If you were the Cowboys....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were the Cowboys....

would you just rest Terence Newman for weeks 1 and 2 and get him 100% for the Bears (because we should beat the G-Men and Phins anyway), or try to play him now at around 70%?

I would definitly rather have him miss 2 or 3 games (which we could win without him), and then have him 100% for the rest of the season. What about you guys?

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
    would you just rest Terence Newman for weeks 1 and 2 and get him 100% for the Bears (because we should beat the G-Men and Phins anyway), or try to play him now at around 70%?

I would definitly rather have him miss 2 or 3 games (which we could win without him), and then have him 100% for the rest of the season. What about you guys?
    What if you sit him for games 1 and 2 and he's still not 100%...then do you play him game 3 4 5.

Comment

Play Newman and run him into the ground.

Comment

The degree of his injury is reported to take 2-3 weeks to recover. He himself is saying he is getting better each day, so he shoudl be 100% by week 3, at worst week 4, which is when we really need him, which is against the Rams.

Comment

I would run him to the ground as well. His injury consists of a half torn plantar fascia. Keep in mind its not torn completely. I've heard a COMPLETELY torn plantar fascia is better because it will heal faster and causes less pain. I'm no doctor or anything, but that is what I've read.

Comment

I would play him in this game and see how everything works out and how he feels after the game. Depending on how he responded I may give him next week off against a weaker Dolphins team. The Giants game will be tough enough with Newman in the lineup.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information