Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your Points" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I coulda swore I posted once, guess it never posted, lemme try to rethink and repost what I had...

    -Sam Hurd emerges through the shadows of Terry Glenn, Glenn will be injured for most of the year, and while crayton is still solid and produces Hurd comes through big and plays a huge role in our offense...he makes us rethink if we need a wr next yr, and how soon..

    -Marion Barber emerges as more of the feature back, especially as the season nears the end, and he earns every bit of the contract were gonna reward him with...he plays a huge role in the playoffs in us making it to the NFC champ game

    -Our offensive line makes the turnaround into a top 5 unit...Davis has already showed flashes of greatness he hasnt showed in az in forever, and him, gurode, and adams take charge on a unit that is underrated and very talented

    -Watkins makes huge improvements over last yr and how many times he was beat deep in coverage, hamlin helps him out as well as not having to put the load on his shoulders to be the deep man...His athleticism and height will make alot of plays for us





    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm going to go about as bold as a person can go right here.

      Ken Hamlin becomes as big of a leader by the end of the year as Darren Woodson was when he was hear.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by thule View Post
        I'm going to go about as bold as a person can go right here.

        Ken Hamlin becomes as big of a leader by the end of the year as Darren Woodson was when he was hear.
        When he was hear? lol jk. I know you mean here.

        That is very bold. I'm unsure of that one.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          When he was hear? lol jk. I know you mean here.

          That is very bold. I'm unsure of that one.
          Well this is just going off of what I know and have heard obviously. or is it hered lol.

          Anyways. Hamlin was a stud before the off the field injury. I actually thought of him as a top 10 safety in the league...not at the time but with that type of potential. He has come back every bit as strong as before.

          In TC all that came out were good reports. He was making plays down field. Making tackles on running backs. Setting up and talking to our corners. All things I knew he would bring to the table.

          But on thursday. Sitting 2nd row right behind the bench. I couldn't help but watch him on the sidelines. He didn't look big next to guys like Ware and Canty. But he was the center of the defense. He was the prankster...reminded me a lot of Terrence Newman who obviously didn't make the trip. But too me he has already gained the trust of his teammates. Him and Furgy really seemed to be the guys on the sidelines who were into the game...fired up for the guys who were in the game. Furgy was actually more into the cheerleaders than the game but he was pretty vocal among the sidelines.

          Hamlin is going to be a stud. I can't wait to watch him on gameday. He is going to make our secondary elite.

          Honestly if he is what I think he'll be. Newman or not we'll be towards the top of the league in 20 yard passes completed. I'm not sure where we were before but I really think Hamlin is "that" guy.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by thule View Post
            Well this is just going off of what I know and have heard obviously. or is it hered lol.

            Anyways. Hamlin was a stud before the off the field injury. I actually thought of him as a top 10 safety in the league...not at the time but with that type of potential. He has come back every bit as strong as before.

            In TC all that came out were good reports. He was making plays down field. Making tackles on running backs. Setting up and talking to our corners. All things I knew he would bring to the table.

            But on thursday. Sitting 2nd row right behind the bench. I couldn't help but watch him on the sidelines. He didn't look big next to guys like Ware and Canty. But he was the center of the defense. He was the prankster...reminded me a lot of Terrence Newman who obviously didn't make the trip. But too me he has already gained the trust of his teammates. Him and Furgy really seemed to be the guys on the sidelines who were into the game...fired up for the guys who were in the game. Furgy was actually more into the cheerleaders than the game but he was pretty vocal among the sidelines.

            Hamlin is going to be a stud. I can't wait to watch him on gameday. He is going to make our secondary elite.

            Honestly if he is what I think he'll be. Newman or not we'll be towards the top of the league in 20 yard passes completed. I'm not sure where we were before but I really think Hamlin is "that" guy.
            In the 2002-03 season, Hamlin burst onto the scene in Seattle and I had him on my fantasy team along with Ed Reed. I seriously had a tough time determining who to start between the two because Hamlin was such a tackling machine! Last year, she showed that he was all that and MORE! I'm very happy with his acquisition and am just as excited as you are. Good things happen around him on the field and he is seemingly everywhere. Very underrated player. Plays the physical brand of football that WP likes. I'm with you all the way thule as I also stated that we will be signing him to an extension in my points post. The Hammer Baby!

            Comment


            • #21
              I liked this base... So Im gonna use it...

              Dallas Cowboys 2007
              • 10-6 Wildcard
              • Roy Williams puts together his best season yet with 5 sacks and 6 INT's...
              • Ware leads team in sacks
              • Ken Hamlin leads the team...
              • Bradie James leads team in tackles
              • Tony Romo breaks the Dallas Cowboys franchise passing yard record
              • TO leads the team in receptions, Recieving yards and Recieving TD's
              • JJ and MB3 contribute for over 2000 yards combined and 20 TD's
              • NFC Championship Game...

                Offseason.
              • JJ is signed to an extension. Unless he gets greedy and thinks he can be a starter by himself somewhere else. What we have currently is as... Nay more effective then LJ in KC or LT in San Diego.
              • Ken Hamlin is resigned and had one hell of a year for us.

                Draft
              • CB, LT, NT... Whichever is the highest on our boards will be taken with our 1st Draft pick this year.
              • Same as first pick... We take our next biggest need.

              Comment


              • #22
                I'm 100% sure on one thing: next year's draft will be very excting for us.


                In Bob We Trust

                John Madden's wedding video business

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                  Question --- Does Spears have any fans right now????
                  His mom and even she is having her doubts.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wrong. That was wrong.

                    I am still laughing, though.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

                    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Lemme give this a try :)

                      - Sacks will go up, but so will big plays given up

                      - Spears is a bust

                      - Ware will still not rush the passer better than Merriman, although his sack numbers will go up compared to last year.

                      - Roy Williams will have the same struggles

                      - Age in the CB position will rear its ugly head

                      - Canty will disappoint

                      - Phillips can't control the personalities on this team

                      - If individual development was not improved upon, this defense will not improve with a change in scheme

                      - The pass rush will improve, but not to the effect that many believe it will. You won't see a charger's like pass rush.

                      - Marion Barber will establish himself as a legitimate top back in the NFL

                      - Julius Jones still needs a fullback, he lacks the vision to produce well in the 2TE set.

                      - Romo is legit.

                      - Fasano will have a great year

                      - We're so due for a TO outburst. It'll come soon enough.

                      - This team won't win the division, but has a solid chance at a wildcard spot, depending on how well Phillips motivates and controls his players.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Lemme give this a try :)

                        - Sacks will go up, but so will big plays given up
                        - Spears is a bust
                        - Ware will still not rush the passer better than Merriman, although his sack numbers will go up compared to last year.
                        - Roy Williams will have the same struggles
                        - Age in the CB position will rear its ugly head
                        - Canty will disappoint
                        - Phillips can't control the personalities on this team
                        - If individual development was not improved upon, this defense will not improve with a change in scheme
                        - The pass rush will improve, but not to the effect that many believe it will. You won't see a charger's like pass rush.
                        - Marion Barber will establish himself as a legitimate top back in the NFL
                        - Julius Jones still needs a fullback, he lacks the vision to produce well in the 2TE set.
                        - Romo is legit.
                        - Fasano will have a great year
                        - We're so due for a TO outburst. It'll come soon enough.
                        - This team won't win the division, but has a solid chance at a wildcard spot, depending on how well Phillips motivates and controls his players.
                        Funny, but I agree that Canty has not been any better than Spears. At the same time his is playing over the LT whereas Marcus get the ugly sister RT. They both seems stuck in the mud when moving upfield. But both can be turned into DTs because they are pretty stout. (**god, I am pissing people off.)

                        Hatcher and Ratliff though ..... particularly, Hatcher will be better than Mario Williams (add this one) barring leg problems. Hatcher just seems to have the sensations for speed. Jimmy Johnson used to talk about this with big guys.

                        On TO, don't think so this year. Contract is up I think. I think he really does like Romo. I see a more relaxed guy than last year.

                        Roy Williams is my favorite subject. Enuff said.

                        But god, Cleveland will just hands us Kenny Phillips or Darren McFadden or Jake Long. I can feel it in my bones.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post




                          - Julius Jones still needs a fullback, he lacks the vision to produce well in the 2TE set.
                          I never thought about this, that actually might help him ALOT more when I really think about it, something he should think about when he finds a new team at the end of this season :)





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            1). 10-6 a division winner because of our offense
                            2). Our run defense is below average this season
                            3). Cowboys will use 2 out of first 3 picks to draft two CBs.
                            4). This will be Adams last year.
                            5). Terry Glenn will retire after this year
                            6). Roy Williams, Jason Hatcher, and Brady James all have great season
                            7). Carpenter is not going have good season (I hope I am wrong on this)
                            8). Terry Owen will be cut or trade after this season
                            9). Ware will not have a great season but still get 14+ sacks.
                            10). Barber and JJ are going run more than 2000 yards.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              We arent playing the Two TE set this year are we? I thought we were moving back to the traditional Two back??? With the occasional Two TE to confuse the D...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Lemme give this a try :)
                                - The pass rush will improve, but not to the effect that many believe it will. You won't see a charger's like pass rush.
                                I just wanted to point out that I am not one of those believers. Our LBs might produce a good pass rush, but the key to bringing the pass rush up to the elite level is getting good pressure from the DL and we just don't have that.

                                Olshansky/Williams/Castillo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spears/Ferguson/Canty.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information