Comment

Currently my board is as follows:

1. A.J. Green
      2. Marcell Dareus
      3. Da'Quan Bowers
      4. Patrick Peterson
      5. Nick Fairley
      6. Cameron Jordan

That is, however, very subject to change. Especially the bottom 4.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
        Just don't get me started on Lerner. Still a long way to go. With Holmgren running the draft, it should be a lot better.
        Holmgren running the draft would be a disaster. Thankfully, he hired Heckert.

Not a single mention of Julio Jones on anyone's list? How can that be?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
          Currently my board is as follows:

1. A.J. Green
          2. Marcell Dareus
          3. Da'Quan Bowers
          4. Patrick Peterson
          5. Nick Fairley
          6. Cameron Jordan

That is, however, very subject to change. Especially the bottom 4.
          100% ****! :D Mine would be...

1. Bowers
          2. Dareus
          3. Peterson
          4. Jordan
          5. Green
          6. Kerrigan
          7. Fairley
          8. Jones

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          Holmgren running the draft would be a disaster. Thankfully, he hired Heckert.

Not a single mention of Julio Jones on anyone's list? How can that be?
          There you go. I put him at #8. :D

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
            There you go. I put him at #8. :D
            1. Marcell Dareus, DT Alabama
            2. Nick Fairley, DT Auburn
            3. Robert Quinn, DE North Carolina
            4. Da'Quan Bowers, DE Clemson
            5. A.J. Green, WR Georgia
            6. Patrick Peterson, CB LSU
            7. Cameron Jordan, DE Cal
            8. J.J. Watt, DE Wisconsin
            9. Aldon Smith, DE Missouri
            10. Mark Ingram, RB Alabama
            11. Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska
            12. Corey Liuget, DT Illinois
            13. Julio Jones, WR Alabama

13th

Comment

Starting to get a better feel how the first few picks could go, and who will be left for the Browns to chose from. First few picks:

1) Carolina - QB Blaine Gabbert - QB's often get drafted much higher than they should due to to the importance of the position, and the difficulty in finding a franchise signal-caller. Gabbert has just enough talent to be considered for #1 overall considering certain QB's get overvalued.

2) Denver - DE Da'quan Bowers - They could draft Peterson instead but Bowers is my guess for Denver.

3) Buffalo - DT Marcell Dareus - Another team that could draft Peterson instead, but Dareus would really help improve Buffalo's D-line. I've seen other DT's described as the next Sapp, but Dareus probably reminds me more of him than the previous 'next Warren Sapps'. Bottomline Dareus is too good to pass up here. DE Robert Quinn may also be considered.

4) Cincinnati - QB Cam Newton - The Bengals have proven they will take players that have maturity or character concerns. I'm sure they get the picture that Palmer is serious about not playing for them again. I personally think it's too high for Cam, but they will be desperate to find their next franchise QB. Green and Peterson are other possibilities.

5) Arizona - CB Patrick Peterson - Would be hard for them to pass up the player some consider the best in the draft, and it's a position of need. Von Miller and maybe Fairley will also be considered.

6) Cleveland - DT Nick Fairley - Not a cut and dry selection. After dealing with Rogers lack of motivation to practice and earn his paycheck last season, the Browns braintrust will have to figure out whether Fairley will be motivated and dedicated. We need lots of D-linemen, and Fairley next to Rubin would help stuff the run. The two WR's and DE Quinn would be major considerations as well, probably with Quinn having the edge. Von Miller may also be considered.

If the top of the draft plays out this way it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen for the Browns. The key is having two QB's being drafted in the top 5. Would also like to see Buffalo draft Quinn instead of Dareus, and have Dareus fall to the Browns. Just doubt that he would make it all the way down to 6 in that case.

Something else to consider, especially if Green is drafted in the top 5. The Browns were big on drafting toughness in the '10 draft, and Julio Jones is considered a real tough WR. I wont be shocked if he is drafted by the Browns.

Regardless who the top 5 players are that get drafted, the Browns will have some top-notch talent to select from.

Comment

This year's draft is extremely talented for at least 12 picks and we will have no difficulty getting an impact player no matter who is available when we draft.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Among the NFL brass attending Cam Newton's workout: Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera, Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway and new coach John Fox, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert and coach Pat Shurmur and Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix.
                  Just saying....and Dick Jauron.
                  Last edited by Brown Leader; 03-08-2011, 11:15 PM.

Originally posted by borg9
                  Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

The Browns have committed to Colt McCoy, so drafting Newton would pretty much undermine that... unless he's sitting there and they want to trade.

Nick Fairley on the other hand...

Comment

Committed to him as a starter for next year. Also said they wouldn't hesitate to draft a QB high if they liked him...just saying. Fairley is EDIT - almost - as scary as Newton in terms of boom/bust.
                      Last edited by Brown Leader; 03-09-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                        Committed to him as a starter for next year. Also said they wouldn't hesitate to draft a QB high if they liked him...just saying. Fairley is just as scary as Newton in terms of boom/bust.
                        The Browns aren't taking Newton.

He's not even in the conversation. Everything the Browns want to do with the west coast offense... Newton does almost none of those things.

Comment

Can't speak to what they will or won't do but he better be in the conversation.

Comment

Can't speak to what they will or won't do but he better be in the conversation.
                            Explain why

Comment

Because we may or may not have a franchise QB. IMO probably not. If.. Heckert/Shurmur like Newton's or Gabbert's future prospects, they need to be in the conversation.

Comment

Because we may or may not have a franchise QB. IMO probably not. If.. Heckert/Shurmur like Newton's or Gabbert's future prospects, they need to be in the conversation.
                                How does Cam Newton fit into the west coast offense, which Pat Shurmur was hired to run?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information