Points For(328):
    Cincinnati 115
    Baltimore 124
    Pittsburgh 89

Points Against(524):
    Baltimore 145
    Cincinnati 178
    Pittsburgh 201

He's obvious;y failed in the Division. He obviously can't beat the team the divison runs through. He's clearly most pathetic against Pittsburgh. He can't beat decent teams. The guy was living on the coat tails of Parcels and Belichek for years. He has failed ever time he left their side and this time is no different. He's a joke. He wanted to keep Mo Carthon...obviously the bad decision. He was the one who wanted to start Frye...obviously the bad decision. The opposite of both those decisions is what made us better last year, yet somehow everyone credited Romeo for the good year???? I don't get Cleveland fans at all.

Fire the fat lard of garbage!
    Come on, look at our personal and what he started with. It was garbage, and it takes time, it's not an instant process like you seem to think it is.

He wanted to keep Mo Carthon as we have had some many cordinators in how many years? You can't have a new guy every year. I do agree that wasn't his best, but Chud has his MO moments as well [plus look how good this offense is rolling maaaaaan].

Romeo started Frye, you're right, however, you seem to leave out the fact that Anderson did so bad in training camp and preseason last year, that Frye WON the starting job. Stop being so incredibly ignorant and maybe think before you post something. "He put in Charlie Frye" and so would you if you remember how "well" Anderson was doing then. Anderson came out of nowhere in week 2 against Cincinnati [I fully remember as I was sitting in the DAWG POUND with JSIMMSY21]. Charlie Frye WON the starting QB job, hindsight is great, I'm so impressed you can make correct calls AFTER it's all said and done.

I don't get how "you don't get Cleveland fans" as your like all of them. Fire the headcoach when it's not going right. It's not like it's the team that's doing horrible. Use the coach as a scapegoat for a bad season even though his team is riddled with injuries and his playmakers are doing horrible. Sure he had questionable clock management last week, what did he do wrong this week, play edwards and anderson [>_>]. Let's just fire him, get a new guy who's going to rearrange everything, and then fire him in 2 years when we're sill drafting top 15.

Stability in the coaching staff will work wonders for this team. Wonders won't be seen immediately; Savage, Crennel, and RL all came together on a 5-7 year plan to turn this club around.

Your rep is fitting for your amount of football knowledge. Try thinking before you post.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Defense is crap. Offense has talent, but is terrible. Crennel is a lousy coach...a weak schedule, a good offensive coordinator, healthy players, and some good offensive talent bailed him out last year. This year there are a few injuries, but the defense is as bad as ever and our offense is underperforming by a lot. Crennel sucks against good teams and against division foes. If he doesn't turn it around it is time we got a new coach. Romeo is good for some things, but he is not getting it done in the wins column.

Comment

• As I said previously, I don't think Crennel is a lousy HC but sometimes a scapegoat is needed before a team can continue to progress. Crennel lifted expectations based on Anderson's play last season and just maybe DA isn't going to pan out and we are in for a tough season.
        I think we played over our heads last year and we just aren't as good as we hoped. In this atmosphere, Crennel could be fired as sometimes a teams goes stale for a HC and you need new blood to get the young players back on the right tract.
        Teams always have to offer their fans hope in order to sell tickets and merchandise and a GM like Savage realizes he may have no choice but to replace Crennel even if he doesn't want to. When Crennel took this job he must have known that it would take a good 5 years to make up for the draft picks of the previous management team and he probably knew it would be difficult to survive that long.
        A win next week would probably quiet fans for awhile but a another loss and Crennel may have to be sacrificed for the sake of the franchise even though it won't make us winners next year.
        Remember, Tony Dungy was fired and Gruden got the Super Bowel win for Tampa. It didn't make Dungy a bad HC as he proved by winning his own Super Bowl but a change was probably necessary.
        Heck, we fired BB and look what he's done in NE.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
          As I said previously, I don't think Crennel is a lousy HC but sometimes a scapegoat is needed before a team can continue to progress. Crennel lifted expectations based on Anderson's play last season and just maybe DA isn't going to pan out and we are in for a tough season.
          I think we played over our heads last year and we just aren't as good as we hoped. In this atmosphere, Crennel could be fired as sometimes a teams goes stale for a HC and you need new blood to get the young players back on the right tract.
          Teams always have to offer their fans hope in order to sell tickets and merchandise and a GM like Savage realizes he may have no choice but to replace Crennel even if he doesn't want to. When Crennel took this job he must have known that it would take a good 5 years to make up for the draft picks of the previous management team and he probably knew it would be difficult to survive that long.
          A win next week would probably quiet fans for awhile but a another loss and Crennel may have to be sacrificed for the sake of the franchise even though it won't make us winners next year.
          Remember, Tony Dungy was fired and Gruden got the Super Bowel win for Tampa. It didn't make Dungy a bad HC as he proved by winning his own Super Bowl but a change was probably necessary.
          Heck, we fired BB and look what he's done in NE.
          I so very much thank you for this post.

=]

I think your absolutely right as well.

Comment

• AAARRRGGGHH!!!

here's all my tidbits

-It would be AWESOME if DA would throw the ball to someone OTHER than K2. he forced pass after pass into double and triple coverage just to get him the ball, and nearly killed.

-our DL got no push.

-if Alex Hall can continue progress, we no longer need a OLB next year. he's everywhere.

-this defense if much better than years past. so what you will. but when your defense is on the field the whole ******* game b/c the O goes 3 and out over and over, then has to be on the field for nearly 10 min straight, the D wont look good.

-nice job Eric Wright. **** you!

-McKinney sucks

-Chud is an idiot. i said it. Jamal was running hard and fast. why give up on the run so fast, as is every other time we come from behind. and if your going to pass every play, and your playing the most aggressive defense in the league, why leave Lewis in every play and not put harrison to set up the screen to counter the blitz.

-then again, harrison cant get the ball more if the offense never stays on the field, DA throws more passes towards the defense, and what passes he throws on target are usually to K2. even if he's not open.

-these penalties need to stop, now!

i'll add to this later when i get home from work. i got a bunch more
            When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Hindsite? Frye didn't win anything. Romeo Crennel flipped a freaking coin because he doesn't have the backbone to make a decision.

His play makers aren't making plays because the head coach doesn't hold anyone accountable for their mistakes. The false starts ect. are a lack of disipline and a reflection of bad coaching.

Quit backing the fat man. He's a failure every where he's been without Belichek and Parcels and this time is no different. He's a players coach, not a leader.
              Last edited by Cribbs>Hester; 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Crennel didn't flip a coin to decide who would start the season.. he did that in preseason and they both got the same amount of playing time. Frye won the job to start the season. No coin flip.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                  Crennel didn't flip a coin to decide who would start the season.. he did that in preseason and they both got the same amount of playing time. Frye won the job to start the season. No coin flip.
                  LOL,

Cribbs>Hester, still waiting for you to think before you post...Have you considered trying it yet instead of trolling the boards?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                    AAARRRGGGHH!!!

here's all my tidbits

-It would be AWESOME if DA would throw the ball to someone OTHER than K2. he forced pass after pass into double and triple coverage just to get him the ball, and nearly killed.

-our DL got no push.

-if Alex Hall can continue progress, we no longer need a OLB next year. he's everywhere.

-this defense if much better than years past. so what you will. but when your defense is on the field the whole ******* game b/c the O goes 3 and out over and over, then has to be on the field for nearly 10 min straight, the D wont look good.

-nice job Eric Wright. **** you!

-McKinney sucks

-Chud is an idiot. i said it. Jamal was running hard and fast. why give up on the run so fast, as is every other time we come from behind. and if your going to pass every play, and your playing the most aggressive defense in the league, why leave Lewis in every play and not put harrison to set up the screen to counter the blitz.

-then again, harrison cant get the ball more if the offense never stays on the field, DA throws more passes towards the defense, and what passes he throws on target are usually to K2. even if he's not open.

-these penalties need to stop, now!

i'll add to this later when i get home from work. i got a bunch more
                    just adding to my mornings post...

-if wimbley continues to be invisible, OLB becomes a need again. he doesn't even have a TFL yet.

-i dont think Crennel did to much wrong in this game. Tucker is learning on the fly, i love how he puts the safeties in the box more. it would be more effective with a run stopping sean jones. Chud must hate harrison and jamal. he immediately gave up on the run starting the second half. you dont win games that way, unless your name is greise.

-Quinn is gettin more reps in practice this week.

-i'm very close to joining the Quinn chants after watchin so many passes get batted down. seriously, one play, the rat birds blitzed three. THREE!. and the pass was batted.

-i dont even know what else to say. i hated watching that game.
                    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Get real guys. You know just as well as I do if Derek Anderson won that coin toss he would have been the opening day starter as well simply because Romeo Crennel doesn't have the backbone to make changes.

Quit backing this overweight, fat, lazy, no heart and pathetic excuse of a leader. Cleveland will never win a championship in 1000 years with this lard at the helm.

Isn't he the oldest headcoach in the league anyway? Not that it has anything to do with it, but with his weight and age at least we can always hope for a medical problem where he has to take a leave to get it treated.

Comment

• Romeo Crennel once again proved why he is such a worthless tool. Althought I agree with the decision to start Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn this week the way Romeo refuses to give any reason as to why is pathetic because he simply doesn't ever have a reason. He can't make decisions. He's a worthless brain dead bafoon who is just a tool. A panel of Browns front office made this decision because Romeo doesn't know how, so it's time that front office stepped up and replaced the man with a real head coach that has balls and brains unlike this fat gutless chump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
                          Romeo Crennel once again proved why he is such a worthless tool. Althought I agree with the decision to start Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn this week the way Romeo refuses to give any reason as to why is pathetic because he simply doesn't ever have a reason. He can't make decisions. He's a worthless brain dead bafoon who is just a tool. A panel of Browns front office made this decision because Romeo doesn't know how, so it's time that front office stepped up and replaced the man with a real head coach that has balls and brains unlike this fat gutless chump.

You know if you could get off your ridiculous assessment of our coaches, people might actually take you seriously.
                          You haven't a clue about how our front office works or how good/bad a HC Crennel is. You don't win 10 games in the NFL if you cannot coach and with our defensive personnel, 10 wins was a real surprise to me and indicates that Crennel gets the most out of our personnel.
                          Your clamoring for miracles all the time is just stupid. We are not a complete football team as our defense certainly isn't complete and our schedule is brutal this season and so far a number of players are not having good seasons and we have minimal depth to replace starters who are injured. Sure Crennel may have to go if he cannot turn the team around and start winning a few games but he is a far cry from your ridiculous description. Your not reaching anybody when you cannot get beyond calling people names instead of critiquing their bad decisions.
                          I can tell that you have never coached in any type of league because otherwise you'd know that sometimes you have to stick with a player through hard times so when he comes out of it, he will be a lot tougher the next time something goes badly. That's how you build a player's confidence, if you just yank players every time they play badly, they will never develop into solid starters who have confidence in how they play. But you wouldn't understand that since you obviously think your right about everything.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Most out of his players? That is such hog wash. There is more talent on this team than they have shown for the last 4 years, yes even last year winning 10 games. A legit coach would have won more with that pathetic schedule. We have guys who can play that are not even seeing enough reps because he has his favorites.

His idea's are about a joke too. He says he's not blitzing to protect his young corners? Are you kidding me. The best protection they could ever have is a blitz. He's so worried about them getting beat deep he just lets them get destroyed underneath for 5-12 yards everytime.

He sounds like someone who rides the short bus anytime a reporter has an intellegent question. He gets all flusters and says well ya see then his fat lips mumble all over each other and he can never come up with a legit answer. He answers with a lower level of intellegence than the few local high school coaches I get to interview.

My view on Romeo Crennel has nothing to do with why people don't take me seriously. I talk plenty of football with plenty of football guys who know more about the sport than anyone on this board will ever know. People on this board don't take me seriously because I use this board as a place to vent. Ever dumb play, play call, transaction, interview, and anything else that annoys me about the Browns I get it out here. I can't do it where I work because its unprofessional, and although I'm sure some of the people I would with would get a kick out of it I would lose credibility. I can't take it out by yelling at the television like a lot of fans do because I have 2 little kids who are going to hear me. I have to do the mature thing there so they don't think its the right thing to do, and I leave the immature thing(ranting about it) for here where I don't care what anyone thinks. Everyone is intitled to some form of uncensored, no guidelines, get it all out venting and this message board is my place. Heck take out my name calling and cursing and you have Bruce Drennen who has a much better job than me and I'm sure off the air he's done his share of cusing and name calling.

Comment

• good ole bruce drennen. He's not in jail anymore is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                good ole bruce drennen. He's not in jail anymore is he?
                                Obviously not being that he has his own sports talk show. I don't know if you're trying to say anything because you seem pretty nice compared to that other guy, but not paying taxes and venting on a message board really don't go hand in hand. I'm pretty sure I'm safe with the law.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information