No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you guys like the way quinn was playing, I was a huge fan of him in college. I really liked him in the bit of the game i saw. But I am biased of course.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Quinn looked great. I've never seen a Browns or Buckeyes QB in my lifetime of watching football throw better short passes. I like how he made things happen when there was nothing there - big difference between he and Anderson other than the whole accuracy thing.

Comment

• Is there any reason you guys are still starting McDonald?? He has looked pathetic to say the least.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• he's looked really good at times too. We would be better off putting him at nickel. I think he'd be a very above average nickelback. You need three good corners in today's NFL anymore, and we only have 2 good enough to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            he's looked really good at times too. We would be better off putting him at nickel. I think he'd be a very above average nickelback. You need three good corners in today's NFL anymore, and we only have 2 good enough to start.
            That's what I'm thinking as well.

As of right now, I am all for Jenkins, i think we need LBers but we need McDonald to be a nickel and Jenkins may be the best corner to come out in [insert number] years. I am more excited about the offseason then the rest of the regular season. How sad.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• we will probably be picking in the sweet spot of the first round for getting linebackers, runningbacks, or cornerbacks too. If you need a tackle, quarterback, or elite WR usually that's top 5 or top 10. We'll be somewhere between 8th and 14th probably and that's where great linebackers get picked.

Comment

• I still believe it has to be an OLB who can rush the passer. A CB would be #2 but I wouldn't touch Jenkins unless it was in the 11 to 14 range.
                I don't think we can exclude RB either. Lewis is slowing up noticably and could be useless next year. A MLB like Maualuga wouldn't hurt.

1) OLB - need a pass rusher
                2) RB - cannot afford to let Lewis age without a replacement in hand
                3) CB - cannot fix everything at once and effective RB's are easier to find in round 2
                4) WR - just not as important as the other 3 positions
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

• yeah, I'd add to that probably an enforcer at ILB too. Secondary concerns might be a long term future replacement at right guard and center as well as DE, but there isn't any hurry to find those this offseason at all really.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    yeah, I'd add to that probably an enforcer at ILB too. Secondary concerns might be a long term future replacement at right guard and center as well as DE, but there isn't any hurry to find those this offseason at all really.
                    I agree, we need a really tough guy in the middle but a pass rusher must come 1st.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• http://cowher09.com/index.html

sign it!!!!!!
                      When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• =[

new coach means new staff.

new staff means new playbooks.

=[

Romeo isn't the problem man. It's the team. The last thing I can say that Romeo has done that was like WTF?! was the Pittsburgh game.

It's like our HS basketball team. We were bad but it wasn't Costello's fault. It was the team's fault. Costello was just the scapegoat.

We all know Romeo came in this with nothing and there's still a lot of question marks on this team still. We aren't in a place where we can be considered a favorite.

We have a QB with 1 full game under his belt currently, a RB that has a lot of tread on tire who is doing much worse than advertised [remember TC and preseason when they said Jamal was in the best shape of his life] it's not really working for him. Braylon can't catch a cold, Stallworth stepped on a crack and broke his back before every game, JJ is on his 7th knee surgery, Steptoe [seriously?]. Winslow has been more of a distraction than anything else. We've had injuries and shuffling along the O-Line and it's not been as consistent as we would want it to be.

Defensively, our D-Line seems to be doing much much better. Rogers is definitely a beast and I love how many knock downs Williams gets. We just need another presence somewhere in LB that can get after the QB. Wimbley was suppose to be that double digit sack machine, now it looks like we should've grabbed Ngata instead. Secondary we have 2 young and raw corners who have been playing above what anyone really thought they would. Jones imo has been the let down. It was Jones who wasn't lined up properly against that 90something yard 1 play TD against Denver.

The season seriously isn't because of Romeo. It's that we over performed last season and were marketed something that didn't go as planned.

Look at all the holes we've mentioned, RB, WR, DL depth, OLB [sack machine], OLB [stout run stopper for strong side], ILB [the enforcer type], a starting CB [move McDonald to nickel], etc...

That's way to many holes for a team to be competitive. It's not all on Romeo. There's only so much he can do. Against Pitt I agree he had some questionable calls [I even tried defending him] but this season isn't because of him.

You don't come into a team that has x amount of original players [btw, most of them seem to be on special teams] and can win at this level of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
                          =[

new coach means new staff.

new staff means new playbooks.

=[

Romeo isn't the problem man. It's the team. The last thing I can say that Romeo has done that was like WTF?! was the Pittsburgh game.

It's like our HS basketball team. We were bad but it wasn't Costello's fault. It was the team's fault. Costello was just the scapegoat.

We all know Romeo came in this with nothing and there's still a lot of question marks on this team still. We aren't in a place where we can be considered a favorite.

We have a QB with 1 full game under his belt currently, a RB that has a lot of tread on tire who is doing much worse than advertised [remember TC and preseason when they said Jamal was in the best shape of his life] it's not really working for him. Braylon can't catch a cold, Stallworth stepped on a crack and broke his back before every game, JJ is on his 7th knee surgery, Steptoe [seriously?]. Winslow has been more of a distraction than anything else. We've had injuries and shuffling along the O-Line and it's not been as consistent as we would want it to be.

Defensively, our D-Line seems to be doing much much better. Rogers is definitely a beast and I love how many knock downs Williams gets. We just need another presence somewhere in LB that can get after the QB. Wimbley was suppose to be that double digit sack machine, now it looks like we should've grabbed Ngata instead. Secondary we have 2 young and raw corners who have been playing above what anyone really thought they would. Jones imo has been the let down. It was Jones who wasn't lined up properly against that 90something yard 1 play TD against Denver.

The season seriously isn't because of Romeo. It's that we over performed last season and were marketed something that didn't go as planned.

Look at all the holes we've mentioned, RB, WR, DL depth, OLB [sack machine], OLB [stout run stopper for strong side], ILB [the enforcer type], a starting CB [move McDonald to nickel], etc...

That's way to many holes for a team to be competitive. It's not all on Romeo. There's only so much he can do. Against Pitt I agree he had some questionable calls [I even tried defending him] but this season isn't because of him.

You don't come into a team that has x amount of original players [btw, most of them seem to be on special teams] and can win at this level of play.

I agree 1000%. We are still a draft or 2 away from having a real shot at the SB.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Every week we get outcoached, I'm tired of it. It's not all Romeo's fault we are bad but he's part of the problem. Bring in a new coach, a motivator who knows Xs and Os and can be a hard ass on guys like Braylon and Winslow. No more fluff, all the good coaches aren't player's coaches, they're guys like Parcells, Bellicheck, Coughlin, etc. Even if we brought in a no good coach was exactly the same as Crennel but had a clue how to do clock management we'd be better off.

Comment

• I want an enforcer at MLB more and more every game I watch.

7 guys around Lynch and he scores a TD.

How about Davis and Williams missing tackles within the 2 min warning allowing Buffalo to move further and further down the field.

I am impressed with Brady Quinn's thus far.

Comment

• I'm not a Browns fan, but everytime I see Jerome Harrison I'm impressed. Why doesn't he get more touches?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information