No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As unlikely as I think it is, the Canton Repository printed an article about Pioli still being in the GM race.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/brow...-Browns-GM-yet

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Don't know if anyone else has read it yet, but the ravens are blocking us from Kokinis again. The interview was supposed to be yesterday but they can do that as long as they're in the playoffs.

I'm hoping that Lerner hatches a brain wave and at least interviews a few other people this week. There are some decent options who have had success before.

I think in the Plain Dealer a few days ago they mentioned that we had "expressed interest" in Charlie Casserly(everyone here knows who he is) and Chris Polian(Bill Polian's son).

Comment

• Kokinis interviewed with the Browns yesterday, but we can't hire him until they lose. Just like the Romeo Crennel situation in 2005, we interviewed him during the playoffs, but he didn't get offered the job until right after the Patriots won the superbowl. So when Baltimore loses (to pittsburgh hopefully) look for the hiring soon thereafter.

BTW the only way I might root for Baltimore to win the superbowl is if Flacco gets hurt and Troy Smith is the starting QB. Even then I probably might not want them to win.
        Last edited by keylime_5; 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          BTW the only way I might root for Baltimore to win the superbowl is if Flacco gets hurt and Troy Smith is the starting QB. Even then I probably might not want them to win.
          Go Cardinals

Comment

• I'll be rooting for the Eagles for one reason. Mcnabb takes way too much crap all the time and he deserves a championship.

Anyways, I read about the interview a couple minutes ago. And you are correct, I would be expecting him to be hired pretty much as soon as Baltimore loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flippityskip91 View Post
              I'll be rooting for the Eagles for one reason. Mcnabb takes way too much crap all the time and he deserves a championship.

Anyways, I read about the interview a couple minutes ago. And you are correct, I would be expecting him to be hired pretty much as soon as Baltimore loses.
              I used to think the same thing towards McNabb. Ever since he made that comment about black QB's take more heat that whites do, though, I lost a lot of respect for him. He just got an excuse for everything.
              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                I used to think the same thing towards McNabb. Ever since he made that comment about black QB's take more heat that whites do, though, I lost a lot of respect for him. He just got an excuse for everything.
                Ah well, I don't really care about that whole black/white thing. I mean, if that's an issue to him then that's really too bad. Still think he deserves to win the big one before he's done.

Comment

• so we added Bryan Cox as our DLine coach... we appear to be headed for a psychotic defensive coaching staff with Ryan and Cox so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                    so we added Bryan Cox as our DLine coach... we appear to be headed for a psychotic defensive coaching staff with Ryan and Cox so far.
                    I feel like I should know who that is but I'm drawing a blank. Would you care to refresh my seemingly nonexistant memory?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flippityskip91 View Post
                      I feel like I should know who that is but I'm drawing a blank. Would you care to refresh my seemingly nonexistant memory?
                      Bryan Cox is most famous for flicking everyone off in Ralph Wilson stadium with both hands.

He received a good number of fines throughout his NFL career.

He was a Bill Belichick player. He wasn't flashy... he just liked to hit people.

Comment

• This is hands down the best coaching staff Cleveland has had since coming back into the leauge. We've always had garbage coordinators and even more pathetic position coaches...now its changing hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
                          This is hands down the best coaching staff Cleveland has had since coming back into the leauge. We've always had garbage coordinators and even more pathetic position coaches...now its changing hahaha
                          Agreed. No hiring has really struck me as bad. Now lets hope they don't screw it up with a bad GM.

Comment

• I think the key is all the experience. Mangini is coming off a head coaching job and is bringing a lot of his people with him in new york and from his new england days. I like the Rob Ryan hire a lot, he and Eric are gonna turn around the defense IMO.

Comment

• Just read something from the canton repository, via rotoworld, about Mangini. It basically said that he's Napolean, he's ostracized Rogers, and everyone in Cleveland in miserable. That's the basic run-down. I don't know if it's true obviously, but I'll just say I hope it's not. The last thing we need is for our best player to get pissed.

Comment

• First, the guy who wrote it is a Ravens reporter I'm told

Second, how can anyone make any lasting judgements already as at least 90% of the players are on vacation or whatever

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information