Marion the Barbarian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Look, I hope all the best for Free. But my stance is he's not beyond the thought of upgrading.
    Since left tackle is one of the 3 or 4 most important positions in football, I personally would not be opposed to bringing in a premier player to play the position (for this draft, that means Long, and only Long). Anyways, we've already got the other 3 positions locked up with Romo, Ware and Newman.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
      Since left tackle is one of the 3 or 4 most important positions in football, I personally would not be opposed to bringing in a premier player to play the position (for this draft, that means Long, and only Long). Anyways, we've already got the other 3 positions locked up with Romo, Ware and Newman.
      And that is the point to having a Super Bowl type franchise.

LT
      QB
      CB
      Pass Rusher

4 most important spots on this team with this scheme and a place to "BREAK THE BANK"

Comment

• Well.....to me, I think that if our scouting department gets a shot at Long (or any other LT prospect) and they feel that he will be an All-Time, HOF, type player, then you take the guy. But I'm not concerned particularly for our LT position in the immediate future. Flozell is only 31 or 32, and is not showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, he is playing as well now has he has since 2003 (when he played like a truly elite, All-Pro, left tackle). I think he's ok for another two years, though his contract situation might be a problem. He will likely want one more big deal.

But our youth, McQ, Free and Marten present enough promise to make me feel just fine. I seem to be higher than most on McQ, don't know why everyone else isn't, but I think he has Pro Bowl potential at either tackle position, and maybe even inside at G as well. Marten looks like a really good utility type, and Free has great feet and a solid body. You don't have to have Boselli holding down the fort to win. Though, if you get the chance at him, you should take it......just hope we're not getting Mandarich instead.
        Originally posted by 21ST
        He was protecting his self
        Originally posted by tjsunstein
        From what? His leg?
        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
          Well.....to me, I think that if our scouting department gets a shot at Long (or any other LT prospect) and they feel that he will be an All-Time, HOF, type player, then you take the guy. But I'm not concerned particularly for our LT position in the immediate future. Flozell is only 31 or 32, and is not showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, he is playing as well now has he has since 2003 (when he played like a truly elite, All-Pro, left tackle). I think he's ok for another two years, though his contract situation might be a problem. He will likely want one more big deal.

But our youth, McQ, Free and Marten present enough promise to make me feel just fine. I seem to be higher than most on McQ, don't know why everyone else isn't, but I think he has Pro Bowl potential at either tackle position, and maybe even inside at G as well. Marten looks like a really good utility type, and Free has great feet and a solid body. You don't have to have Boselli holding down the fort to win. Though, if you get the chance at him, you should take it......just hope we're not getting Mandarich instead.
          The only reason I wouldn't be high on any of the three tackles we have is because we haven't actually seen them play that much...either in college or the pros. The scouting reports tell us that Long and others are ready, the reports out of training camp are a slightly less indicative. Nevertheless, I was impressed with McQuistan's athleticism to get back upfield and make a play on the Archuletta blocked FG return.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
            The only reason I wouldn't be high on any of the three tackles we have is because we haven't actually seen them play that much...either in college or the pros. The scouting reports tell us that Long and others are ready, the reports out of training camp are a slightly less indicative. Nevertheless, I was impressed with McQuistan's athleticism to get back upfield and make a play on the Archuletta blocked FG return.
            McQ hawked him down...lol...fantastic.

I've seen Free play in a lot of college ball games...he did hold his own against Freeney in the preseason as well...I like the guy. I reallly do feel like we stole him...Jr. year he was being compared to Jordan Gross talent wise...I think Gross went 8th overall. Free fell because, his run blocking was imo, unjustly brought into to question after a stress fractured started to take a toll on him late in the year. Some also questioned his strength...22 bench reps I believe...He has since been noted as packing on a few and being stronger. (In TC atleast) I really love the upside...I want to give him that shot before we go spending insane amounts of money on a different LT. Free was impressive in TC last year and played well in the preseason before suffering the injury...he'll take his lumps but, he has fantastic potential.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

I've seen Free play in a lot of college ball games...he did hold his own against Freeney in the preseason as well...I like the guy. I reallly do feel like we stole him...Jr. year he was being compared to Jordan Gross talent wise...I think Gross went 8th overall. Free fell because, his run blocking was imo, unjustly brought into to question after a stress fractured started to take a toll on him late in the year. Some also questioned his strength...22 bench reps I believe...He has since been noted as packing on a few and being stronger. (In TC atleast) I really love the upside...I want to give him that shot before we go spending insane amounts of money on a different LT. Free was impressive in TC last year and played well in the preseason before suffering the injury...he'll take his lumps but, he has fantastic potential.
              I would not be surprised if either McQuistan or Free is our starting tackle in a couple of years. In fact, I would put my money on it. The only situation where I would want someone else is if we had the chance to get a premier guy. Otherwise, go elsewhere with that pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Last time I saw a Cowboys OL chase down an INT like that his name was Larry Allen.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information