Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh okay thanks. haha
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

    Comment


    • After Brady Quinn's horrible performance I think he should switch back to his Revolution helmet.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
        After Brady Quinn's horrible performance I think he should switch back to his Revolution helmet.
        =[

        So disappointed with his performance. I was hoping a good game would lead to more of a debate of the starter, with Brady getting some more reps maybe in season; doubtful now.

        Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by j05son View Post
          =[

          So disappointed with his performance. I was hoping a good game would lead to more of a debate of the starter, with Brady getting some more reps maybe in season; doubtful now.
          Really going to depend on how serious DA's concussion is. Quinn might start the season as our starter and may be OK. I don't care about his preseason game all that much. He obviously needs more work with the 1st team and still could be OK.
          I didn't think he would automatically be an improvement over DA, that was just wishful thinking on some people's mind, but I also won't panic just because he had a poor exhibition game. He still has potential and hopefully he begins to show it if he has to start.
          And proud of it!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
            Really going to depend on how serious DA's concussion is. Quinn might start the season as our starter and may be OK. I don't care about his preseason game all that much. He obviously needs more work with the 1st team and still could be OK.
            I didn't think he would automatically be an improvement over DA, that was just wishful thinking on some people's mind, but I also won't panic just because he had a poor exhibition game. He still has potential and hopefully he begins to show it if he has to start.
            It seemed like he just needed more work with the 1st team now that I think about it. A lot of the timing routes were off and he threw short a lot on deep routes.

            Comment


            • Brady Quinn has still shown more potential in less chances than Eric Wright has in 2 training camps and a regular season. I'm not ready to start questioning Brady Quinn's ability to play at a high level in the NFL. Eric Wright is starting to concern me though. He is in his second year now, so something better click for him before our bye week.

              Comment


              • I hear that LeCharles is taking a physical for the Rams. If they sign him I hope he does well.

                Comment


                • So what is the deal with Louis Leonard? He looked very impressive in game one, but I haven't even seen him on the field in the last two games. Did he get hurt or pi$$ of Romeo? What is the deal?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
                    So what is the deal with Louis Leonard? He looked very impressive in game one, but I haven't even seen him on the field in the last two games. Did he get hurt or pi$$ of Romeo? What is the deal?
                    he hurt his ankle, in practice i beleive, and it was a coaches desicion to hold him out. the staff is starting to think highly of him.

                    cuts today include Damon jenkins, Austin Scott, and brian Shaeffering*sp?*

                    aslo, JJ to the puppy, so he's out six weeks.

                    and finally Kevin Kasper to the injured/reserve list.
                    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                      he hurt his ankle, in practice i beleive, and it was a coaches desicion to hold him out. the staff is starting to think highly of him.

                      cuts today include Damon jenkins, Austin Scott, and brian Shaeffering*sp?*

                      aslo, JJ to the puppy, so he's out six weeks.

                      and finally Kevin Kasper to the injured/reserve list.
                      This move makes no sense to me. The guy is a watching injury and he's worthless to begin with. He is a very fast guy who can do a decent job returning kicks....thats all he has. Not to mention he's already getting up there in age. You just settle with a guy like this and say good luck to you pal.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
                        This move makes no sense to me. The guy is a watching injury and he's worthless to begin with. He is a very fast guy who can do a decent job returning kicks....thats all he has. Not to mention he's already getting up there in age. You just settle with a guy like this and say good luck to you pal.
                        aaactuuaallyy...Kasper was the front runner for the #3 WR spot before his hammy went nuts. he showed, hands down, thru mini camp and the begginning of training camp that he was good for that role.

                        and putting him on the IR does a few things.
                        -first, he doesn't count against the 53 man roster now, so we were able to keep one more younger player at that position.
                        -second, we already know what he can do in this system, and if we need more WR help next year, we already have him and don't have to worry about another team snatching him up.

                        overall, I'd have to say this was a VERY smart decision on the browns part.
                        When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                          aaactuuaallyy...Kasper was the front runner for the #3 WR spot before his hammy went nuts. he showed, hands down, thru mini camp and the begginning of training camp that he was good for that role.

                          and putting him on the IR does a few things.
                          -first, he doesn't count against the 53 man roster now, so we were able to keep one more younger player at that position.
                          -second, we already know what he can do in this system, and if we need more WR help next year, we already have him and don't have to worry about another team snatching him up.

                          overall, I'd have to say this was a VERY smart decision on the browns part.
                          Younger??? He's 30 years old and still hasn't proven a thing in the NFL. He was only the favorite to win the #3 role because Romeo Crennel hates Travis Wilson and JJ was hurt. They're both better players as well as Syndric Steptoe.

                          I would have let this walking injury sign on with whoever he wanted to sign on with. He'll never make an impact in football.

                          Comment


                          • i think you misunderstood me. i meant that with Kasper being on IR, it lets us take a longer look at the other younger players on the roster, without having to cut them 4 days to soon. also letting us see one of them in one more preseason game.


                            *by the way* for anyone that lives in the board man area, me and a few friends of mine are going to bdubs to watch the game. PM if you might be able to make it out.
                            When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                              i think you misunderstood me. i meant that with Kasper being on IR, it lets us take a longer look at the other younger players on the roster, without having to cut them 4 days to soon. also letting us see one of them in one more preseason game.


                              *by the way* for anyone that lives in the board man area, me and a few friends of mine are going to bdubs to watch the game. PM if you might be able to make it out.
                              Oh I see now, but still why would you place him on IR? that is what you do with a young injured player you'd like to see next year, not a broken vet.

                              Comment


                              • I'm sorry, but Jason Wright is so slow and stiff. He runs like a machine he doesn't have any fluidity at all. He is football smart and that is about it. He would make a great coach, but we have 2 better runners on the team than him right now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information