No announcement yet.

Official Browns 2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Quinn will slide, although his brain tumour is gone, the doctors are indicating that it can return, I doubt we take a shot at #6.
    Our pick will be between Jones and Fairley, Jones is the slightly higher ranked player and fits a WCO to a tee, so I'm guessing he will be the pick at #6.
    Forget Peterson and Green, they won't reach us.

Why would we want Watt, he a 3-4 DE and we are switching to a 4-3.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• There is zero chance we make a trade up. We already have one of the lowest # of draft picks on our roster among all NFL teams due to ridiculous drafting and ugly trades. We aren't in any position to give up picks if we have any intention of ever becoming a contending team.
      Give up our 2nd this year and our 1st next year, we might as well carve a seat at the top 5 draft table for the next 5 years.
      These types of rumours appear every year and almost never see the light of day and that is where this rumour belongs.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• ^^^Agreed. If we're talkin trade with Minny its about us movin down.

Comment

• I keep hearing on 850am that there may or may not be a deal with the Pats working. Our 6th, for the Pats 17th and 28th.

I'd not consider doing it if one of the 4 elite talents are there.

But if the Pats would still want that deal otherwise I'd have to think hard about it. 17, 28, and 37 sounds awesome in a deep draft however I think Julio may very well be TO with less diva.

I'm torn whether I'd actually do it, but if it happened I wouldn't be upset at all.

Comment

• I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. I'd look like Hillis plowing and stiff arming my way to the phones. 3 of the first 37 would be spectacular

Comment

• How you guys like the trade?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                How you guys like the trade?
                We trade down to stockpile and I can at least deal with it.

The trading of the stockpile to move up 6 spots I hate.

About the Falcons, you guys better be ready to roll with what you have for several years. You will be pretty empty for a while.

Comment

• Love the trade. Extra 1st, 2nd, and two extra 4th round picks. We are a young rebuilding team that needs all the talent it can get, and we have to build via the draft. Atlanta is gonna be a scary offense with Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner, and Matt Ryan. That 1st round pick next year will be in the 25-32 range. Everybody wins.

Comment

• Looks OK on paper till you realize that by the 27 pick, you are in reality looking at round 2 talent and it will get even worse next year when Atlanta uses Jones to finish in the 29-32 range.
                    So in reality, we got 2 second round talents, a 3rd round talent and 2 fifth round talents.
                    Where are you going to find impact players which every contender has that late in the draft. Likely we are looking at 3 rather average starters and not much more.
                    Ugh and more Ugh.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• I loved the trade. Curious move trading back up for Taylor tho. Rubin's still under contract right? Maybe we have our version of the Williams wall, or Goose/Sam Adams front. Gonna be hard to run against us

Comment

• What did the Browns trade with Kansas or the 21st pick?

Comment

• their 3rd rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            Looks OK on paper till you realize that by the 27 pick, you are in reality looking at round 2 talent and it will get even worse next year when Atlanta uses Jones to finish in the 29-32 range.
                            So in reality, we got 2 second round talents, a 3rd round talent and 2 fifth round talents.
                            Where are you going to find impact players which every contender has that late in the draft. Likely we are looking at 3 rather average starters and not much more.
                            Ugh and more Ugh.
                            Belichick has not had a problem identifying talent in the 2nd round range. I'd rather have more picks in the second than high first picks. It also gives us leverage to go way up next year if we like a key guy.

Solid trade and initially looks good for both. I also like getting Taylor. I've been saying since I first scouted him that he'd actually be better in a 43 than 34. It gives us two solid two gappers to kick off the new defense-it's what Jauron's D in Chicago was like. The only thing I don't like is that KC forced us to give up our 3rd to get him when Baldwin was probably really their guy-oh well, that's the game.

In the 2nd I'd love us to target WR Greg Little and either Jabaal Sheard, Aaron Williams, or Ras I Dowling. Maby even a RT like Jah Reid. Brooks Reed works too.
                            Last edited by Brown Leader; 04-29-2011, 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by borg9
                            Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                              Looks OK on paper till you realize that by the 27 pick, you are in reality looking at round 2 talent and it will get even worse next year when Atlanta uses Jones to finish in the 29-32 range.
                              Ugh and more Ugh.
                              If you have a good GM, you get 1st round talent out of the first round, no matter where you pick. It's about projecting how the player performs through their career, not who has the most "upside."

I think Heckert is a good GM and knows how to work the draft. I love the trade, although I did want Julio. I didn't like the pick much last night, but I've definitely started to come around now that I've done a little more research on Phil.

I think this is the nicest response I can muster. In general, I never see eye-to-eye with you IAC, and your negativity never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

• I like the thought of getting Bowers in the 2nd. That's a massive chip he'd be entering the league with. Hankerson or Little after that would be perfect! It will prob be OT though.

Originally posted by borg9
                                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information