. Just someone who can keep the ground game respectable so they can't drop the whole defense.

Comment

• i dont like us taking forde, hes too similar to jamal. its not that big of a deal, as i have argued that mcfadden and fargas would work nicely but i would love to see a guy who can take it to the house on a previously worn out defense. i think jamall charles would be perfect for us

Comment

• There is a report on NFL.com that Savage will resign Anderson for 3 years and expects him to start next season for us.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

we'll draft Forte in the second if he runs a 4.5 40.

IIRC forte has recorded a 4.45 40. if he's available in the 3rd round (or later), i 'd say take him, but not in the 2nd.

IMO the fact that he *is* a jamal lewis clone heightens the appeal, jamal comes out, and we can still put a guy on the field who can block, catch the ball coming out of the backfield AND run through guys if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by barry View Post
                            IIRC forte has recorded a 4.45 40. if he's available in the 3rd round (or later), i 'd say take him, but not in the 2nd.

IMO the fact that he *is* a jamal lewis clone heightens the appeal, jamal comes out, and we can still put a guy on the field who can block, catch the ball coming out of the backfield AND run through guys if need be.
                            adam caplan reported that forte will be a late 2nd rounder if he runs well at the combine. if he runs a 4.45 like your saying, i'd be ok if we traded up in the second to take him. dude is and underrated all around talent just b/c he went to Tulane.
                            Last edited by JSimmsy21; 02-22-2008, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• even with the combine results, i have yet to see any scouting reports /mock drafts with forte going before the 3rd round. i trust savage's ability to know where a guy should/will be drafted - partly through talent evaluation as well as projecting what other teams will take at previous picks. that allowed us to get brady (at what cost?) late in the first round when savage was sure that the teams after dallas would have taken brady. the poiint is: why draft a guy in the second round if no one else will draft him before the 4th round - use that earlier pick to get somebody else. or we make a trade to draft a bit higher in the 3rd round if it looks like someone else might take him.

Comment

• I like Forsett for us in the second or third. He can play day 1.

We also need a DT or DE day 1. We can not get out without one.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information