Browns Draft Pick Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns Draft Pick Updates

I'm just going to start this thread for us to follow and discuss all things related to our pick this season.

...and I'll start it off by saying...

McGinnest is out for 6 weeks!!! Hooray for back surgery!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/10288639

Willie's back up, Matt Stewart had surgery to repair a torn muscle in his left shoulder and will likely be placed on injured reserve. woot!

Crennel also confirmed that left guard Eric Steinbach, the club's prized free-agent signing, has a sprained knee. Steinbach got hurt when he fell on his knee during an indoor practice on Aug. 6.

Very nice. From a gambling perspective, the Browns are currently the biggest long shot to win the Super Bowl according to bodog.com and most other handicappers as well. They're 125/1 while the Bills and Texans are next at 100/1
    The over/under on wins is 6 flat, while the Raiders are at 5 with unbalanced odds.

So in other words, Vegas is on our side, boys.
    For some reason, I think the Titans are a team we'll be rooting for this year. At this point I think our biggest competition will be Tennessee, Oakland, Miami and KC. I think the Bills and Texans are a notch above the cellar and I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them break .500 this year, though I don't necessarily expect that. Funny how I just exclusively mentioned AFC teams. Who's our biggest competition in the NFC? Tampa? Tougher to identify the bottom of the barrel I guess. I could actually see any team making the playoffs. Even Tampa, Detroit, Atlanta and Minnesota. Can't say the same for some of those AFC teams.

It'll be fun having a vested interest in an extra game each week. And even more as we get toward the end of the season where our true competition becomes clearer. Weak 3 at Oakland and week 6 vs Miami should be interesting. I could easily see them going into their bye at 1-5 or even 0-6. Anything better than 2-4 seems highly unlikely. Looking at their schedule, they'll likely be favored in just a small handful of home games. Probably 3 at the most. I just hope they don't pull a Jets and crush our hopes in the process.

Comment

Normally the Browns are my favorite team to root for in the AFC, but this year I'll have to root against them. I think we'll get a top 10 pick out of the Browns.

Comment

Not to forget they lost their starting RT, Kevin Shaffer, for the first 4 games of the season, due to a suspension.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
          Not to forget they lost their starting RT, Kevin Shaffer, for the first 4 games of the season, due to a suspension.
          Ryan Tucker, not Kevin Shaffer.

Comment

I watched the KC vs Cleveland game, their Offense line is pretty good. But I don't like their couch. I believe they should able to win 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by nrcirc View Post
              I watched the KC vs Cleveland game, their Offense line is pretty good. But I don't like their couch. I believe they should able to win 6 games.
              I don't like your ottoman but you don't hear me talking about it.

Comment

Top Ten pick maybe, but I doubt that a team as improved as the Browns (Jamal Lewis, Eric Steinbach, Seth McKinney, Shaun Smith, Antwan Peek, Eric Wright, etc.) will be in the top 5 next year. The Browns always play better than they are on paper anyways, should win AT LEAST 6 games this year with a better running game and DBs. (starting defensive backfield at times last year was Daven Holly, Brian Russell, Sean Jones, and Ralph Brown, this year it'll be Jones/B.Pool/L.Bodden/E.Wright). All in all, that trade is gonna work for both ways in the end, with Dallas getting a great player in next year's top 10 or top 15 picks, and the Browns getting a QB (QUinn) better than the QB they would've drafted next year (Woodson or Brohm.) a year ahead of time.

As far as the Wilile McGinest injury, it is not that big of a loss for the first 3-6 weeks of the reg.season. Antwan Peek is a much better pass rusher at this point, and Matt Stewart might've been cut in favor of Dave McMillan anyways. Steinbach is supposed to be back for the 4th preseason game.

Comment

Are you guys seriously banking on Jamal Lewis? I mean with ya'lls QB situation I expect a heavy load for the RB's. And I highly doubt that that Lewis can do anything significant, seeing that he's been pretty mediocre since that 2,000yd season.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                    I don't like your ottoman but you don't hear me talking about it.
                    I am not special interest person, therefore I am not interesting any part of men's body at all and I don't like to talk about it.

If you look back the KC's game, the Browns should easily won by 2 touchdowns.

Comment

Lewis is gonna have his best season since 2003 this year. For one, his line is good and he'll get more carries this year than he did in 2004, 2005, or 2006 (he was injured with bone spurs all last year and out of shape BTW). He is leaner and playing w/ a chip on his shoulder and unlike the last 2 seasons in Baltimore, Lewis will be the focal point of the offense. He should be good for 1200-1300+ yds. After seeing Stephen Davis do this by going to Carolina and Thomas Jones doing this by going to Chicago, no doubt Lewis can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Lewis is gonna have his best season since 2003 this year. For one, his line is good and he'll get more carries this year than he did in 2004, 2005, or 2006 (he was injured with bone spurs all last year and out of shape BTW). He is leaner and playing w/ a chip on his shoulder and unlike the last 2 seasons in Baltimore, Lewis will be the focal point of the offense. He should be good for 1200-1300+ yds. After seeing Stephen Davis do this by going to Carolina and Thomas Jones doing this by going to Chicago, no doubt Lewis can do it.
                        1200-1300 yards.... ok... and??? You'll still suck.

Comment

The good thing is that I think the Browns will win 6-7 games this year but I think in 2008 they may be pretty good. (Winslow should be healthy by then, Steinbach, Thomas, Bentley will hopefully all be healthy, Quinn should hopefully be the starter with 8+ games experience by that point and Edwards will be in his 4th season that year also.)

Also going for us is the fact that Pittsburgh looks like they may be back in form so going 0-6 in their division is a distinct possibility.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

2007-2008 Browns Schedule

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS
                            vs CINCINNATI BENGALS
                            @ Oakland Raiders
                            vs BALTIMORE RAVENS
                            @ New England Patriots
                            vs MIAMI DOLPHINS
                            @ St. Louis Rams
                            vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
                            @ Pittsburgh Steelers
                            @ Baltimore Ravens
                            vs HOUSTON TEXANS
                            @ Arizona Cardinals
                            @ New York Jets
                            vs BUFFALO BILLS
                            @ Cincinnati Bengals
                            vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
                            Last edited by Paul; 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              2008 Browns Schedule

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS
                              vs CINCINNATI BENGALS
                              @ Oakland Raiders
                              vs BALTIMORE RAVENS
                              @ New England Patriots
                              vs MIAMI DOLPHINS
                              @ St. Louis Rams
                              vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
                              @ Pittsburgh Steelers
                              @ Baltimore Ravens
                              vs HOUSTON TEXANS
                              @ Arizona Cardinals
                              @ New York Jets
                              vs BUFFALO BILLS
                              @ Cincinnati Bengals
                              vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

I see 4 wins at the most and thats if everything goes right.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information