Ferguson out for season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thule View Post
    I also thought Hamlin turned in a great game yesterday. Just got to love how he plays. He gave some gas to our defense.
    I especially loved how he slapped Jacobs on the helmet and drew the penalty. The penalty sucked, but it shows the toughness and swagger that I like personally.

Comment

I'm still not sold on Hamlin. There's no question he's an upgrade over what we had, but that's not saying much.

He did miss one big tackle. That long run late in the game should not have happened. Hamlin missed that tackle for no gain, instead it ended up 40 something yards.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        I'm still not sold on Hamlin. There's no question he's an upgrade over what we had, but that's not saying much.

He did miss one big tackle. That long run late in the game should not have happened. Hamlin missed that tackle for no gain, instead it ended up 40 something yards.
        Ward shouldn't have even reached the secondary. But I wasn't paying attention that closely when it happened. If Hamlin missed the tackle, then that's just one incident not worth crucifying the guy over. I don't want to get rid of him because of that. He's usually a very good tackler and was our second leading tackler behind Roy.

Comment

Here it is straight from Parcells' mouth.

"The Dallas Cowboys got off to a good start with their 45-35 victory over the New York Giants. The 45 speaks for itself, but the 35 will need to be addressed quickly.

Based on what I saw and who was playing, the Cowboys need to get CB Terence Newman back on the field as soon as possible. They also need one of their backup cornerbacks to emerge as a quality No. 3 option. The sooner players such as CBs Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones are able to function effectively behind the starters, the better the Cowboys' defense will be.

Also, the season-ending injury to DT Jason Ferguson is going to be an issue. He is the most experienced inside defensive lineman on the team. His absence will definitely hurt Dallas."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013058

The organization failed to address this issue in the offseason and we all knew this was a high risk. Good to see Parcells confirm that the #3 CB is a key position that can help the entire defense improve if it is improved.

Comment

As expected Remi was re-signed today.

Comment

My God. This is bad. This'll be a major test.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information