Spears Benching Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spears Benching Countdown

I saw the Vikings game and Marcus just looks awful. He has no explosion and lacks power it seems. He seems to almost run on his tippy toes dancing around like a girl.

So, I predict he rides the pines by game 8.
    Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-02-2007, 04:44 PM.

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
    I saw the Vikins game and Marcus just looks awful. He has no explosion and lacks power it seems. He seems to almost run on his tippy toes dancing around like a girl.

Good call. I've said all along our DL is the weakest unit on the team. I won't be surprised to see Canty on the bench sometime this season either. Jay Ratliff on the other hand, that guy produces.

Comment

I saw the Vikings game and Marcus just looks awful. He has no explosion and lacks power it seems. He seems to almost run on his tippy toes dancing around like a girl.

Benched after game 5 if he cant do anything against mediocre QBs. Thats my prediction.

Comment

this definitley isn't an "if it will happen" its a "when it will happen." I say it will happen before the bye week

Comment

Funny thing is...Spears was playing deep into the second half...we aren't the only people noticing his need to improve.

Another thing I noticed was that he really wasn't part of the defense on the sidelines. Furgy and Hamlin were the show. The defensive first teamers all interacted for the most part but Spears wasn't a guy I saw around the defensive side much. I found that somewhat shocking.

Canty won't be seeing the bench this year D. He is the part in every sense of the word. He is very impressive in person and on the field. He may not be getting the sacks but watch him over the course of the game...he is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
            Funny thing is...Spears was playing deep into the second half...we aren't the only people noticing his need to improve.

Another thing I noticed was that he really wasn't part of the defense on the sidelines. Furgy and Hamlin were the show. The defensive first teamers all interacted for the most part but Spears wasn't a guy I saw around the defensive side much. I found that somewhat shocking.

Canty won't be seeing the bench this year D. He is the part in every sense of the word. He is very impressive in person and on the field. He may not be getting the sacks but watch him over the course of the game...he is a stud.
            Carp took every snap I think including ST. He looked exhausted and played tentative I think. More react, defending the middle v. the pass. Not active in the run D.

He seemed to be playing the Donnie Edwards role but honestly I could not really tell how that plays out. He was calling the signals and stuff.

Comment

Is there a reason you quoted that post?

Comment

Is there a reason you quoted that post?
                Nope. No reason whatsoever.

Comment

Nope. No reason whatsoever.
                  Just an fyi....you push quote to reply to what the person said...:O

Comment

Just an fyi....you push quote to reply to what the person said...:O
                    Ya got that. I usually just press the "Quote" button on the screen to avoid scrolling down. Carpal. Then I delete all the crap.

Comment

I agree on Canty, he was good as a rookie and I think he will be a very improved player. But the other one I think will start alongside him is Jason Hatcher. He's the real deal.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Game 4.......

Comment

Hatcher has 2 knee braces...he hasn't looked 100% since his injury either.

Comment

Hatcher has 2 knee braces...he hasn't looked 100% since his injury either.
                            But still he was able to rush from the edge in the Vikings game.. I think he will be 100% soon, and he will push for a starting job.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                              But still he was able to rush from the edge in the Vikings game.. I think he will be 100% soon, and he will push for a starting job.
                              Spears playing deep into the second half was a dead give away that his job isn't secure as most outsiders think.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information