Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    I'm not a Browns fan, but everytime I see Jerome Harrison I'm impressed. Why doesn't he get more touches?
    He can't pick up the blitz or block to save his life. He's a better runner then Wright is, but Wright does all the little things you need when your RB doesn't get the carry.

EDIT:

Love the win, maybe this will quite you Romeo haters. How about that Romeo clock management...

Also, not Quinn's best to finish out that last drive, but so far, I'm impressed with what he's shown. Definitely a good decision to make the switch.
    Last edited by j05son; 11-17-2008, 11:58 PM. Reason: preventing a double post.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• What I really like is that Brady Quinn hasn't turned it over yet (Even though he was quite close twice tonight.)

Comment

• clock management was lousy, we left them nearly 2 minutes to get a field goal, we should've run it once so our FG wasn't 56 yards and so there was only about minute left instead of 2. THat was almost the washington game all over for a second. The squib kick gave them the ball near midfield so after that one pass it was basically a win for Buffalo. Crennel got really lucky that Lindell missed a manageable field goal to save his butt. We won in spite of his mistakes, no doubt about that.

I love how everyone all week in Brownsland was crying for more Harrison, and while we didn't really get much more Jerome than usual, we got a few huge plays from him. I'd like to see him get 10 touches a game - he's not an everydown guy and he won't do much between the tackles, but he can get some yards in a hurry.

Quinn's stats weren't good, but he looked pretty good out there against a tough D on a cold, windy night. Let's beat Houston at home and get closer to .500.

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
          I want an enforcer at MLB more and more every game I watch.

7 guys around Lynch and he scores a TD.

How about Davis and Williams missing tackles within the 2 min warning allowing Buffalo to move further and further down the field.

I am impressed with Brady Quinn's thus far.
          same here. my stomach twists in knots every time i see Dra hit the wrong hole and make no effort to backtrack. i really thought this would have been Williams year, but he's regressed. Big time.

i was almost on the Orakpo bandwagon for a while, and liking jasper brinkley in like the 3rd or 4th, but i'm all over Maualuga again.

Quinn did OK, at best. he was very poised in the pocket despite Buffalo bringing the house that many times. he actually avoided a few sacks by moving around, something we're not used to seeing. his throws outside the numbers were terrible. And there's that little problem with Beasy dropping everything. that doesn't help at all. but overall for a night as cold as it was, he did ok.

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          I'm not a Browns fan, but everytime I see Jerome Harrison I'm impressed. Why doesn't he get more touches?
          I'm still wondering why he isn't starting. or at least getting as many carries as Lewis. Harrison had 80 yards to three carries. Even if you take away the 72 yarder, thats a four YPC average. Which is better than Lewis.

Originally posted by j05son View Post
          He can't pick up the blitz or block to save his life. He's a better runner then Wright is, but Wright does all the little things you need when your RB doesn't get the carry.

EDIT:

Love the win, maybe this will quite you Romeo haters. How about that Romeo clock management...

Also, not Quinn's best to finish out that last drive, but so far, I'm impressed with what he's shown. Definitely a good decision to make the switch.
          thats what Wright is for, but last night he did a pretty lousy job of blocking. i don't understand why we never once ran a screen pass! they blitz, we beat it. isn't that common football knowledge??

I'm still a Romeo hater. Keylime is right, our last drive for the 56 yarder shouldn't have played out like that. Buffalo only had one time out. even if we didn't get the first, it would have taken a lot of extra time off the clock.

Keylime- we had to kick that last squib. they were killing us on returns all night. if they returned that kick, it would have been game over.

side note i'm bring up the Cowher moving to Cleveland rumor again. i was talking to one of my friends the other day. Well her parents, whom live in Strongsville, informed her that Cowher was looking at buying a house two houses down from them. as of now there was no sale. Food for thought, take it for what its worth.
          When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• when you're up by only three with nearly 2 minutes left you give it to them near their own 45 you must be crazy. If you don't think your coverage team can stop them from moving it up near the 40 yard line you might as well kick it Out of bounds. They would have been better off kicking it deep and taking their chances, too much time on the clock and they only were moving the ball with their runningbacks. One pass they were in FG range. We are extremely lucky to be 4-6 and not 3-7 after that.

Comment

• I was pretty much taken back by the ineptness of that back 7 to tackle the ballcarrier, on a couple of plays they looked like they couldnt bring the QB down. I think they need linebackers that can tackle (obviously). I would look at Curry, Spikes, Rey Rey and Laurinaitis. I don't think you want someone that makes a top 10 plays on ESPN rather someone that can make a dozen tackles a game, cover and occasionally get to the QB. Let the experts figure who that would be.

Comment

• Depressing thought: if we didn't blow those two double digit fourth quarter leads to Baltimore and Denver then we are 6-4 right now and would be currently sitting in a wildcard spot. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  when you're up by only three with nearly 2 minutes left you give it to them near their own 45 you must be crazy. If you don't think your coverage team can stop them from moving it up near the 40 yard line you might as well kick it Out of bounds. They would have been better off kicking it deep and taking their chances, too much time on the clock and they only were moving the ball with their runningbacks. One pass they were in FG range. We are extremely lucky to be 4-6 and not 3-7 after that.
                  I love second guessers. I would just love to see what you would have said if Crennel had the kicker, kick it deep and McKelvin returned it for a TD or a where a cheap FG would win the game. I can just imagine.
                  The simple fact is that Braylon Edwards has killed us this season. NFL Network ran a showcase of all his dropped balls this season, 2 of which would have beaten both Dallas and Pittsburgh otherwise we are easily 6-4 and probably leading the Division.
                  It also hasn't helped that age is definitely catching up to Lewis.
                  You might as well face it. Crennel is going to be our HC next year. So live with it.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    I love second guessers. I would just love to see what you would have said if Crennel had the kicker, kick it deep and McKelvin returned it for a TD or a where a cheap FG would win the game. I can just imagine.
                    The simple fact is that Braylon Edwards has killed us this season. NFL Network ran a showcase of all his dropped balls this season, 2 of which would have beaten both Dallas and Pittsburgh otherwise we are easily 6-4 and probably leading the Division.
                    You might as well face it. Crennel is going to be our HC next year. So live with it.
                    This man knows....

Should've, would've, could've. A win is a win. The loses aren't because of one man [Romeo] but on multiple people that makeup the team....Some of you are expecting to much and really, firing Romeo is only going to delay that process even more...

Comment

Depressing thought: if we didn't blow those two double digit fourth quarter leads to Baltimore and Denver then we are 6-4 right now and would be currently sitting in a wildcard spot. :(
                      You are what you are...no excuses. We could just as easily be 1-9 as we could be 8-2. We haven't been blown out in a lot of our losses, but we haven't exactly been world beaters in our wins either. We are no better than a 4-6 team and we are no worse than a 4-6 team.

So who is down for firing Romeo Crennel and switching to the 43 defense? I'll be honest I wasn't down for a big change like that since we've put so much into it already and constant change is never good, but I think I've had enough of the 34 defense after 58 straight pathetic showings. Its time we go back to the 43 defense and bring in some real coaches.

Phil Savage can stay he's done great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        before the kick i was saying, "kick it deep", you gotta take the chance with that slim of a lead and that amount of time left. I've never seen a team squib kick it with a 2 point lead and nearly 2 minutes left. Kick it to the upback who is lined up on the 20 maybe, but don't squib it up the middle. And I wouldn't be too sure that Crennel will be back next year if we win the 6 games it looks like we will. There've been a lot of bad things this year, and coaching is part of the problem.

Comment

• Don't ask how, but I do get WTAM 1100 AM in south carolina, and I heard that Quinn broke a finger on his throwing hand. I think he's gonna play Sunday, but anyone in Ohio know if this is legit?

EDIT: aha! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...to-play-Sunday

Comment

Don't ask how, but I do get WTAM 1100 AM in south carolina, and I heard that Quinn broke a finger on his throwing hand. I think he's gonna play Sunday, but anyone in Ohio know if this is legit?

EDIT: aha! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...to-play-Sunday
                            Its legit, however, Romeo said he will play and no we will not see Derek Anderson.

On a side note. Donte Stallworth would have already declared himself unable to go if he had this same injury. Anyone else down for cutting him and his constantly sore vagina?

Comment

• Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
                              Its legit, however, Romeo said he will play and no we will not see Derek Anderson.

On a side note. Donte Stallworth would have already declared himself unable to go if he had this same injury. Anyone else down for cutting him and his constantly sore vagina?
                              he'll be cut. It's almost certain. i posted this a while back ago...

i got an update on Stallworth's contract according to the OBR.

while most of you, including myself, were pretty confused at the 10 mil guaranteed money we through at him. While technically a seven-year, $35 million deal, the contract could better be described as a one-year, $5.655 million deal, with a club option for six more years.

Stallworth was given a $4.5 million signing bonus and has a base salary of $605,000 in 2008, of which $500,000 is guaranteed. Stallworth also will receive a $50,000 workout bonus this year and $500,000 of his $745,000 base salary in 2009 is guaranteed.

However, in March of 2009, Stallworth is due a roster bonus of $4.875 million and scheduled to carry a cap number just north of $6.4 million in the second year of the deal. Unless Stallworth has an amazing year he probably wont ever see that money.

Should Stallworth make it past the first year of the deal, he has scheduled roster bonuses of $1.5 million in 2010, and $500,000 in each of the last four years of the deal.

What this means is, the remaining guaranteed money that isnt paid in the first year of the contract will be dividing evenly and counted against our cap for the following six years.
                              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Brady Quinn out for the year.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27259

Being discussed in NFL subforum. Feel free to continue discussion there or in this one [Cleveland Browns Discussion], new topics about it will be locked and deleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information