No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big question on my mind is if we'll be sticking with the 3-4 or switching to the 4-3. Personally I'm nervous about switching, since we've switched our defense up with linemen more oriented to the 3-4 and would have to make some major personel changes on defense if we do switch.

One scenerio of bringing in Pioli as GM and McDaniels from New England, which would possibly keep Romeo (and continuity) to our defense. If we do stick with the 3-4 in this case, I think Aaron Curry should be our top draft pick... he'd be ideal.
    Originally posted by Joe Wille Namath
    I wanna kiss you!

Comment

• Yes, if we stay with the 3-4 Curry needs to be the pick or at least very near the top of the board. If we go to a 4-3 then I think DE becomes a bigger need than linebacker (if it isn't already).

Comment

• We'll probably stick with a 3-4. Honestly I think it will be Beanie or Malcolm as much as I think it will be Curry. We need a RB maybe more than anything on the team and we need a CB as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelersTown View Post
          We'll probably stick with a 3-4. Honestly I think it will be Beanie or Malcolm as much as I think it will be Curry. We need a RB maybe more than anything on the team and we need a CB as well.
          When I first saw SteelersTown posted in this thread I was thinking, "oh no a Steelers fan posted in the thread, what stupid thing did he say?" Then I saw all the "we" stuff and I got confused, then I realized that you just lost a bet.

Comment

We'll probably stick with a 3-4. Honestly I think it will be Beanie or Malcolm as much as I think it will be Curry. We need a RB maybe more than anything on the team and we need a CB as well.
            What was the bet BT. Also, when do you go back to normal =`[

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
              What was the bet BT. Also, when do you go back to normal =`[
              Bet was Browns would sweep the Steelers or Steelers would sweep the Browns. Sig stays on until the superbowl, name goes back after this week.

:(

Sad part is, against the backups we probably would have won if Quinn or Anderson was in. We just had no offense.

Comment

Sad part is, against the backups we probably would have won if Quinn or Anderson was in. We just had no offense.
                If the game was closer then I might believe that but it was 31-0.

Comment

• Easier schedule than last year.

Home:

Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings.

Away:

Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions.

Outside of our normal division, we play the AFC West and NFC North as well as the Bills and Jags based on where we finished this past season.

source: www.ClevelandBrowns.com

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3

Comment

• Well, it looks like Eric Mangini as Head Coach and George Kokinis as General Manager. Kokinis is the pro personnel guy in Baltimore (just like Savage was) and Mangini loves the guy. I would be glad if we hired Mangini, and getting Kokinis means HC/GM harmony, something we REALLY lacked with Crennel/Savage. Lerner should've let Savage have more say in the head coach than he did and then I think we'd still have Phil and whoever that HC would've been. Plain Dealer says if Mangini didn't get fired then Pioli would've had more leverage on us and we probably would've given up lots of power to him, which could've backfired. I hope Lerner's instincts about Mangini are correct.

Comment

• I've been reading all the same stuff. I don't know all too much about Kokinis, just some brief bio skimming, but I like Mangini...and that harmony you mentioned would've likely saved us a lot of trouble last time around.

Comment

• Personally I think we are in for a long overhaul before we are a winning team again. Lerner simply is an owner who interfers with the football side of the organization and that rarely makes for a successful franchise. He looks to me like an owner who is too concerned with pleasing the fans and not enough concerned with building a franchise the right way.
                          He hired Crennel before he hired Savage and yet he fired Savage because Crennel failed to deliver. That makes no sense to me and now I hear the rumor that he might take it upon himself to hire the next HC instead of leaving it to his new GM. More and more I see an owner who cannot stay out of team's decision making and who thinks he can throw money at the situation and everything will turnout fine, hence the Cowher attempt.
                          I'm getting this gut feeling that this team is going nowhere for the time being and maybe for a long time. The simple fact is, owners like Lerner rarely produce winning franchises and we are stuck with him.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• With how the NFL works I think we'll win 10 games again next season. We have a lot of talent on offense and an easy schedule next year, I think with a small tweaking on O that we'll have a great unit there again next year with Quinn at the helm this time.

Comment

• Looks like Lerner's trying to pass the time by looking busy. He'll be interviewing Tom Heckert according to the Plain Dealer...although whoever wrote it said they didn't know when it would happen.

I'm definitely more familiar with Heckert than Kokinis...and I would feel better with his experience running the personnel department. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flippityskip91 View Post
                                Looks like Lerner's trying to pass the time by looking busy. He'll be interviewing Tom Heckert according to the Plain Dealer...although whoever wrote it said they didn't know when it would happen.

I'm definitely more familiar with Heckert than Kokinis...and I would feel better with his experience running the personnel department. Any thoughts?
                                Heckert doesn't make the call Andy Reid does and I don't like that because that means no one knows how good he is at evaluating talent that translates to the pros.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information