No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's a tidbit. looks like cribbs has a real good shot at playing sunday. yay!

same with Tucker. which is very good b/c he's much better at RG than anyone else.

actually the only two that are completely ruled out for sunday are Griffin and Rucker. Hadnot is doubtful. Pool is game time, but he's looking like a questionable.
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• I hear Hadnot is definitely not gonna play even though they haven't said that out loud yet really. Pool probably won't play either. I think McKinney is gonna start at RG, not really a bad thing. yay for the OBR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
        After all these years the injury bug still wont leave the Browns alone. Antwan Peek tore his patella tendon in practice on Wednesday. His season, and more likely than not career his over. Go figure, how many times have we said that since 1999?

The only good I see in this is that Alex Hall should get extended playing time. The coaches like him. We all knew he had the physical tools to be a great player. The coaches like his work ethic and quick learning abilities. Lets hope he can put it all together on the field and be a bookend for Kamerion Wimbley for a long time to come. Even if he can do that OLB just became our biggest need next offseason. We're going to need a #3 pass rusher badly even if Alex Hall does step up big time, and if he doesn't we're in an even worse situation and we're going to have to find Wimbley's bookend.
        With Willie retiring I think OLB was gonna be a huge need next year regardless. I don't think they expected Peek to be anything more than a 3rd down pass rusher. Looks like Alex Hall is the guy they're gonna try to develop as the 3rd down pass rusher for next year at least (hopefully this year too) and they're gonna try to sign/trade/draft a 2 or 3 down LOLB next year. I hope Orr and Hall get enough pass rush opposite KWimbley or else it's gonna be a long day for our DBs every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          With Willie retiring I think OLB was gonna be a huge need next year regardless. I don't think they expected Peek to be anything more than a 3rd down pass rusher. Looks like Alex Hall is the guy they're gonna try to develop as the 3rd down pass rusher for next year at least (hopefully this year too) and they're gonna try to sign/trade/draft a 2 or 3 down LOLB next year. I hope Orr and Hall get enough pass rush opposite KWimbley or else it's gonna be a long day for our DBs every week.
          There is no doubt that we need another pass rusher from the OLB position.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post

Its too early to tell, but there is no reason why Alex Hall can't become that 3 down linebacker we need opposite Wimbley. He played better against the run than he did rushing the passer in his two preseason starts and he has the skill set to cover guys as well. I wouldn't pencil him into our future plans as a future starter yet, but I wouldn't write him off just yet either.

Comment

• I mean that if Hall can't be the 3rd down pass rusher this year then at least they'll try to make him that next year. They need to bring in a guy to be the starter regardless of Peek. The only way they don't is if Hall has a monster year or if he's at least good enough to look like he can start next year and brings the pressure as a rookie.

Comment

• hall seems to have the physical tools, but any more than chaun thompson? the point is that the physical tools are only part of the equation.

and they waived hubbard and signed sanders off the practice squad. there goes the 2009 5th round pick we gave up to draft hubbard.

Comment

• Cleveland needs

1.) A Saftey who can actually cover
                  2.) A replacement for D'Qwell Jackson who can actually cover
                  3.) A Pass rushing OLB
                  4.) A center who's not a *****
                  5.) A right guard who's not a *****
                  6.) A wide reciever who's not too pansie to play a games he's being payed to plan

Comment

• Dallas gets the Mulligan. We need to beat Pittsburgh next Sunday night when they come to town or else we ain't going to the postseason noway nohow. Crennel made Butch Davis look like Vince Lombardi as a gameday coach today. Braylon Edwards must have thought it was halloween b/c he was brickhands the first half and the invisible man the second half - not braylon edwards the pro bowl WR.

Comment

• What does our cap situation look like this coming up offseason?

We have far too many needs to help this team with just 2 picks on the first day and only 4 overall.

Comment

Cleveland needs

1.) A Saftey who can actually cover
                        2.) A replacement for D'Qwell Jackson who can actually cover
                        3.) A Pass rushing OLB
                        4.) A center who's not a *****
                        5.) A right guard who's not a *****
                        6.) A wide reciever who's not too pansie to play a games he's being payed to plan
                        Jones can cover.

Dqwell's bad because he can't cover WRs?

Agreed

Hank Fraley is great.

They have like 50 just plug one in.

Don't know who you're referring to there.

Comment

• You don't just plug guards in an expect to win football games. It all starts in the trenches and a guard is part of that game. Hank Fraley is a far lard who's always getting knocked back, maybe he's not that bad, but compared to the other 4 he is pathetic...the obvious weak link.

D'Qwell was toasted by Jason Witten more than once as well. All of our inside linebackers were playing flat footed and slow as always. Neither of them can cover and I wouldn't expect Beau Bell who is labled a thumper to be able to cover very well either.

Sean Jones is always getting beat so don't give me that garbage. He got toasted in the opener last season too and the first preseason game this year just off the top of my head. Thats alright though I can let that slide because he is a in-the-box type anyway. It's Brodney Pool and Mike Adams I'd like to replace.

Donte Stallworth??? The guy is a walking injury...afraid to take a hit and has gator arms at the worst possible times. I have no idea why we signed him to such a decent contract in the first place.

Oh and we need to get faster up front. We have far and away the largest Dline in the league with Smith, Williams and Rogers all three well over average for their positions. Its no wonder we can't get pressure. Well hell come to think of it the entire defense is just plain slow for the NFL.

Comment

You don't just plug guards in an expect to win football games. It all starts in the trenches and a guard is part of that game. Hank Fraley is a far lard who's always getting knocked back, maybe he's not that bad, but compared to the other 4 he is pathetic...the obvious weak link.

D'Qwell was toasted by Jason Witten more than once as well. All of our inside linebackers were playing flat footed and slow as always. Neither of them can cover and I wouldn't expect Beau Bell who is labled a thumper to be able to cover very well either.

Sean Jones is always getting beat so don't give me that garbage. He got toasted in the opener last season too and the first preseason game this year just off the top of my head. Thats alright though I can let that slide because he is a in-the-box type anyway. It's Brodney Pool and Mike Adams I'd like to replace.

Donte Stallworth??? The guy is a walking injury...afraid to take a hit and has gator arms at the worst possible times. I have no idea why we signed him to such a decent contract in the first place.

Oh and we need to get faster up front. We have far and away the largest Dline in the league with Smith, Williams and Rogers all three well over average for their positions. Its no wonder we can't get pressure. Well hell come to think of it the entire defense is just plain slow for the NFL.
                            Someone needs to calm down. It's 1 game.

Comment

• For me, it was pretty obvious that we need another real stud at OLB who can pressure the passer. Until we improve our pass rush, our defense just isn't going to be solid. Sure we could use some upgrades at some positions and another WR is a must but unless that pass rush improves, we aren't a playoff contender just yet.
                              Our offense had a real chance to be good today but when Edwards is dropping balls, we are always going to be in trouble. With Brady's injury and Manning not quite his old self, Dallas is probably the #1 team in the NFL so losing to them doesn't end our season.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

• 1 game are you kidding me?

Our inside linebackers have been sucking since the day we drafted them.

Donte Stallworth has always been a huge pansie.

This defense has been slow as long as I could remember.

Sean Jones has never been a great coverage saftey.

I guess the RG thing it is just one game because it was Seth McKinney. I know Ryan Tucker and Rex Hadnot are both better. I still don't like McKinney or Fraley. We should start Tucker(RG) and Hadnot(C) when they're both healthy. Romeo is too loyal for that to ever happen though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information