Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
    Here is a mock I was just looking at in the mock draft forum:

That is a very possible draft. This person (forgot who, I think that devin hester fan) even has us trading up for mcfadden.

Miami goes to build there 3-4, St. Louis NEEDS d-line, Atlanta needs their QB of the future, oakland fills the void warren sapp left and ellis is good value, the cheifs get the youth at o-line they desperatly need, and the jets take the rush backer they have lacked since moving to the 3-4. Then, McFadden is there at 7 with the pats looking to trade down. Jerry calls, BOOM.
    i agree it could happen and would be awesome, but that is just way to risky to let the guy you want fall past 3 teams that could use a RB. i would love it though, and his contract would be much less than the first pick.

Comment

• i believe if macfadden falls to #5 he is gonna be a cowboy. as it would most likely cost 2 firsts and a 3rd, which is less risky than waiting till 7 and only having to spend 2 firsts. i'd give up a 3rd for some insurance for dmac. imagine DMAC and Barber 1-2 punch ;P-----, im drooling over it. draft day is gonna be fun either way this year!

Comment

• Here is another mock draft that is possible with McFadden falling out of the top 5:

http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Crazy_Chris.aspx

The real question is oakland. The Phins and Rams definitly aren't taking him, and I would bet anything the Falcons take Ryan. It depends on al davis. Does he go for a LT or defense player that will probably help his team out more in the long run than mcfadden, or go for the sexy pick? I really don't know. If McFadden is on the board at 5, like GDW said, I think no doubt jerry goes and gets him.

If we re-sign all of our guys, sign a CB in FA, and then have mcfadden, not to mention still our second and 3rd rounders, I don't see how we don't beat every team in the NFL by double digits, barring any major injuries. Just imagine it, Barber and McFadden with our o-line. Romo wouldn't even need to throw a pass all season. Then they load the box, and we have romo, witten, TO, crayton, fasano, marion and DMAC out of the backfield, etc. If McFadden falls out of the top 5 and is there at 6, you have to call the jets. You have to.

On a side note: DAMN YOU CLEVELAND!! DEREK ANDERSON, WHY WERE YOU BORN!??!?!?

Comment

• I can't believe that so many of you think that the most talented player in this draft will drop to the 7 spot.

Who is to say another team wouldn't be willing to give up more, even if he did fall that far?

AND just because he is drafted at 7 doesn't mean he and his agent would take a 7th picks payday. Players have fallen before, and they will argue that he should be paid top dollar.

Basically we would be mortgaging our future on McFadden who is purely a luxury. If Jerry did this, he is an idiot.

I don't know how many times I need to point out the fact that we had one of the best offenses in the league and if our defense could play a lick, we're a totally different team.

and yes, that 2nd best offense in the league was one without "The deep threat opposite of T.O." -- It was Crayton

and yes, the Rb's were Barber and julia Jones. Please people. we can get adequate upgrades/replacements with the draft picks we already have. The only blockbuster trade to move up that makes sense to me is Chris Long.

Defense wins Championships. The colts couldn't get over the hump until they got a defense. The most prolific offense in the history of the league was tromped by an outstanding pass rush in this years superbowl. That is what we truly need.

Comment

Here is another mock draft that is possible with McFadden falling out of the top 5:

http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Crazy_Chris.aspx

The real question is oakland. The Phins and Rams definitly aren't taking him, and I would bet anything the Falcons take Ryan. It depends on al davis. Does he go for a LT or defense player that will probably help his team out more in the long run than mcfadden, or go for the sexy pick? I really don't know. If McFadden is on the board at 5, like GDW said, I think no doubt jerry goes and gets him.

If we re-sign all of our guys, sign a CB in FA, and then have mcfadden, not to mention still our second and 3rd rounders, I don't see how we don't beat every team in the NFL by double digits, barring any major injuries. Just imagine it, Barber and McFadden with our o-line. Romo wouldn't even need to throw a pass all season. Then they load the box, and we have romo, witten, TO, crayton, fasano, marion and DMAC out of the backfield, etc. If McFadden falls out of the top 5 and is there at 6, you have to call the jets. You have to.

On a side note: DAMN YOU CLEVELAND!! DEREK ANDERSON, WHY WERE YOU BORN!??!?!?
            You should work for ESPN with all of the common sense/trendy speculation that you spit out post after post.

Comment

• You do make a valid point, but come on ole Burnsey.....I know your dreaming about McFadden and MBIII in the same backfield and waking up with something thats starts with morning, and ends with wood. LMFAO.

:) You want him.

Comment

You do make a valid point, but come on ole Burnsey.....I know your dreaming about McFadden and MBIII in the same backfield and waking up with something thats starts with morning, and ends with wood. LMFAO.

:) You want him.
                If there was no salary cap I would want him, who wouldn't. But we have a young team with some great young core players. LT and WR will need to be addressed sooner, rather than later. But I just think going after McFadden forces us to get rid of other pieces.

Im looking for us to create another dynasty, not just a sexy 1 year spark. In the situation we are in, I am afraid that DMAC and the money he commands, would not allow us to have a well rounded team that is built to last.

Comment

• I do agre with that. I do think this team is another offensive weapon, a CB, and a true 3-4 NT (this one is optional) away from starting a dynasty, like you stated. I just can't wait for next season, damnit.

God I hope we play the giants on thursday night in there house, let them raise the banner, and then keep there teeth in. Show the NFL the cowboys are back, and this time its for real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    I can't believe that so many of you think that the most talented player in this draft will drop to the 7 spot.

Who is to say another team wouldn't be willing to give up more, even if he did fall that far?

AND just because he is drafted at 7 doesn't mean he and his agent would take a 7th picks payday. Players have fallen before, and they will argue that he should be paid top dollar.

Basically we would be mortgaging our future on McFadden who is purely a luxury. If Jerry did this, he is an idiot.

I don't know how many times I need to point out the fact that we had one of the best offenses in the league and if our defense could play a lick, we're a totally different team.

and yes, that 2nd best offense in the league was one without "The deep threat opposite of T.O." -- It was Crayton

and yes, the Rb's were Barber and julia Jones. Please people. we can get adequate upgrades/replacements with the draft picks we already have. The only blockbuster trade to move up that makes sense to me is Chris Long.

Defense wins Championships. The colts couldn't get over the hump until they got a defense. The most prolific offense in the history of the league was tromped by an outstanding pass rush in this years superbowl. That is what we truly need.
                    so what were good but aging, and barber isn't built to be a 1 back guy. so why not get the best back in a while. we have free agency and round 2 to get a cb and wr. we have a solid, but young front 7. we are the 4th youngest team in the league, and need a youth in fusion to our offense with a wr and rb, and some ol's to groom. we could use a nt and cb as well. but theres no guarantee our 2 firsts pan out either. go get DMAC jerry!!!(at the right price/no barber)

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      I can't believe that so many of you think that the most talented player in this draft will drop to the 7 spot.

He did last year!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                        He did last year!
                        hahaha with the 7th overall pick the Vikings select_______? it can happen! but i still would rather trade up a couple more slots

Comment

• Something that might start to play into peoples hands is the salary cap rumors starting to muster....the contract is up in 2011...and it really looks like from where they are at right now that a deal might be impossible to reach...which brings us back to not having a salary cap...now this is three years down the road...but wouldn't we look like smart people if 3 years down the road the salary cap was gone?

Comment

• idk wat to make of this might just be another dumb DMAC rumor but see for yourself http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=198091 and flozell being tagged? i'll let u guys decide wat 2 make of these http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=198085

Comment

• Originally posted by GDWTheSickness View Post
                              idk wat to make of this might just be another dumb DMAC rumor but see for yourself http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=198091 and flozell being tagged? i'll let u guys decide wat 2 make of these http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=198085

The DMac thing is nothing new, its still the same speculation all from what Mort said, nothing new, and its all a rumor that came from Mort himself throwing out names.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I have a question about letting Flo go and drafting a LT for you guys. You all stated that LT is one of the most pemier positions in the NFL. We have a proven pro-bowler and a team that is ready to win a SB now. He is aging (will be 32), but would you rather have him and spend some money, or draft a rookie LT in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, let him go against Osi and tuck twice a year, or just keep flo and use that pick on a CB or RB?

If we have to franchise flo, do it. Are you really gonna trust someone like carl nicks to protect romo's backside in his ROOKIE YEAR? This team can win a few SB's now. Just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information