Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Postmortum / Other Thoughts

Offense
    • T.O. is set for a Pro Bowl year. But he had several baffling drops early in the game, before recovering form.
    • Romo has GOT TO stop running with the ball unsecured. He's going to F us over again if he can't make that one small adjustment.
    • Crayton is a TROOPER coming back into the game after the broken finger. What a hideous injury.
    • Sam Hurd continues to improve.
    • Flozell has got to go.
    • I've finally given up on Julius Jones. As stated in the MBIII thread, I'm convinced JJ is cross-eyed. No other explanation.

Defense
    • Spencer was all over the field early on. I think he'll be just fine.
    • Where was Bobby Carpenter? DC.com says he was on the game-day roster, but I didn't see him the entire game. Did he even play?
    • I think Bradie James has played his way back into the hearts and minds of all the doubters here and abroad. He played a great game.
    • God, we need Newman back. Like, posthaste.
    • That said, Henry obviously did his homework this week. His two INTs sealed the game for the 'Boys.

Henry stepped up with those 2 INTs, but he was playing pretty bad zone coverage.

JJ is so bad. Just bad bad bad. Time to give TT some carries.

If this team had a NT, we'd be so damn good.

Happy to see the inside blitz!

Hamlin and Roy coming up with INTs. Oh yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Henry stepped up with those 2 INTs, but he was playing pretty bad zone coverage.

JJ is so bad. Just bad bad bad. Time to give TT some carries.

If this team had a NT, we'd be so damn good.

Happy to see the inside blitz!

Hamlin and Roy coming up with INTs. Oh yeah!
      Ratliff played a hell of a nose. I didn't watch the complete game as I was tuned in on some of the closer matchups. But Ratliff was disruptive all game.

I agree Henry plays weak in a zone. Almost like he can't comprehend. I can't wait to see us not play 10 yard soft coverage at some point this year....that will only make our rush better.

Comment

I like what I've seen from Ratliff, too. Ware, as D said in another thread, has been a little disappointing, he was inches away from two sacks, but he wasn't a major force. Sometimes the Dolphins maintaned 7-8 men blocking, with two on DeMarcus and still were able to complete the pass. That's why I think with Newman back we'll se a lot more sack, especially from Ware and Spencer. You can't expect to run only three routes and get a catch if Newman is out there.
        I really like Spencer, he came along with great plays and he almost got to the QB multiple times. Having Newman back will help him a lot too.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Hi Ladies,

The Good:

1) We are 2-0
          2) Romo limited mistakes
          3) O-Line has spurts of dominance
          4) MBIII, finally the light is going off in folks minds
          5) Our Receivers look to have taken up nicely the Zampese Offense.
          6) Hamlin is playing a decent center field
          7) Bradie James seems to more active behind the LOS
          8) We found "the Player" a role a D -- Check Down Man.
          9) Running game with MBIII inside the red zone (no Marco, thank god)
          10) Vertical passing attack, how about that TE!

The Bad:

1) No pass rush w/o blitz.
          2) DWare, he is a natural SOLB, not a WOLB. Too bad.
          3) Run D is not very good in this new system.
          4) "The Player" still can't cover white on bread.
          5) Flo gotta go. (# Put me down for the Jake Long bandwagon)
          6) Cleveland, 51 points. WTF?
          7) Clock management (a few times the time out usage was baffling)
          8) Yes, Modano, passing game inside the 20. (btw, this seems to be always an issue in the Zampese system)
          9) TO's hands, yuck.
          10) Kosier.

We will see what the O is made of next week.

Have a good one girls.

Comment

Where is the QB pressure? For now I'm going to chalk it up to Phillips not opening up the playbook because he's trying to protect the secondary. But we need to figure out a way to let Ware and Spencer loose. The inside rush was nice, but you cannot do that all day long.

Comment

I can't really add anything to the others except that I'm really concerned with our lack of pass rush. If we had played a good QB yesterday, we might have lost.

I am at a loss why people are down on Flozell. He whipped Jason Taylor's butt all day long.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                I can't really add anything to the others except that I'm really concerned with our lack of pass rush. If we had played a good QB yesterday, we might have lost.

I am at a loss why people are down on Flozell. He whipped Jason Taylor's butt all day long.
                Maybe because he caused us 25 yds in penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                  I like what I've seen from Ratliff, too. Ware, as D said in another thread, has been a little disappointing, he was inches away from two sacks, but he wasn't a major force. Sometimes the Dolphins maintaned 7-8 men blocking, with two on DeMarcus and still were able to complete the pass. That's why I think with Newman back we'll se a lot more sack, especially from Ware and Spencer. You can't expect to run only three routes and get a catch if Newman is out there.
                  I really like Spencer, he came along with great plays and he almost got to the QB multiple times. Having Newman back will help him a lot too.
                  Good news is less blitzing led to better pass coverage and no big plays (against a poor passing team albeit).

Comment

We were dropping Ware into coverage an awful lot, it seemed, and we weren't bringing the big time blitzes that we did against NY. However, you will notice that Green got the ball out fast. That has always been his forte, and I think he is even more that way then in years past since he had his concussion last season. He seems antsy in the pocket, and prematurely lets it loose. That is a part of why we had 4 picks (and could have had 2 more), but also plays a role in why we didn't get many sacks, either.

If order for us to get sacks we are going to have to play a team with a system that gets the ball down the field. If we don't rack up at least 4 sacks against St. Louis or Detroit, then you can worry. Til then, I will be more than happy with what we have done so far.
                    Originally posted by 21ST
                    He was protecting his self
                    Originally posted by tjsunstein
                    From what? His leg?
                    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Oh, and the point that Modano made was a great one. The Dolphins kept in at least 6 guys on nearly every pass play. Ware was getting chipped or straight up double teamed almost every play. There were multiple times when they had 8 men in to block. In other words, they did a lot of max protect. It's hard to get to the QB when you do that.
                      From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                        3) Run D is not very good in this new system.
                        Uh.....21att/61 yards? If that is "not very good" then I don't know what is.

Not only that, but 23 of those came on the first two runs of the second half. And don't forget that we lost the 1 player that most agreed would be the worst position to have an injury at, who happens to also be the #1 guy responsible for stopping the run.

Oh, and not only that, but even in week 1, if Hamlin doesn't miss a horribly easy tackle in the hole against Ward on his 44 yard scamper, we hold them to about 80 yards for that game.

I wouldn't say that there is anything to back up this statement. At least not to this point.
                        From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

OMG, I found the 'ignore list' feature. I'm so happy.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                            Uh.....21att/61 yards? If that is "not very good" then I don't know what is.

Not only that, but 23 of those came on the first two runs of the second half. And don't forget that we lost the 1 player that most agreed would be the worst position to have an injury at, who happens to also be the #1 guy responsible for stopping the run.

Oh, and not only that, but even in week 1, if Hamlin doesn't miss a horribly easy tackle in the hole against Ward on his 44 yard scamper, we hold them to about 80 yards for that game.

I wouldn't say that there is anything to back up this statement. At least not to this point.
                            Considering the quality of RB and OL, I would say there is plenty to back up that statement. But let us talk about mis-using statistics for our D.

10th Worst Rush per Attempt -- 4.3 (Last year 9th Best at 3.9)
                            13th Worst 1st Down % -- 23% (Last year 8th best at 20.5)

(** So we are in the bottom third of the league when last year at the top third **)

Same old -- same old. Mind I add that DMW is baiting me so that he can go run to his friends to ban my posts. LOL.

I have not said a word to anyone. All I said was the run D was not a good thing so far. And without any stats, I can SEE that we are not playing it as well as last year. Mabye losing Fergie (HELLO!) has something to do with it?

OT, DMW after those ghastly names you called me invoking God in that private email, I figured you would just leave Satan alone. Can you please leave me alone? Please? Pretty please?
                            Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-18-2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                              OMG, I found the 'ignore list' feature. I'm so happy.
                              Can you please show me how to use it?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information