No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you guys say is the ideal size for a 3-4 NT? Maybe 6-4, 310??
    Also, What happened to the NT we drafted from Stanford last year? Babatunde Oshinowo, I believe?

Comment

• What would you guys say is the ideal size for a 3-4 NT? Maybe 6-4, 310??
      Also, What happened to the NT we drafted from Stanford last year? Babatunde Oshinowo, I believe?
      Ideal size is about 6'2 330

Oshinowu was more of a DE, and didnt get any playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1
        What would you guys say is the ideal size for a 3-4 NT? Maybe 6-4, 310??
        Ideal size for a NT is around 6'1"-6'2", around 325-330lbs. It isn't impossible for a bigger guy to play NT but they want strong run defenders with a very low centre of gravity who is very tough to move. the taller the player, generally the easier to block him. Hampton of Pittsburgh is the prototype for the position 6'1", 325lbs.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• The only person who really fits that prototypical size in the draft (according to Scott's stats) would be Doughty.

Branch is 6-6 and Tank Tyler barely weighs 300 but he could probably add on about 20.

Comment

• According to Cleveland.com, Bentley is out for 2007, will need another surgery on that knee for the same injury, and his career is in jeopardy. His agent guarantees he will play again at a pro bowl level, but what is he supposed to say?

I didnt expect him to play this year honestly, and our draft strategy must proceed such that he is not even on our team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Whashington is regarded as one of the best (if not the best) NT in NFL history and in his prime he was 6'5 345-55.

The best today is Jamal Williams and he is 6'3 345

Then you have Hampton at 6'1 320 and Wilfork at 6'2 325.

Ideal size is arbitruary, weight is probably most important when looking at size. Absolutely most important though is how well the player uses leverage, and whether or not he has a strong base.

As gaay as it may sound, rather than size, look for big butts, thick legs, and long arms. That's general, and of course not always accurate, but it is better than just looking purely at size.

Personally, i think i deal size would be 6'2-6'4 330+, but there are so many factors, that size really isn't as important as some make it to be.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• IMO, tank tyler is the next teddy. he's big and he has the form to put on lots of weight. and he doenst have great stamina.

Oshinowa(i'm not even checking how you spell his name) has a good size. he also did very good inthe preseason this past year. i considered him our late rnd gem last year. watch for him if we dont address our NT spot this year. he may be in competition for the starting job for the 08 season. hopefully by then the talent gap on this team will be not so far in between and we can focus on 1 or 2 posistions instead of 5 or 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by jriles0522
                  According to Cleveland.com, Bentley is out for 2007, will need another surgery on that knee for the same injury, and his career is in jeopardy. His agent guarantees he will play again at a pro bowl level, but what is he supposed to say?

I didnt expect him to play this year honestly, and our draft strategy must proceed such that he is not even on our team.
                  My friend's dad just died from a staph infection in his sleep. We probably can't even expect him back til '09, bbut it's very realistic that his career is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21
                    IMO, tank tyler is the next teddy. he's big and he has the form to put on lots of weight. and he doenst have great stamina.

Oshinowa(i'm not even checking how you spell his name) has a good size. he also did very good inthe preseason this past year. i considered him our late rnd gem last year. watch for him if we dont address our NT spot this year. he may be in competition for the starting job for the 08 season. hopefully by then the talent gap on this team will be not so far in between and we can focus on 1 or 2 posistions instead of 5 or 6.
                    Alright, this is going to sound ******** because I've seen it posted so much, but what does IMO stand for?

Yeah, It'll be nice when we don't need help everywhere but kick returner and tight end.

Comment

• IMO = in my opinion

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• The Staph infection definatly wont end his career. I have a buddy thats had 2 staff infections playing division 2 football within the last 3 years.

he also did very good inthe preseason this past year.
                        That was refering to Babatuno Oshinowu, if he was that good we wouldnt have released him, then later signed him to a practice squad after he cleared waivers. Hes not big enough to be a 3-4 NT, hes strong enough, but not massive enough. I think he weighted 310 out of college.

Oshinowu isnt near 325.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMontainya
                          The Staph infection definatly wont end his career. I have a buddy thats had 2 staff infections playing division 2 football within the last 3 years.

he also did very good inthe preseason this past year.
                          That was refering to Babatuno Oshinowu, if he was that good we wouldnt have released him, then later signed him to a practice squad after he cleared waivers. Hes not big enough to be a 3-4 NT, hes strong enough, but not massive enough. I think he weighted 310 out of college.

Oshinowu isnt near 325.
                          i'm not saying that he WILL be a starter. and 310 isnt far from 325. he has the so called "perfect" size for a NT, plus a few lbs. and i'm sure they are working with him to gain some weight. plus, just b/c he was cut to the practice squad doesnt mean he wont be good.i also dont think he played every preseason game, or was limited in his game. and he wasnt on the practice squad very long, mabye 4 or 5 weeks i beleive. remember travis wilson didnt play almost the whole year, and while he was listed on the roster, he practiced most of the year with the practice squad. crennel doesnt like to start rookies.

i'm just pointing out that he MAY turn into starting caliber. he gives us good depth at the position. besides, Savage doesnt waste draft picks. :D

Comment

• i'm not saying that he WILL be a starter. and 310 isnt far from 325. he has the so called "perfect" size for a NT, plus a few lbs.
                            310 is pretty far away from 325. And hes nowhere near perfect size for a NT. i remember Laroiy Glover played NT for the Cowboys and despite having everything it took to play the position he failed miserably.

Comment

• Bentley won't be out for sure for the 2007 season. If he gets surgery then he'll be out for 2007. They said it was likely that he will get his third surgery. I say it's 75% chance he's out for 2007.

"Later this week, the team's headquarters will be vacated so a special antiseptic spray can be applied to help combat staph, a highly contagious virus."- Thank you!

Comment

• I like Charlie Frye now guys! I played 6 seasons in madden 2007 and hes up to a 95 overall rating. His arm power is still at 88 though. i dont do training camp.

IMO best case scenario, Charlie Frye will be a Chad Pennington type.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information