No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think we are more likely to carry 10 linebackers and 5 corners or 9 linebackers and 6 corners this season?

I've fairly confident in the amount of players we'll carry at the other positions, but I can't decide if that final roster spot will go to a linebacker or a corner. Personally I'd rather keep the most talented linebackers, but how bad our corners 3-6 suck we may need to keep more around and rotate them to keep fresh or until one starts playing well enough.

Comment

• Without a doubt 5 corners. That's all we've ever carried for as long as I remember, and it's not like we have more than 3 guys who don't deserve to be cut. Wright, McDonald, and Cousin will make it, beyond them we have not one guy who would make the team if we had any kind of decent depth, which is why free safety Mike Adams will play a lot of nickel this year. At linebacker Peek and Beau Bell are recovering from leg injuries, I expect we keep ten for that reason.

My guess: LB-Wimbley, McGinest, Peek, Jackson, Davis, Williams, Griffin, Bell, Orr, Hall. CB-Wright, McDonald, Cousin, Perry, Davis. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a guy like Gerard Lawson beat out Perry or Davis at CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Without a doubt 5 corners. That's all we've ever carried for as long as I remember, and it's not like we have more than 3 guys who don't deserve to be cut. Wright, McDonald, and Cousin will make it, beyond them we have not one guy who would make the team if we had any kind of decent depth, which is why free safety Mike Adams will play a lot of nickel this year. At linebacker Peek and Beau Bell are recovering from leg injuries, I expect we keep ten for that reason.

My guess: LB-Wimbley, McGinest, Peek, Jackson, Davis, Williams, Griffin, Bell, Orr, Hall. CB-Wright, McDonald, Cousin, Perry, Davis. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a guy like Gerard Lawson beat out Perry or Davis at CB.

Obviously you don't remember last year when we our opening day roster included 6 CB inwhich one couldn't even play the entire season and is now cut.

1. Leigh Bodden
        2. Eric Wright
        3. Daven Holly
        4. Kenny Wright
        5. Gary Baxter
        6. Jeremy Perry

I actually could of sworn we had someone else too. I thought I remember being ticked we had 7 corners to start the season.

Comment

• Brown pants today. How do you guys feel about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
            Brown pants today. How do you guys feel about it?

They seem to be bad luck.

Hank Fraley is still far and away our worst offensive lineman.

Eric Wright better learn quick because he's been sucking for 2 pre seasons and a whole season now. Brandon McDonald is far superior.

Derek Anderson can't make a pass under 15 yards to save his life.

Jamal Lewis's fumble was just a preseason incident. He'll be fine

Sean Jones got his feet tangled on that TD he needs to get better too.

Minus Fraley, Wright and Anderson I think the team is still fine.

Comment

• Wright did have about 2 crappy plays there, hopefully he plays more like he did in the last 8 games of 2007 instead of tonight when we have live bullets. Just a totally ****** game all around though in the first 20 minutes or so. If we show like that in the real games it's gonna hurt us. Lots of good plays though, I like what I saw out of McDonald, Mike Adams, Steptoe, Quinn, Joe Thomas, Kellen, etc. Defense only really had that one bad play in the redzone, most of it was offensive and special teams mistakes and penalties. Not a big deal, only a preseason practice game.

Comment

• ...In fact, the game didn't really bother me nearly as much as the announcers. Kornheiser and co. jumping to conclusions like we're not that good or we're pretenders b/c we had one bad quarter in a preseason game of all things. It's not like we had Edwards or Rogers or a gameplan or intricate blitz packages drawn up or anything either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
                  Obviously you don't remember last year when we our opening day roster included 6 CB inwhich one couldn't even play the entire season and is now cut.

1. Leigh Bodden
                  2. Eric Wright
                  3. Daven Holly
                  4. Kenny Wright
                  5. Gary Baxter
                  6. Jeremy Perry

I actually could of sworn we had someone else too. I thought I remember being ticked we had 7 corners to start the season.
                  Brandon McDonald

I'm not a big fan of the Brown Pants with Brown Socks. Maybe the Brown Pants with white socks. I want them to bring back the Alternate Orange Jerseys.

One thing about the 3-4 is that you don't know where that extra rusher(s) is coming from and it's trickery. Also our offense seems to have a lot of plays in store for the regular season. I feel like the coaches are holding a lot back. It's not that part that bothers me it's the stupid things like getting beat deep because you think you have over the top help or a safety getting beat deep or not hitting the short pass or not being able to take a hand off or missed tackling. It doesn't matter what play is called, if you can't do these things you can't win.

I am also excited about our return game/Phil Dawson. On the other side though our kick coverage team looks horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post

1. Leigh Bodden
                    2. Eric Wright
                    3. Daven Holly
                    4. Kenny Wright
                    5. Gary Baxter
                    6. Jeremy Perry

I think Baxter was PUP. Plus we had injuries. If we have someone hurt this year we could be looking at 6 CBs on the roster in week one. But considering we have now 3 hurt LBs (Leon hurt his neck tonight), I don't see how we keep a scrub CB over a LB who has much much more upside.

Comment

• Browns looked absolutley awful on most fronts but it is the preseason so not to much to worry about. Biggest issues are probably the injuries to Anderson, Poole, and Cribbs. All important parts to this team.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I think Baxter was PUP. Plus we had injuries. If we have someone hurt this year we could be looking at 6 CBs on the roster in week one. But considering we have now 3 hurt LBs (Leon hurt his neck tonight), I don't see how we keep a scrub CB over a LB who has much much more upside.
                        Baxter made the opening day roster. He was ineligible for the PUP because he attempted to practice during training camps. We had 7 corners and only 3 safteys to open the sesaon last season.

I hope to God we carry 10 linebackers and 5 corners because those corners looked awful outside of A.J. Davis who may have a future as a dime or even nickel guy in this league. Meanwhile, the 8th, 9th and 10th linebackers would be Shantee Orr who is a much better inside blitzer than anyone on the team, Kris Griffin who is not much defensively but is a great special teamer, and finally Alex Hall who looks to have tremendous upside. Through one training camp and 2 pre season games he has shown more development than David McMillan has in 3 years.

The two who get cut: David McMillan and Chase Ortiz

1. Eric Wright
                        2. Brandon McDonald
                        3. Terry Cusin
                        4. A.J. Davis
                        5. Jeremy Perry

Cut: Gerard Lawson, Travis Key, Brandon Mitchell, Milvon James, Damon Jenkins

Comment

• Perfect timing for an injury to DA. If he doesnt get better, Brady Quinn will be playing 3 quarters as a starter, no?

Wait, did anything come out about DA's injury?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• 1. Terrence McGee
                            2. Leodis McKlevin
                            3. Jabari Greer
                            4. William James
                            5. Reggie Corner
                            6. Ashton Youboty
                            7. Kenard Cox

At least one if not two of these corners will be cut from the Bills roster. Greer and James are vets with starting experience and Corner, Cox and Youboty all have more talent than any of our corners below McDonald and Wright. Lets hope we can get one. I'm sure there are other talented CB's from other teams who'll get the axe too. Hope Savage is scouting his a$$ off right now because we need help in the worst way.

Comment

• I think Buffalo wants to keep 6 corners this year b/c they lost all of them to injury last season and want to be prepared for that this time around. Cox will probably be the odd man out.

Davis and Perry seem like they should be #s 4 and 5, but Lawson could be the dark horse in that battle. Mike Adams has been very good in his role in camp and the games so far at nickel and backup safety, so he can play corner...but it would be nice still to add another veteran before the season. I've heard Andre Dyson's name mentioned before.

Comment

I think Buffalo wants to keep 6 corners this year b/c they lost all of them to injury last season and want to be prepared for that this time around. Cox will probably be the odd man out.

Davis and Perry seem like they should be #s 4 and 5, but Lawson could be the dark horse in that battle. Mike Adams has been very good in his role in camp and the games so far at nickel and backup safety, so he can play corner...but it would be nice still to add another veteran before the season. I've heard Andre Dyson's name mentioned before.
                                OMG did you just say veteran? Finally another Browns fan who agrees with me. I spent all draft preaching against drafting another young CB...and Phil obviously agreed we had more pressing needs. Now I'm already been hearing how we need to draft a young corner high this year...and we don't. We need a capable veteran.

Jabari Greer will only be 27 next season and he'll be a free agent. With the drafting of McLevin and Corner I don't see Buffalo resigning him. He would be perfect for what we need in Cleveland allowing us to address the more pressing needs ala pass rushing OLB and interior lineman(McKinney, Friedman, Hadnot, Tucker are all free agents in the next 2 years and all but Hadnot are getting to that age when performance hits a hault). Also we still need a ILB or two. Orr, Davis and Griffin are all free agents next year and Davis probably wont be back. Not high though round 4 or 5 would work again.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information