WR Travis Wilson

Terminated-Vested Veteran

LB Shantee Orr

Waived-Injured

OL Derrick Morse

OL Marvin Philip

DL Chase Pittman

RB Travis Thomas

i am not shocked by any of these moves. but i'm also taking into consideration that injuries have played a more than significant role in who made it and who didnt.

i think Dinkins will get cut as soon as Rucker is healthy. depends how much this team covets dinkins special teams play.

Griffin may be on the outs when Bell makes a full return. mabye.

our bottom three corners, cousin, daniels, and lawson, i think, all still have their jobs in jeopardy. these wont be the same set of corners that play Dallas.

the only reason Sowells is still on the roster is b/c he played RT reasonably well this preseason.

why dont we just cut Dorsey and make him a coach? nuts!
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Hubbard > Wilson?

Comment

• Honestly I think you guys did a bad job in releasing Wilson. Ya he has struggled, but beyond Edwards and Stallworth, who do you have? Cribbs is just a ST player, Steptoe is small and better for the slot IMO. I am concerned about your WR depth as well as your CB depth. You guys will still be good, but one injury to any of those areas and your season could be down the drain.

Comment

• Isaac Sowells and Nathan Bennett over James Lee???

Paul Hubbard over Travis Wilson???

I'm going to take a crap on Romeo Crennels front step. F that piece of garbage. I hope he gets hit by a bus, fat piece of garbage always keeps his kind around...fat out of shape lazy low life slobs like Washington and Sowells. I hope you choke on your next double cheese you fat slob.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            Honestly I think you guys did a bad job in releasing Wilson. Ya he has struggled, but beyond Edwards and Stallworth, who do you have? Cribbs is just a ST player, Steptoe is small and better for the slot IMO. I am concerned about your WR depth as well as your CB depth. You guys will still be good, but one injury to any of those areas and your season could be down the drain.
            Depth certainly is a problem for our young team. It will probably be 1 more draft perhaps 2 before we begin to have the type of depth it takes to survive injuries.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Griffin is a special teams ace, we're not gonna cut him this year Beau Bell or no Beau Bell. I get the same feeling with Dinkins, he had a great camp and has an important role on special teams, so they have 2 excuses to keep 4 TEs this year. I think they didn't see enough consistency from Wilson to keep him over a high upside guy like Hubbard. I don't think Wilson would've been active for a single game this year anyways just like last year. We only use about 3 WRs for a game and 3 TEs. Remember Tim Carter was our #3 last year and he barely saw the field.

James Lee got a lot of hype early on but faded and made a lot of mistakes late in camp, I think that's why they gave him the boot. Bennett was more consistent I think, and Sowells made the team b/c Friedman is on the IR now. Sowells can play OT or OG too.

But quite frankly, if we lose Wright or McDonald at CB or Edwards at WR to injury I will be worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                Depth certainly is a problem for our young team. It will probably be 1 more draft perhaps 2 before we begin to have the type of depth it takes to survive injuries.
                yeah, but we certainly have come a long way. We have a very deep O-Line now and with the injuries to Tucker, Friedman, and now Hadnot that totally paid off already. DLine, LB, QB, RB, and TE look pretty deep by NFL standards anyways too. Phil needs to beef up the DB and WR units next offseason and get some more impact defenders before he's done making us where we should be to contend.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  I think they didn't see enough consistency from Wilson to keep him over a high upside guy like Hubbard. I don't think Wilson would've been active for a single game this year anyways just like last year. We only use about 3 WRs for a game and 3 TEs. Remember Tim Carter was our #3 last year and he barely saw the field.
                  Agreed. Remember that our #3 receiver caught 8 passes last year for a staggering .5 catches per game average.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

yeah, but we certainly have come a long way. We have a very deep O-Line now and with the injuries to Tucker, Friedman, and now Hadnot that totally paid off already. DLine, LB, QB, RB, and TE look pretty deep by NFL standards anyways too. Phil needs to beef up the DB and WR units next offseason and get some more impact defenders before he's done making us where we should be to contend.
                    I don't completely agree. I still think our OL needs a bit of an upgrade, certainly, we are done if Lewis goes down and WR is rather thin.
                    On defense, the DL is thin, LBer is OK but CB leaves me nervous even if our starters are healthy all year.
                    I still think this team has a ways to go before all the pieces are in place for any kind of a serious Super Bowl run, even the playoff aren't guaranteed. We've come a long way in a short time under Savage/Crennel but we still have aways to go before we'll be a truly solid team.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Griffin is a special teams ace, we're not gonna cut him this year Beau Bell or no Beau Bell. I get the same feeling with Dinkins, he had a great camp and has an important role on special teams, so they have 2 excuses to keep 4 TEs this year. I think they didn't see enough consistency from Wilson to keep him over a high upside guy like Hubbard. I don't think Wilson would've been active for a single game this year anyways just like last year. We only use about 3 WRs for a game and 3 TEs. Remember Tim Carter was our #3 last year and he barely saw the field.

James Lee got a lot of hype early on but faded and made a lot of mistakes late in camp, I think that's why they gave him the boot. Bennett was more consistent I think, and Sowells made the team b/c Friedman is on the IR now. Sowells can play OT or OG too.

But quite frankly, if we lose Wright or McDonald at CB or Edwards at WR to injury I will be worried.
                      Kris Griffin is a must keep...obviously. No one disputes that roster move.

Hmm. Hubbard has more inconsistant hands than Travis Wilson plus he can't get off the jam to save his life. Syndric Steptoe has more upside than both Hubbard and Wilson anyway. I just don't know that he can do it this year yet.

Darnell Dinkins is not a special teams ace. He's a special teams flag machine. If he gets one more holding or clipping call I'd cut him and then cut his F***ing hands off.

James Lee played guard in college at a very high level. He can play LT something Isaac Sowells cannot do. Isaac Sowells is a flag machine as well. Not to mention he is a fat lazy pile of garbage with no work ethic. Nathan Bennett will never last. He's a scrub who will be gone right around the bye week.

Comment

• Haha well when you're right you're right. Nathan Bennett is already been wavied in favor of Scott Young who's been a reserve for Philadelphia the last three seasons. He has experience in the league and has played at a quality level. I like this pick up. Now for the love of God can we find someone to replace Paul Hubbard and Isaac Sowells.

Comment

• I'm glad to see Travis Key and Steve Sanders on the Practice Squad, they were both very impressive young players in the preseason games. Well very impressive for scrub standards anyway. I hope we sign one of those veteran DBs who got cut soon and ditch either Lawson or Cousin.

Comment

I'm glad to see Travis Key and Steve Sanders on the Practice Squad, they were both very impressive young players in the preseason games. Well very impressive for scrub standards anyway. I hope we sign one of those veteran DBs who got cut soon and ditch either Lawson or Cousin.
                            I think for the time being we have to keep Lawson though. Cribbs has a high ankle sprain and Steptoe's shoulder is hurt. We have no one else with decent return skills other than McDonald and I don't know about you, but I don't want our starting corner returning kicks and punts, especially with our lack of depth at corner.

Comment

• yeah, that's why I would consider Cousin instead of Lawson. It would be pretty bad if we had to resort to a 3rd string KR/PR though.

Comment

• After all these years the injury bug still wont leave the Browns alone. Antwan Peek tore his patella tendon in practice on Wednesday. His season, and more likely than not career his over. Go figure, how many times have we said that since 1999?

The only good I see in this is that Alex Hall should get extended playing time. The coaches like him. We all knew he had the physical tools to be a great player. The coaches like his work ethic and quick learning abilities. Lets hope he can put it all together on the field and be a bookend for Kamerion Wimbley for a long time to come. Even if he can do that OLB just became our biggest need next offseason. We're going to need a #3 pass rusher badly even if Alex Hall does step up big time, and if he doesn't we're in an even worse situation and we're going to have to find Wimbley's bookend.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information