Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
    Good set of linebackers = another outside rush guy? Andra Davis, Leon, D'Qwell isn't amazing but it's good. Then Kamerion is good and Alex...is a 7th round pick playing well but I wouldn't bank on him becoming a mainstay.
    outside rushers in a 3-4 cant do anything if the NT and MLB's don't get a push, and right now only Rogers is doing anything. Jackson knows where the play is going, but he cannot get off blockers. Davis is slow. Williams is the most aggressive and the best at getting of blockers. good in coverage, but inconsistent.

i honestly think williams will be the best as he gains more experience. jackson just doesnt fit our system. and davis....well...we all know. he's good spot duty, but shouldn't be a starter.

its really hard to gage wimbley. his outside move really does work, almost every time. but 2 things have to happen.
    (1) the secondary needs to cover better, longer.
    (2) there needs to be more push in the middle.
    Hall is promising. thats all. but he's shown a good burst, outside and bull rush move. especially for someone being as "lanky" as he is. should only get better with experience and 10-15 lbs. muscle.

we sorely need a ray lewis/james farrior type player. this upcoming draft thus far my draft board so far goes
    1.Rey Mauluga
    2.Tyson Jackson
    3. Benie Wells

that is not considering what number draft pick and who all might declare.
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
      Good set of linebackers = another outside rush guy? Andra Davis, Leon, D'Qwell isn't amazing but it's good. Then Kamerion is good and Alex...is a 7th round pick playing well but I wouldn't bank on him becoming a mainstay.
      good set of LBs = two good ILBs and 2 good OLBs. Hall/Wimbley should be the weakside tandem not the starting left and right outside linebackers. No pass rush. We should have Wimbley on one side and a guy who can get 10 sacks on the other and Hall as the backup. Beau Bell might be one of the answers at ILB, but we need a difference maker and someone who can blitz up the middle at the other spot. Our defense would be pretty good if we had Dallas' linebackers.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        good set of LBs = two good ILBs and 2 good OLBs. Hall/Wimbley should be the weakside tandem not the starting left and right outside linebackers. No pass rush. We should have Wimbley on one side and a guy who can get 10 sacks on the other and Hall as the backup. Beau Bell might be one of the answers at ILB, but we need a difference maker and someone who can blitz up the middle at the other spot. Our defense would be pretty good if we had Dallas' linebackers.
        When do Beau Bell and Martin Rucker get back from their injuries?

Comment

• I think they're practicing now, they should be back sometime soon. The missed time will hurt more than anything, it doesn't seem like they'll be a big part of the offense/defense until towards the end of the season at least. I wish we'd at least get Bell in there on defense asap, we need to see what he can do right now for next year's evaluations of the roster.

Comment

• browns monday night game next. I am so excited.

Comment

• I think people need to start looking at HOW DA completes his passes, starting last season. Most of the times he makes a borderline terrible throw and Edwards or Winslow bail him out with a circus catch. The sheer amount of circus catches these two have put up last season is beyond imagination. One could have seen already last season, that he isn't the "real deal".....
              The kid has an awesome arm and throws frozen ropes over 35 or more yards. The thing he lacks is accuracy and it begins to show, now that the receiving corps is depleted. Guys like steptoe will not draw any coverages, because defenses know that he won't come down with one of DAs throws that only elite receivers can catch.....

He is a good QB and i always love Big Armed QBs, but one has to question if DAs accuracy is on the NFL level......

Comment

• Originally posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
                I think people need to start looking at HOW DA completes his passes, starting last season. Most of the times he makes a borderline terrible throw and Edwards or Winslow bail him out with a circus catch. The sheer amount of circus catches these two have put up last season is beyond imagination. One could have seen already last season, that he isn't the "real deal".....
                The kid has an awesome arm and throws frozen ropes over 35 or more yards. The thing he lacks is accuracy and it begins to show, now that the receiving corps is depleted. Guys like steptoe will not draw any coverages, because defenses know that he won't come down with one of DAs throws that only elite receivers can catch.....

He is a good QB and i always love Big Armed QBs, but one has to question if DAs accuracy is on the NFL level......
                i've been saying that about DA's accuracy for some time now. but i was on the optimistic end of it untill recently. my beleif before about DA's poor second half of last year was that D's started to focus on him, and that was reason the JLew exploded in the later part of the season.
                When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• If DA plays like garbage on national tv monday during the 1st half, do you guys think Romeo has the balls to throw in Brady to start the 3rd?

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

Comment

• heck yes, he almost did it two weeks ago after DA looked awful against Cincinnati. DA is on thin ice right now, our offense is last in the league.

Comment

• Great to see everyone picking on DA. Face it the whole offense has under performed this year. I think the early success last year went to their heads and they weren't ready mentally or physically when the season started.
                      I think the team is disappointed in what they have seen of Quinn in practice and if DA fails, we could be looking for a starting QB all over again and face it, they aren't usually productive for about 3 or 4 years. So if DA is indeed over the hill, we could be looking at another 3 or 4 years to get back to 10 wins.
                      We should all be praying that DA returns to form or we could be practically back to square one as a team Not a pretty picture IMO.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Are your butts lubed and ready for tonight? Mines all ready to go and I'll assume the position just before kickoff.

As ugly as things got against the most overrated team in the NFL(Dallas) how ugly to things get tonight on prime time in front of the whole country?

Heres to next year:

Sign:
                        Igor Olshansky DE
                        Lance Moore WR

Draft:
                        1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB Texas
                        2. Charles Scott RB LSU
                        *trade up*3. Xavier Fulton OT Illinois
                        6. Clay Matthews ULB USC

Brady Quinn provides better QB play
                        Scott and Harrison keep Lewis fresh
                        Stallworth healthy
                        Moore is better than Steptoe
                        Rucker ready to contribute
                        Hadnot moves back to Center
                        Tucker move back into the starting RG spot
                        Kevin Shaffer stays at RT while Fulton develops a year or two.
                        =better running attack & air attack = better offense = keeps out UNDERRATED defense off the field more

Igor Olshansky replaced Robaire(Achilles+Age+320=Slim change to be back)
                        Shaun Rogers do what Shaun Rogers do
                        Corey Smith a year under his belt in the 34
                        Wimbley, Hall and Rak much younger fresh and athletic legs and improve pass rush greatly
                        Bell will finally contribue and Jackson, Williams have played well minus some coverage flaws
                        Wright, Pool, Jones, McDonald are all playing well considering out pathetic pass rush and poor coaching(15 yard cushions)

All of this adds up to one thing...Playoffs

Comment

• How many picks do you guys have in this draft?

All but your 3rd rounder?

I'm looking at the browns and honestly you have a good team.. atleast the structure of a good team..

And I might make some suggestions. If you're interested.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• can't remember exactly but I know we traded the third and at least another 2nd day pick (5th rounder if i'm not mistaken). We have a 1st and 2nd though and that's what's important (especially considering our 3rd round recent draft history).

Comment

• IAC, are you a Lions fan or a browns fan? im confused?

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                                IAC, are you a Lions fan or a browns fan? im confused?
                                He's a fan of several teams, based on the places he lived in.

^^^short version.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information