Surprise cuts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    so Jerry is a bad GM now...he's right up there with the lions and texans franchise as far as running our team now huh? please
    Hmmmm, no different problems.

In one instance the Owner thinks he knows as much football as the football people (like Steinbrenner). So he tries to play all roles, when in relaity an organization needs the good guy (Owner) and the bad guy (GM) to keep balance and rationality.

In the other instance, the owners are just buffons who pick GMs and Coaches b/c they are "nice guys." William Clay Ford is most definately a moron with way too much money in a part of the country where he is a god.

Can't believe the TON of Jerry Jones apologists in this forum. You guys all related somehow?? Sometimes things go down like that in Arkansas.

Just bizarre the luv he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
      Hmmmm, no different problems.

In one instance the Owner thinks he knows as much football as the football people (like Steinbrenner). So he tries to play all roles, when in relaity an organization needs the good guy (Owner) and the bad guy (GM) to keep balance and rationality.

In the other instance, the owners are just buffons who pick GMs and Coaches b/c they are "nice guys." William Clay Ford is most definately a moron with way too much money in a part of the country where he is a god.

Can't believe the TON of Jerry Jones apologists in this forum. You guys all related somehow?? Sometimes things go down like that in Arkansas.

Just bizarre the luv he gets.

Jerry does get love for me, when you look back at the positives he does for dallas they outweigh the negatives....

we have a state of the art stadium that will probably be the best stadium in the NFL for some time, regardless of whats going to be built afterwards...

look back at our percentage of 1st rd hits, aside from spears id say we were pretty much on the money with almost all of those important impact player selections, and look at teams like the lions, how many 1st rd bust do they have...texans?

i guess you think its cool to nitpick and talk about how jerry falls in love with draft picks, WOW...lets over look all the positives he has done for this franchise since he's been here, since him keeping a few late rd draft picks makes all that null and void...

unless you think this is madden, everything isnt going to be perfect in football...you want jerry jones to make all the decisions that YOU think are best, want all the players to play up to your standards, if not, the players are trash and jerry is a horrible owner...

id love for you to point out all the negatives that jerry has done since he's been here, and come up with an argument that proves it outweighs the positives he has done...instead how about not worrying about any little thing you can find, or being a pessimist, and consider yourselves lucky were not run like alot of other horrible teams out there...

last i checked a draft pick jerry has made has never set the franchise back years in terms of trying to recover, he never traded away an entire draft for one player he "fell in love with" and it didnt work out, and when a player is out there and we have the money he actively pursues him in hopes of making us a better team yet he isnt "daniel snyder" in terms of building thru the FA and not the draft...what more can you ask for?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

look back at our percentage of 1st rd hits, aside from spears id say we were pretty much on the money with almost all of those important impact player selections, and look at teams like the lions, how many 1st rd bust do they have...texans?
        Hey! its the guy parcells wanted @11 (thanks for talking him out of it Jerry!) I love Jerry as an Owner, and while hes made some questionable moves as a GM hes made good moves too.

Comment

Jerry does get love for me, when you look back at the positives he does for dallas they outweigh the negatives....

we have a state of the art stadium that will probably be the best stadium in the NFL for some time, regardless of whats going to be built afterwards...

i guess you think its cool to nitpick and talk about how jerry falls in love with draft picks, WOW...lets over look all the positives he has done for this franchise since he's been here, since him keeping a few late rd draft picks makes all that null and void...

unless you think this is madden, everything isnt going to be perfect in football...you want jerry jones to make all the decisions that YOU think are best, want all the players to play up to your standards, if not, the players are trash and jerry is a horrible owner...

id love for you to point out all the negatives that jerry has done since he's been here, and come up with an argument that proves it outweighs the positives he has done...instead how about not worrying about any little thing you can find, or being a pessimist, and consider yourselves lucky were not run like alot of other horrible teams out there...

last i checked a draft pick jerry has made has never set the franchise back years in terms of trying to recover, he never traded away an entire draft for one player he "fell in love with" and it didnt work out, and when a player is out there and we have the money he actively pursues him in hopes of making us a better team yet he isnt "daniel snyder" in terms of building thru the FA and not the draft...what more can you ask for?
          Joey Galloway and the rest of his drafts from 1994 to 2003. Most his picks are absolute busts. Dog c r a p. A walk down Jerrah memory lane.....

1995 to 1997 (All Busts)

1998 (Best since Jimmy Johsnon left)
          8 Dallas Cowboys Greg Ellis Defensive End Chapel Hill
          38 Dallas Cowboys Flozell Adams Tackle Michigan State
          100. Dallas - Michael Myers, DT Alabama
          138. Dallas - Oliver Ross, T Iowa State

1999 (BUST)
          20 Dallas Cowboys, Ebenezer Ekuban Defensive End North Carolina -- 1st
          55 Dallas Cowboys Solomon Page Guard West Virginia -- 2nd
          85 Dallas Cowboys Dat Nguyen Inside Linebacker Texas A&M -- 3rd
          118 Dallas Cowboys Wane McGarity Wide Receiver Texas -- 4th
          132 Dallas Cowboys Peppi Zellner Defensive End Fort Valley State -- 4th

2000 (BUST)
          49 Dallas Cowboys Dwayne Goodrich Cornerback Tennessee -- 2nd
          109 Dallas Cowboys Kareem Larrimore Cornerback West Texas A&M -- 4th
          144 Dallas Cowboys Michael Wiley Running Back Ohio State -- 5th

2001 (BUST)
          53 Dallas Cowboys, Quincy Quincy Carter Quarterback Georgia -- 2nd
          56 Dallas Cowboys, Tony Tony Dixon Strong Safety Alabama -- 2nd
          93 Dallas Cowboys Blade, Willie Willie Blade Defensive Tackle Mississippi State -- 3rd
          122 Dallas Cowboys, Markus Markus Steele Outside Linebacker Southern California -- 4th
          137 Dallas Cowboys Lehr, Matt Matt Lehr Guard Virginia Tech -- 5th

2002 (AVERAGE)
          8 Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City) Roy Williams Free Safety Oklahoma
          37 Dallas Cowboys Andre Gurode Center Colorado
          63 Dallas Cowboys (from Chicago) Antonio Bryant Wide Receiver Pittsburgh
          75 Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City) Derek Ross Cornerback Ohio State
          168 Dallas Cowboys (from New England) Pete Hunter Cornerback Virginia Union

Jerrah is a horrid GM. Jerry is a great Owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
            Hey! its the guy parcells wanted @11 (thanks for talking him out of it Jerry!) I love Jerry as an Owner, and while hes made some questionable moves as a GM hes made good moves too.
            At least be truthful when mentioning this.

Parcells wanted a DT prospect called Kevin Williams ahead of TNew in 2003 and did not get him. Jerrah picked the 24 year old CB instead. Images of Prime Time dancing in his head in spite of the fact he just hired a 3-4 Zone Coach. (Jerrah!!!)

Parcells needed the DL prospects to go to the 3-4 and 2003 left him nothing. 2004 there was nothing of note once Tommie Harris was picked and Igor Olshansky went in the early 2nd before we took Julius.

So in the 2005 draft, after a ****** 2004 season, we finally committed 3-4 and Parcells was allowed to pick his guys .... for better or worse. Spears was the best 3-4 DL prospect.

So ....

Comment

Rob- can you get me into all the these meetings and everything you must be getting into? Base on your "knowledge" you must be there everytime anything happens with the Cowboys. I mean you know who pulled for every player. You know every good pick during the Johnson era was Johnson's guy and so on.

oh and if you aren't there everytime something happens, can you quit acting like everything you say is fact? Thanks

Comment

Joey Galloway and the rest of his drafts from 1994 to 2003. Most his picks are absolute busts. Dog c r a p. A walk down Jerrah memory lane.....

1995 to 1997 (All Busts)

1998 (Best since Jimmy Johsnon left)
                8 Dallas Cowboys Greg Ellis Defensive End Chapel Hill
                38 Dallas Cowboys Flozell Adams Tackle Michigan State
                100. Dallas - Michael Myers, DT Alabama
                138. Dallas - Oliver Ross, T Iowa State

1999 (BUST)

2000 (BUST)
                49 Dallas Cowboys Dwayne Goodrich Cornerback Tennessee -- 2nd
                109 Dallas Cowboys Kareem Larrimore Cornerback West Texas A&M -- 4th
                144 Dallas Cowboys Michael Wiley Running Back Ohio State -- 5th

2001 (BUST)
                53 Dallas Cowboys, Quincy Quincy Carter Quarterback Georgia -- 2nd
                56 Dallas Cowboys, Tony Tony Dixon Strong Safety Alabama -- 2nd
                93 Dallas Cowboys Blade, Willie Willie Blade Defensive Tackle Mississippi State -- 3rd
                122 Dallas Cowboys, Markus Markus Steele Outside Linebacker Southern California -- 4th
                137 Dallas Cowboys Lehr, Matt Matt Lehr Guard Virginia Tech -- 5th

2002 (AVERAGE)
                8 Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City) Roy Williams Free Safety Oklahoma
                37 Dallas Cowboys Andre Gurode Center Colorado
                63 Dallas Cowboys (from Chicago) Antonio Bryant Wide Receiver Pittsburgh
                75 Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City) Derek Ross Cornerback Ohio State
                168 Dallas Cowboys (from New England) Pete Hunter Cornerback Virginia Union

Jerrah is a horrid GM. Jerry is a great Owner.

horrid GM is the biggest overexaggeration ive seen in some time...id also just LOVE for you to find the teams who dont draft bust...last i checked those happened with every team...

and and i just love how when we draft roy williams, gurode, and a bryant in the same draft and you call that "average"...i guess if we dont draft a HOF or 10 time pro bowler in every rd its a crap draft

Comment

horrid GM is the biggest overexaggeration ive seen in some time...id also just LOVE for you to find the teams who dont draft bust...last i checked those happened with every team...

and and i just love how when we draft roy williams, gurode, and a bryant in the same draft and you call that "average"...i guess if we dont draft a HOF or 10 time pro bowler in every rd its a crap draft
                  So two good drafts (by your definition) from 1994 to 2002 make a good GM. Nice.

Then Parcells and Jerrah had 4 great drafts. (which they definately did not, only 2005 may go down as a great draft.)

Comment

So two good drafts (by your definition) from 1994 to 2002 make a good GM. Nice.

Then Parcells and Jerrah had 4 great drafts. (which they definately did not, only 2005 may go down as a great draft.)
                    when did i ever say we had 2 good drafts in 8 years? and you act like jerry jones wasnt a GM before that point, unless you think he's supposed to dominate the entire NFL and have us in the super bowl every other year...but of course, with your standards he's not doing his job unless that happens

Comment

1999 (BUST)
                      Can I buy weed from you?

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                        Can I buy weed from you?
                        So one average middle LB makes it out a good draft?

Funny. You are a Jerrah Jones homer.

Comment

when did i ever say we had 2 good drafts in 8 years? and you act like jerry jones wasnt a GM before that point, unless you think he's supposed to dominate the entire NFL and have us in the super bowl every other year...but of course, with your standards he's not doing his job unless that happens
                          Keep justifying Jerrah.

FYI, an average draft, barring trades, nets you two starters per draft usually.

Most of Jerrah's draft are dog pooh.

Comment

So one average middle LB makes it out a good draft?

Funny. You are a Jerrah Jones homer.
                            Dat average? He played and meant more to the team then that. He was consitent, he was professional and he was the leader(along with Woody) for our defense throughout those lean years. And most of all he had one of the biggest hearts on those teams. He may never went to all the pro-bowls and we will never make the HOF, but it is insult to call him average or downplay his contributions to this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              Dat average? He played and meant more to the team then that. He was consitent, he was professional and he was the leader(along with Woody) for our defense throughout those lean years. And most of all he had one of the biggest hearts on those teams. He may never went to all the pro-bowls and we will never make the HOF, but it is insult to call him average or downplay his contributions to this team.
                              OK, your reaction is childish. Dat Nguyen was an average NFL MLB.

I do not understand why you need to bring out all this EMOTIONAL BS about him being the heart of anything.......

Leadership is so important but at the same time when everyone label everyone a leader it devalues what being a leader is.

In no uncertain terms, I have heard Bradie is invaluable because he is a leader, Roy WIlliams, Marcus Spears, TO, Tony Romo, Jason Witten, TNew ...... This is shear BS propogated by fannies who like certain players and use this to OVER VALUE what they do.

Darren Woodson was a leader. Michael Irvin was a leader. Tony Romo MAY become a leader.

Dat Nguyen was a nice player for a few years. God bless him. But he was not amonth the top 10 MLB in the NFL at any point in his career and his leadership skills where secondary to Darren.
                              Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-04-2007, 09:53 AM.

Comment

So 5 players in the top 132 of the 1999 draft and at least two fans want to label is successful b/c we sourced one AVERAGE MLB.

You guys are total lost homers. It is exactly why we disagree. Many of you can't separate what we want (desires) from factually what actually occurs (reality) in an effort to specualte of the future result (what we forecast to happen).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information