Ferguson out for season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson out for season

I've always tried to be a level headed guy, and avoid "the sky is falling" mentality that many of us have around here sometimes. But this is very bad news, something I've been fearing for a long time.

ESPN reported it was a torn bicep on sportscenter.

Comment

just heard the news...isnt this the ONE position we pretty much all agreed on that we didnt need to have happen with lack of depth? well i guess we get to see what were made of, not good for our defense

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

What I fear is that with Newman out, pass coverage is a HUGE issue. Now that Fergie is out, stopping the run is going to become a huge issue. This is very, very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          What I fear is that with Newman out, pass coverage is a HUGE issue. Now that Fergie is out, stopping the run is going to become a huge issue. This is very, very bad.
          But Spencer, Two T and a developmental WR in the 4th is PERFECT!!!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda -- fact is Jerry Jones made some large mistakes by not filling big holes with future starters.

We go another pass rusher -- when you are already switching to new one-gap D -- was just a waste. We gave up a second/thrid or something for the swap.

Too bad, but I know the Roy Williams fans will be out in full force this week.

Comment

Last year we managed to stay healthy for the entire year (excluding Ellis), but this year is a completely different story. Hopefully we'll see no more injuries for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
              But Spencer, Two T and a developmental WR in the 4th is PERFECT!!!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda -- fact is Jerry Jones made some large mistakes by not filling big holes with future starters.

We go another pass rusher -- when you are already switching to new one-gap D -- was just a waste. We gave up a second/thrid or something for the swap.

Too bad, but I know the Roy Williams fans will be out in full force this week.
              Why are you changing the subject to Roy Williams bashing?

On the other hand, getting Spencer was supposed to set up a situation that emulates SD's with Merriman and Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                Why are you changing the subject to Roy Williams bashing?

On the other hand, getting Spencer was supposed to set up a situation that emulates SD's with Merriman and Phillips.
                Well, we are not SD. SD, in fact, addressed needs in their first two rounds. Not starters but future starters.

Spencer will be fine. I like him but not with last year #1 on the bench.

The same #1 who look good as a SOLB in Seattle when given a shot.

** Can't help it with Roy. Just a piece of crap that many fannies love to defend. I think this is the worst game I have ever seen Roy Williams play. And that is saying something. Like a Washington 2005 repeat with Moss ... except the guy was Plaxico. **

Comment

Agreed that we've mismanaged the situation with Carpenter.

With Roy, he really messed up on the last Eli TD to Burress. Reeves played Burress so badly though. He gave him space to go up and get jump balls and work the inside slants, etc. I totally don't understand what Wade wanted to get him to do.

Anyway, back on topic.

Comment

A quote from Scott himself:

"The Cowboys didn't even keep a DT on their taxi squad... I was looking at the top available free agents and the NT situation is bleak to say the least... Junior Siavii anyone?"

Comment

Marcus Spears.

Time to bite the bullet.

He is big and stout. Not a DE.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                        Agreed that we've mismanaged the situation with Carpenter.

With Roy, he really messed up on the last Eli TD to Burress. Reeves played Burress so badly though. He gave him space to go up and get jump balls and work the inside slants, etc. I totally don't understand what Wade wanted to get him to do.

Anyway, back on topic.
                        Look man, Reeves is 5'11 playing a 6'6 guy. He needs help. Deion Sanders himself would need help on certain routes.

But man did they pick on Roy Williams side.... at least Reeves defended two passes and got a pick.

Comment

I tried to tell Jerry that we need Alan Branch or DeMarcus Tyler, but he didn't want to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                            Marcus Spears.

Time to bite the bullet.

He is big and stout. Not a DE.
                            If there is ever a time for you to be right I hope it is now.

Comment

Honestly, I didn't think Ratliff was half bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information