Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Barber Already!

It's coming!!!!!!!!

yes! I see a totally different team when Barber is out there.

Comment

Totally agree man. There's just that attitude when he's on the field. The team runs tougher and everything loosens up downfield.

Comment

As Prime Time says, he runs like it his last carry every time.

Comment

I'd like to sign him to a long term deal and perhaps use our first rounders on a DT/WR/CB/S next year.

Comment

not going to happen yet at least, Jones played well minus the first few plays where he had to run behind Kosier for some reason.

Comment

I think that the way the rotation worked tonight was just about perfect. Jones had an excellent game and Barber had enough carries to make a big impact on the game and also stay fresh enough to run as hard as he did.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Originally posted by fryman View Post
                not going to happen yet at least, Jones played well minus the first few plays where he had to run behind Kosier for some reason.

That was perplexing. I think Garrett confused Kosier for Allen.

Comment

i think barber needs more carries, his role is fine, but its ridiculous the way things happens when he is in, he needs the ball in his hands alot more...dont know why it hasnt happened yet, but i see it shifting as the yr goes on...he's a beast, and needs touches to make something happen

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                    That was perplexing. I think Garrett confused Kosier for Allen.
                    after that first series did they run behind him more than once here or there? I didn't really notice it after that, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Comment

Everytime JJ gets the ball I'm praying that he breaks a tackle...he runs hard...just can't break it....got to be disappointing for him.

Comment

and everytime Barber gets the ball he runs someone over, gets the crowd in the game, and keeps the chains moving...I dont even understand what jones has done to deserve to start, not that he's terrible, but i cant remember the last game he outplayed barber

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

MB3 is a complete beast. He trucks people, plays the game with attitude, and gives 110% every play. Jerry should sign him to a long term contract right NOW so that we can focus on DT/WR/CB/DE etc in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend
                            and everytime Barber gets the ball he runs someone over, gets the crowd in the game, and keeps the chains moving...I dont even understand what jones has done to deserve to start, not that he's terrible, but i cant remember the last game he outplayed barber
                            Late last year. Barber was going like a busted asshole and Jones broke for a 60 odd yard gain(run down too)... lol

Anyway... While it works... DONT DON'T AVOID THE CENSORS FIX IT. Thats all I see in the current situation. Barber comes in for 10-15 plays a game max... FRESH and kills it. Jones doesnt have to handle the entire workload thus he can break down the Defence and Marion comes in to kill it off. This works. We have no guarantees that Marion can keep it up for the entire game(and when hes been forced too... I wasnt that impressed)... and if its working at the moment? Why buy into the possibility when it already works.
                            Last edited by njx9; 09-11-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I've been pretty animate about JJ remaining the starter, but MB III is making a very strong case to become the starter. I'd like to see him get 20+ carries in a game and see if he still has a lot of gas in his tank at the end of the games. Right now it's easier for us to say he should start, but will he have that much fire after 20-25 carries and 3-5 catches? The only way to tell is to give him a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information