Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise cuts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Paul View Post
    Qunetin Moses was cut by the Raiders. I wouldn't mine giving him a look at OLB. But man has he fallen from being a potential 1st round pick

    As for CB. I don't know. I didn't even know Bruce Thornton was still in the league. Totally forgot that name.
    Yeah Thornton started quite a few games for the 49ers last year and was decent.

    I didn't see Moses was cut. I would be more that willing to give him a shot with how low we are on LBs. Buster Davis and Edge Hartwell were both cut, but I would rather keep Carp in the middle with his skill set.

    I would like to see Xzavie Jackson and Anthony Bryant brought in for tryouts as well.

    Comment


    • #17
      I hope we get Moore on our practice squad. Other than that, I'm not real bummed about our cuts.

      Jimmy Kennedy was cut. I wonder if his big good for nothing unrealized talent salvagable?

      Comment


      • #18
        Ok, it seems that the team is high on Reeves and Ball at CB. I hope they're right, because Reeves will be our starting NB.
        Do you think we're going to make some moves, or we're gonna stay with these guys?
        And do you think we're gonna add another LB? We have only 7 LB's, one of them is injured and hasn't practiced for the whole TC and the other is questionable for sunday.
        The thing I don't really understand is why we decided to keep 6 safeties. It's for the special teams or there's another reason?

        By the way, the fact that all of our 8 picks in this year's draft made the team is for sure a good thing.


        In Bob We Trust

        John Madden's wedding video business

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Modano View Post
          Wow, do you know the reason why we kept this player? Amazing.
          So you are trying to tell me that a team with SUPER BOWL talent jsut kep their entire draft class from 2007?

          Was there an NFL Team even that talent poor to keep a 5, 6 and two 7s? I thought we had Super Bowl talent?

          Amazing is your constant excuses for this team's upper management. That is truly amazing.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I hope we get Moore on our practice squad. Other than that, I'm not real bummed about our cuts.

            Jimmy Kennedy was cut. I wonder if his big good for nothing unrealized talent salvagable?
            Jimmy Kennedy was cut because he does not maintain Gap responsbibility and seems to think he is a DE.

            Adam Carriker is already better than him.

            Definately talented but you gotta be a nuckle head to throw it away like he has.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Modano View Post
              By the way, the fact that all of our 8 picks in this year's draft made the team is for sure a good thing.
              My god you are monumentally blind and a real d**b a**.

              Super Bowl team keeping an entire draft class. Incredible.

              WOOOPEEEEEEEEE! Alan Ball!!!!!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Modano View Post
                Ok, it seems that the team is high on Reeves and Ball at CB. I hope they're right, because Reeves will be our starting NB.
                Do you think we're going to make some moves, or we're gonna stay with these guys?
                And do you think we're gonna add another LB? We have only 7 LB's, one of them is injured and hasn't practiced for the whole TC and the other is questionable for sunday.
                The thing I don't really understand is why we decided to keep 6 safeties. It's for the special teams or there's another reason?

                By the way, the fact that all of our 8 picks in this year's draft made the team is for sure a good thing.
                Either that, or Jerry won't be cutting the guys HE drafted. He's too stubborn to cut them and won't admit he messed up this early.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dc4life View Post
                  Either that, or Jerry won't be cutting the guys HE drafted. He's too stubborn to cut them and won't admit he messed up this early.
                  Cab you please explain to Modano how dumb he sounds?

                  I have tried but he thinks Jerry Jones is AJ Smith, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick and Bill Walsh rolled into 1.

                  You said, it. Jerry is keeping his kids. Jerrah';s Kidz.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Alan Ball-DB-Cowboys Sep. 2 - 6:03 pm et

                    Cowboys waived CB Alan Ball and S Abram Elam.
                    Elam was one of the club's better special teams performers, but Dallas chose Keith Davis over him. Ball, a rookie, could go on the practice team.
                    Source: Dallas Morning News

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by dc4life View Post
                      Alan Ball-DB-Cowboys Sep. 2 - 6:03 pm et

                      Cowboys waived CB Alan Ball and S Abram Elam.
                      Elam was one of the club's better special teams performers, but Dallas chose Keith Davis over him. Ball, a rookie, could go on the practice team.
                      Source: Dallas Morning News
                      There goes rob's take on Jerry's Draft Favoritism Theory.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I guess Elam won't be replacing Roy anytime soon either.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dc4life View Post
                          Alan Ball-DB-Cowboys Sep. 2 - 6:03 pm et

                          Cowboys waived CB Alan Ball and S Abram Elam.
                          Elam was one of the club's better special teams performers, but Dallas chose Keith Davis over him. Ball, a rookie, could go on the practice team.
                          Source: Dallas Morning News
                          Who did we sign instead?

                          Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            And more interestingly, doesn't that make our roster at 51? Look for us to make a couple signings real soon. CB and OLB/DE likely.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Quentin Moses was picked up by the Cards, so that takes the guy I want off the wire.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The club claimed outside linebacker Justin Rogers, a rookie free agent from SMU who spent training camp with the Patriots, and defensive back Evan Oglesby, a two-year veteran who was recently cut by the Baltimore Ravens.

                                From the cowboys home site.

                                Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information