Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
    Why? Join a board full of arrogant know it all jerks who act better than everyone...no thanks. Honestly I don't even know why I'm here. The forums outside of this one are exactly as I just stated and this one has like 3 browns fans...its no fun when no one is talking Browns. You're better off joining an all Browns board.
    I am not a jerk. LOL
    I like hearing what other diehards have to say about their team and NFL in general. Tools are everywhere. You just ignore what's unnecessary.

djp
    hey guys, in the Forum Mock I signed Igor Olshansky, Mike Adams, Kyle Kosier (for line depth), and Javon Walker (2 year deal).

Traded down to #8 and picked up an extra third and drafted Everette Brown.

Thoughts so far?
    It's looking right now like Maybin is being talked up as a better prospect than Brown. I'm finding that hard to belive but It's hard to tell for a fan because there's so little tape available on Maybin and I didn't catch hardly any PSU games.
    Trading down would be cool but I'm starting to think Raji is a target.
    Signing Javon? doesn't he have a massive contract? Olhansky, Adams (a no brainer) and Kosier sound cool.

Personally I was thinking about S Mcgowen from the Bears and WR Clayton from the Bucs.

Rumors of a Derek Anderson-to-Tampa trade

Sounds good. A few months ago I thought the best we'd get was a 4th rounder.

Originally posted by borg9
    Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
      I am not a jerk. LOL
      I like hearing what other diehards have to say about their team and NFL in general. Tools are everywhere. You just ignore what's unnecessary.

djp

It's looking right now like Maybin is being talked up as a better prospect than Brown. I'm finding that hard to belive but It's hard to tell for a fan because there's so little tape available on Maybin and I didn't catch hardly any PSU games.
      Trading down would be cool but I'm starting to think Raji is a target.
      Signing Javon? doesn't he have a massive contract? Olhansky, Adams (a no brainer) and Kosier sound cool.

Personally I was thinking about S Mcgowen from the Bears and WR Clayton from the Bucs.

Rumors of a Derek Anderson-to-Tampa trade

Sounds good. A few months ago I thought the best we'd get was a 4th rounder.
      Walker was released. I didn't trade for him. 2 year deal, incentives based.

Just took Shady McCoy with the 2nd round pick. All the corners went right before me.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• plain dealer says Mangini is interested in FA RB Derrick Ward from the Giants. I think he'd be a hot commodity if he wasn't 28 years old...but the catch is that he's only been in the league for 5 years and has never had a 200 carry season or been anything but a backup - lots of mileage on those tires. Like Priest Holmes I could see him being effective longer than usual for a RB (age 33 or 34 instead of 30).

We're expected to release Jamal Lewis eventually, Derrick is a good back who had 1000+ yards last season as Brandon Jacobs' backup/spell. Not much talk about the fact that new york had two different 1000 yard rushers last year.

Comment

• Knowshon Moreno stole my heart today weighing in at 217. If Aaron Curry is off the board then I would reach a tad for Moreno with the #5 overall pick. I would rank Moreno 8-15 range, so its not a huge reach.

Comment

• I really like Shonn Greene. He breaks a lot of tackles and he runs hard. I think he would be a great compliment to Jerome Harrison.

Comment

• Reaching for a running back in this draft does not make sense to me. Running Backs are going to fall because so many teams got them last year.

Personally, I like the idea of LeSean McCoy in the 2nd or Rashad Jennings in the 4th

Comment

• McCoy or Brown in the 2nd if we want to draft a starting runningback. The 5th pick HAS to be defense. If we get a back somewhere in the 1st (trade up/down or whatever) it must be Beanie. 6-1/235/4.4 doesn't come around very often, and the so-called "injury issues" with him are extremely overblown. I like Knowshon but his skillset is a dime a dozen in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
                  Knowshon Moreno stole my heart today weighing in at 217. If Aaron Curry is off the board then I would reach a tad for Moreno with the #5 overall pick. I would rank Moreno 8-15 range, so its not a huge reach.
                  I think Moreno is OROY and would help the Browns more than any other rookie next season. If Curry is off the board I think it should be considered.

keylime 5
                  I like Knowshon but his skillset is a dime a dozen in this league.

Maby your right. Maby Harrison is already the guy-but if Moreno stays healthy he's a perennial Pro Bowler. I don't think going defense is a lock for our 1st rd choice after setting the NFL record for offense futility. That embarrassment more than anything else got RAC and Savage canned. with the depth at 34 OLB and if we get a 3rd for Anderson we could get quality OLB in the 2nd and 3rd like Sintim/Matthews and Cody Brown.
                  Last edited by Brown Leader; 02-20-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• I wonder if weighing in at 217 and running a sub 4.5 will make Moreno a consensus top 10?

6-1/235/4.4 doesn't come around very often
                    I agree but neither does the passion that Moreno plays with.

Comment

• I've been hearing Maybin and Moreno talked up quite a bit lately. Either could be top 10 guys before it is all said and done.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• I don't think any backs will go top ten, though Beanie and Knowshon are definitely that good. Maybin I could see going that high based on his really really high potential and the fact that he is a pass rusher; pass rushers always go higher than they should.

Comment

• What's going on with Sean Jones? Is he an UFA?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            What's going on with Sean Jones? Is he an UFA?
                            Yes he is. They (Kokinis/Mangini) said that they have no problems letting all 13 of our ufas test the market. Jones probably won't be back unless he takes less money than he's looking for. Although I thought Kokinis was supposed to meet with his agent at the combine, not sure.

Comment

• Sounds like they're gonna try hard to resign Sean Jones before he signs with another team. I don't think they'll overpay for him, but he was our best defensive player two years ago despite having a crappy, injury-plagued 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                Sounds like they're gonna try hard to resign Sean Jones before he signs with another team. I don't think they'll overpay for him, but he was our best defensive player two years ago despite having a crappy, injury-plagued 2008.
                                It certainly wouldn't hurt the defense to have one less hole to fill. I no longer look at him as a player on the rise, but he's still a playmaker, and he's fantastic in run support. He just needs to get healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information