X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haters .

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
      There is no way a rookie LT and rookie QB start for the Browns with no real RB and you are any better than 5-11.,, but all is possible
      Hey man I don't think there's a team in the entire league that isn't capable of going 8-8.

Comment

as good as quinn may look or be, he's still a rookie qb on an average team at best, with all the mistakes he's going to make, and the growing pains, i doubt they win more then 6 games...

they will give us a top 10 pick for sure

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          as good as quinn may look or be, he's still a rookie qb on an average team at best, with all the mistakes he's going to make, and the growing pains, i doubt they win more then 6 games...

they will give us a top 10 pick for sure
          didn't big ben go 15-0 as a starter his rookie year?

i'm not toting and horns or anything, but its possible we go 1-15 and its possible we go 12-4. either way, you guys have an extra first rnd pick next year. it doesnt really matter how good or bad we do, you guys made out. and if Quinn turns into our franchise QB, then we made out on the deal too.
          When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

For all I care Quinn can be the next Peyton Manning and go on to a hall of fame career. As long as he struggles this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post

i'm not toting and horns or anything, but its possible we go 1-15 and its possible we go 12-4. either way, you guys have an extra first rnd pick next year. it doesnt really matter how good or bad we do, you guys made out. and if Quinn turns into our franchise QB, then we made out on the deal too.
              Didn't ben have a great O-line infront of him and a great defense anchored by hampton, von oelhoffen, farrior, porter, bell, taylor, etc?

You all don't have near the talent the steelers had when they went on that superbowl run. You're D-line is comprised of Washington, Smith, and Roye (who is hurt). YOu need a good DL for the 3-4, and clevelands is baddd.

Comment

Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post

lol Ben's supporting cast was just a LITTLE bit better than what Quinn will have, I mean, he actually had RB's that could muster up 5-10 yard carries... A solid Oline, defense etc.

The Browns won't win more than 6 games, not in the AFCN. The Bengals/Steelers/Ravens are all clearly better... You'll lose at least 5 in division. It's safe to say it'll be a top 15 pick, likely top 10 but probably not top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  lol Ben's supporting cast was just a LITTLE bit better than what Quinn will have, I mean, he actually had RB's that could muster up 5-10 yard carries... A solid Oline, defense etc.

The Browns won't win more than 6 games, not in the AFCN. The Bengals/Steelers/Ravens are all clearly better... You'll lose at least 5 in division. It's safe to say it'll be a top 15 pick, likely top 10 but probably not top 5.
                  I agree with all of this...the browns had a tough division, i cant say i can really see brady quinn, or frye for that matter beating anyone in their division more then one time with an upset...

top 5 is possible, but id say top 10 more likely...yes its possible to see any team exceed expectations, but if anyone thinks its likely a rookie qb takes the browns to more then 7 wins, your wishing pretty hard

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

In terms of talent, we have good core, but they are just not developed. I predict that at best we do 7-9 and at worse 5-11. Though, i am not really sure that it matters because odds are we would be picking a QB next year with a top 5 pick. In the end the deal should work out well for both sides, Browns get a QB worth building around and the cowgirls get a stud (i guess Kenny Philips or Dmac (though DMac is overrated and for me ranks somewhere between AD and Ronnie Brown, anyway, i digress)).

My hope is that we pull a 49ers (or even better a Saints!!!) and ride a good OL and solid running game to a pick outside the top 10.

Best scenerio is that we give you a later pick than your own, boy wouldn't that be a bummer. haha, damn would i rub it in to.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
                      In terms of talent, we have good core, but they are just not developed. I predict that at best we do 7-9 and at worse 5-11. Though, i am not really sure that it matters because odds are we would be picking a QB next year with a top 5 pick. In the end the deal should work out well for both sides, Browns get a QB worth building around and the cowgirls get a stud (i guess Kenny Philips or Dmac (though DMac is overrated and for me ranks somewhere between AD and Ronnie Brown, anyway, i digress)).

My hope is that we pull a 49ers (or even better a Saints!!!) and ride a good OL and solid running game to a pick outside the top 10.

Best scenerio is that we give you a later pick than your own, boy wouldn't that be a bummer. haha, damn would i rub it in to.
                      Yeah! Like when we beat them in the Superbowl!(Sarcasm)

Comment

Even if Dallas gets the first overall pick in next years draft then the trade will still BENEFIT [key word] both sides.

If we hadn't traded up for Brady Quinn, then who would we have selected in the '08 draft?

Brian Brohm, Colt Brennen, Andre Woodson, Chad Henne, John David Booty, etc...

A QB. I know from the post draft posts that many of you feel Brohm or Brennen will be better than Quinn and I really hope you remember me talking about why Quinn is better for Cleveland. We potentially got our [local] franchise QB, that fits our system, that can, and might already be the face of the franchise a year early.

Of course Dallas having 2 firsts in the upcoming draft along with getting your main target in '07 surly benefited you as well, but this isn't as lopsided as so many people seem to believe.

Lastly on the Browns pick. "On any given Sunday..." is the saying. Anything can happen "on any given Sunday."

We did upgrade the offseason:

Spent the #3 pick in the draft on Thomas, bribed Steinbach from across Ohio, Bentley rehabbing way ahead of schedule and maybe not being able to play/start still have the above-average Fraley. Mickinney a year removed from injury, and our starting RT was last year's LT that only allowed 3.5sacks while blocking the entire left side [Andruzzi, our LG from the previous season was cut]. That's a major upgrade in our Offensive line.

Jamal Lewis > Ruben Droughns. The very durable Jamal Lewis went on a diet and lost 10-15 lbs, got his ankle spurs fixed and is looking like a main with a chip on his shoulder looking for a payday [only signed a one year contract]. Phil Savage promised him we would dedicate running the ball, and with our new offensive line and ****** play from our QB's, we should run the ball hard and often. Lewis is a MAJOR upgrade for us, and in the AFC North, Ohio's weather on the lake, you need to be able to run [which we couldn't last year, AT ALL!]. SI while in our camp was so impressed on Lewis, they put him on the cover of their Fantasy Issue. Lewis didn't even make SI's cover when he ran for over 200 yards against us or 2000 in a season....

We were a team last year that had some pieces and showed flashes of greatness. We only helped with the additions we added. We are a team that lost over a half dozen games by a touchdown in '06. By no means did we fix all of our problems in one offseason but we made huge strides. We are one of those teams that play in one of those divisions where you don't know what the hell will happen.

We may lose just as many, but we aren't going to be that team that everyone circles as the automatic win either.

Anyways, good luck and why do so many people want Darren McFadden with the potentially high pick we are giving you? The tandem of Jones and Barber seems to work nicely.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Well PIT is up 17-0 on CLE right now. So far so good.

Comment

All of a sudden all the justification from their fans of such an optimistic season is out the window.

Comment

15-1, calling it

Comment

We're up 34-7 on Cleveland Boyz congrats Dallas. Looks like Romeo gets to play musical chairs with his QB's all year long lol. Congrats on getting Darren McFadden to replace Julius Jones.
                                Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information