Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    That was probably the worst called game by a head coach I've ever seen. What a joke, Romeo made some of the stupidest mistakes in that game what the hell was he thinking? We played fairly well, but he didn't give us a chance to win it. Seriously, if you're down by a touchdown with 3 minutes left when you're offense is on a roll and it the strength of your team, you kick a field goal which means you need another TD anyways - but that involives putting faith in your worst unit (defense) and then hoping to have another drive (which takes more than 2 minutes) to score a touchdown (which hasn't happened yet this season for us). Crennel should be fired before the season ends. We're not gonna beat anyone but Cincy, Baltimore, and Houston at that rate.
    Can you come up with any real football knowledge other than copy and pasting OBR. If you stray away from OBR you end up with the text above that shouts "i don't know anything about football."

1. "Romeo made the stupidest mistakes in the game:"
    Romeo [or Chud] went for a quick TD or incompletion when there was 8 seconds left in the first half. It was a play called by Chud that didn't have everyone in the endzone and it was Anderson who tried to force it and got picked. I fail to see how that was Romeo's bad call.

Maybe you mean in the second half when we marched down to our own 20 and couldn't convert for the first down. You have 2 options: 1 - go for it, or 2 - go for the for sure points. When you waste that much clock, moving the ball for the first time, and then fading out, YOU HAVE TO PUT POINTS BACK ON THE SCOREBOARD. Plus he was giving the game back to [this brings up the next point as well]

2. "putting faith in our worst unit"
    As we all know that the unit that looks the best on paper and from past seasons obviously is [/sarcasm]. The defense held Pittsburgh to 10 total points. If our offense is suppose to be so top notch that we have our QB missing easy throws [for an NFL QB] and making bad decision all game, if your stud WR is leading the league in dropped catches, our secondary WR's [JJ and Stallworth] are both injured, our offensive line can't open up anything for Lewis, how is our defense [again, 10 points held - all game] the worst unit on this football team. That would be the offense. It doesn't matter that we have multiple pro bowlers on O, if we're suppose to be this good on offense, with an OC who's deemed a quote "genius" and "future head coach" I would think that our all star packed O-Line could open a whole, or our all star packed offense could score a TD.

Crennel put the game with the unit that was doing the best. The defense was holding all game, he put the best percentage for guaranteed points up on the board, put the game in the unit that was at that time, playing better than our offense to win the game. Our defense had about 3 mins to hold, and it took a scramble by Roethlisberger and a 19 yard pass to Miller to break it wide open, force the Time Outs gone, and then holding onto the ball.

It's great that you can make Monday morning calls from your couch, Crennel made the best play by going for the quick TD and hoping to settle for a FG at worst in the first half [everyone knows that's how it's done in the NFL] and again in the second half getting points on the board, and playing to live another position, giving the game in the control of the unit doing the best with a tad over 3 minutes in game remaining.

I would consider just coping and pasting OBR reports...

Edit: if anyone would have told you in June or July that if we would score 11 points against the Steelers we would win the game, we would have circled that game for a win easy. Esp with how "good" our offense is.

p.s - I also fully expect our offense to get back on track, but that doesn't defeat the purpose that they are doing horrible and are no longer the best unit on this team currently and cost us the game Sunday. I also think it's funny that when you go to pinpoint lack of coaching, you solely placed this on Romeo alone. Always like Cleveland, using the coach for a scapegoat because you thought this was the year...
    Last edited by j05son; 09-18-2008, 03:19 AM.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• I didn't even read anything on the OBR about that game, I watched the game, was disgusted, and that's what I think about it. Bad coaching and clock management, the field goal was ridiculous. No question we should have went for it. If we didn't get it then that gave Pittsburgh a longer field, we still would have had to stop them and get the ball back to score a TD....the only difference being that if we did score a TD it would've been tied instead of us having a 3 point lead. In a close game like that you go for it, we were in a rhythm with the passing game, something like 5 completions in a row on that drive, our OLine was picking up the blitz, it was rolling. We better get it turned around here or we're staring at a 5 or 6 win season right in the face.

Comment

• What does anyone know about Eric Young? Is his torn quad from last year the reason why he was on the injury list all summer, or did something else happen? Obviously the Browns think fairly high of him or we wouldn't have kept him around with an injury. Wonder were they had planned on him playing, back up LT(played there in college), depth for LG, or possible future replacement at RG or RT???

Comment

• versatile guy they liked, they apparently thought if not for the injury that Young would have been a 3rd or 4th round draft pick so they shelved him for 2009. Probably will get a good chance to compete for a roster spot next year and they'll see what happens from there.

Comment

• At Baltimore this week. They ran the ball some 48 times their first week. If we don't play a safety in the box that entire game except for obvious passing downs, ill be pissed
            When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
              At Baltimore this week. They ran the ball some 48 times their first week. If we don't play a safety in the box that entire game except for obvious passing downs, ill be pissed
              Especially since they can't cover anyway. It would be like playing with 10 on the field if we left them in coverage because they always get burnt anyway....might as well use them to stop the run.

Comment

• Crennel would probably play a 3-3-5 the whole game knowing him and do that umbrella crap.....6 yards a rush.

On the bright side their leading rusher is their freakin' fullback, who is more of a blocker than a runner to start with. I think McGahee's back this week though. We should win this game I dont' care what city it's in, their offense shouldn't score more than 13 points tops, and we have to move the ball more than we have been.

Comment

• We should've traded him while we could still get something.

Comment

• There's two questions that I'm going to ask before next week's game.

Is Romeo still the head coach?

Is Derek Anderson still starting?

If the answer to both of those are yes, I'm not going to watch because I'll already know the outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      There's two questions that I'm going to ask before next week's game.

Is Romeo still the head coach?

Is Derek Anderson still starting?

If the answer to both of those are yes, I'm not going to watch because I'll already know the outcome.
                      Seriously?

I'm not calling you out just because you don't like me and we're having and arguement in another thread, and I could be wrong about this, but aren't you the one who was harping on me about jumping all over Romeo and Anderson? and now you're on the same wagon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
                        Seriously?

I'm not calling you out just because you don't like me and we're having and arguement in another thread, and I could be wrong about this, but aren't you the one who was harping on me about jumping all over Romeo and Anderson? and now you're on the same wagon?
                        Maybe you're thinking of someone else? I was sort of undecided, back and forth but I don't remember saying anything strongly for one way or the other.

Comment

• Look at this offense roll...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                            Maybe you're thinking of someone else? I was sort of undecided, back and forth but I don't remember saying anything strongly for one way or the other.

Maybe it was someone else.

Comment

• Romeo Crennel ladies and gentlemen:

Record Against Winning Teams :: 5-15
                              Division Record :: 4-16

Cincinnati W 45-51
                              Cincinnati L 27-13
                              Cincinnati L 23-20
                              Cincinnati L 34-17
                              Cincinnati L 30-0
                              Cincinnati L 19-14

Baltimore W 30-33
                              Baltimore W 13-27
                              Baltimore W 16-20
                              Baltimore L 16-3
                              Baltimore L 27-17
                              Baltimore L 15-14
                              Baltimore L 28-10

Pittsburgh L 34-21
                              Pittsburgh L 41-0
                              Pittsburgh L 24-20
                              Pittsburgh L 27-7
                              Pittsburgh L 34-7
                              Pittsburgh L 31-28
                              Pittsburgh L 10-6

Average points for :: 16.4
                              Average points against :: 26.2

Points Breakdown:
                              Points For(328):
                              Cincinnati 115
                              Baltimore 124
                              Pittsburgh 89

Points Against(524):
                              Baltimore 145
                              Cincinnati 178
                              Pittsburgh 201

He's obvious;y failed in the Division. He obviously can't beat the team the divison runs through. He's clearly most pathetic against Pittsburgh. He can't beat decent teams. The guy was living on the coat tails of Parcels and Belichek for years. He has failed ever time he left their side and this time is no different. He's a joke. He wanted to keep Mo Carthon...obviously the bad decision. He was the one who wanted to start Frye...obviously the bad decision. The opposite of both those decisions is what made us better last year, yet somehow everyone credited Romeo for the good year???? I don't get Cleveland fans at all.

Fire the fat lard of garbage!

Comment

• Well that was a short season. Can't wait till next year when we have Quinn and some new defensive guys to improve our crappy team. I wonder who we'll draft...Maualuga? Wells? Jenkins? V.Davis? I think it'll be a miracle to win more than 5 games this year looking at the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information