Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    First, the guy who wrote it is a Ravens reporter I'm told

Second, how can anyone make any lasting judgements already as at least 90% of the players are on vacation or whatever
    So pretty much it's just bad press trying to spread dissent among fans? Very well could be. I was just putting it up here because I don't know what anyone else has heard on here.

Comment

• I suppose if he's right, as long as Mangini doesn't try to invade Russia, especially in winter, the Browns should do just fine

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        I suppose if he's right, as long as Mangini doesn't try to invade Russia, especially in winter, the Browns should do just fine
        We have enough trouble invading opposing teams backfields. I don't really think we'd get close to Russia if we tried. I'm sure it'll turn out okay

Comment

• From the NFL subforum encase some of you missed it.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Browns | Four players waived
          Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:55:47 -0800

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have waived QB Bruce Gradkowski, P Mike Dragosavich, PK Jason Reda and OT Eric Young.
          Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Browns | Three players contracts' terminated
          Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:10:40 -0800

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have terminated the contract of QB Ken Dorsey, LB Antwan Peek and CB Terry Cousin.
          I hope we bring Dorsey back.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Hello fellow Browns fans-new member.

I will say-Rogers will not find 2 coaches more in his corner than Rac and Tucker. I kind of feared that a new hard ass coach would send Shaun back to his under achieving days-hope that's not true.

j05son- I hope we bring Dorsey back.

You're joking. Or you mean as coach?

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have waived QB Bruce Gradkowski, P Mike Dragosavich, PK Jason Reda and OT Eric Young.

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have terminated the contract of QB Ken Dorsey, LB Antwan Peek and CB Terry Cousin.

So far so good. No complaints.

Originally posted by borg9
            Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• I don't really think there's much of a chance that Dorsey comes back. He was here as a mentor for Quinn while Chud was around because he knew that offense inside out. There's no telling how well he'd know Daboll's offense.

Comment

• Dorsey is a third string quarterback. There isn't much that's required of him. He's a mentor to Quinn and can bring a lot to the table in his intangibles that he can't bring to the field in terms of ability or skill. He shouldn't be a big price tag either. Why not have a third string QB that your starter admires/befriends and have them going over playbooks and all. The OC might have changed and the playbook, but I will bet the preparation won't.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
                  Dorsey is a third string quarterback. There isn't much that's required of him. He's a mentor to Quinn and can bring a lot to the table in his intangibles that he can't bring to the field in terms of ability or skill. He shouldn't be a big price tag either. Why not have a third string QB that your starter admires/befriends and have them going over playbooks and all. The OC might have changed and the playbook, but I will bet the preparation won't.
                  This is true, and your 3rd string QB should never really end up on the field. However, with everything going around about Mangini being some ultimate disciplinarian, I don't know that he's going to care about who's friends with who.

Personally I think it would be beneficial to Quinn because the two of them have shown that they work well together...and Dorsey has always been an asset when it comes to preparation. Nonetheless, I still don't think it's likely he'll be back.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j05son
                    Dorsey is a third string quarterback. There isn't much that's required of him. He's a mentor to Quinn and can bring a lot to the table in his intangibles that he can't bring to the field in terms of ability or skill.

Even 3rd string have to be able to play(certainly in practice)-Dorsey proved he's not capable of that. As far as mentoring and intangibles-Brady's now in his 3rd season so all of that is over rated-preparation is/always been a strong suit reportedly about Quinn. Personally I think Dorsey's embarrassing play helped contribute to Savage's firing-that he was paying a guy as bad as Dorsey(play wise) to be on the Browns.
                    Last edited by Brown Leader; 02-10-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• A big part of this offseason I think will be trying to find a competent backup QB, one that will at least allow the Browns to function if Quinn goes down. Assuming DA is traded of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                        A big part of this offseason I think will be trying to find a competent backup QB, one that will at least allow the Browns to function if Quinn goes down. Assuming DA is traded of course.
                        I cannot fathom a scenario where Anderon stays.

If for no other reason, the offense Daboll wants to run hass no place for a QB like Anderson. It's based on timing and accuracy; 2 area in which Derek has displayed almost no ability

Comment

• Supply and demand are in our favor regarding DA too. Only Stafford and Sanchez are viewed as franchise QB prospects, and only starting QBs available via trade are Cassel and Anderson. Cassel's price is probably a 1st and a 3rd, but DA can be had for a 2nd or two 3rd rounders it looks like.....and lots of teams need a QB: Carolina, Kansas City, St.Louis, Detroit, Minnesota, NYJets, San Francisco, Seattle, etc.

Comment

• I think Anderson could still fetch a 1st rounder. Just too many teams who are contenders but lack a QB. A bidding war can only bring in more value for him.
                            The Jets in particular look like they'd be very interested. Of course, it could be embarrassing if Anderson leads them to the playoffs while we still have problems winning 6 or 7 games.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

• i believe the current asking price for DA is a 2nd or two 3rds.
                              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Picture this: Maby I'm an optimist but DA and an 010' 1st or 2nd or 09' 2nd for Peppers looks doable. Panthers OC Davidson has coached DA and Derek knows Davidson's offense. DA could have more success with a run heavy offense and Carolina is going NOWHERE with Delhome. DA wouldn't necessarily have to put up Pro Bowl numbers in the Panther offense. OLB is Browns #1 need and might pay a steep price to get an elite player. Have no idea about the cost/money analysis but.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information