Holy shiznits, Tank Johnson!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep its official now...

and i was just gonna say i wouldnt mind doing something like the colts did for mcfarland last yr to sure up their D line...id give up a 3rd for watson if available, or a 2nd if he was young or had potential...

but i guess we see what tank does for us during the stretch...is he allowed to practice at least?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

My question is, does he serve 8 weeks starting from now? Or do the first 2 weeks of the season count. We need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
        He cant have contact with the team until his suspension ends.

I dont hate the move, we need help on the line and at least we're trying to make it better. What's the worst that could happen?
        I'm not so sure. ESPN says he'll have time to learn the position while serving his suspension. You need to have contact w/the team in order to do that, right?

Comment

Oh lord. Let's see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by BX View Post
            Oh lord. Let's see how this plays out.
            It'll be good. No doubt about it in my mind.

Comment

The team can contact the player about his position without it counting as "working out" with the team.

Comment

Not to defend Tank Johnson, but Bear51 comments about keeping loaded guns in a house with children bothers me. I keep a loaded gun in my house at all times and I have a young daughter. That doesn't mean the gun is within her contact, but the fact that it's loaded is neither against the law nor is it a problem in my opinion.

The fact his guns weren't registered is a problem.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

I wonder who we released to make room for Tank.

Comment

I like it. I think it's going to be good. Better him than Ratliff IMO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Since Tank got signed, who gets cut? Or is there a rule about this specific situation (signing a suspended player)?

Comment

Doesn't this make our d-line stronger?

Perhaps not on first down, but Tank is going to be a monster on the nickel and dime.

Comment

Nickel Lineup..

Ware
                          T. Johnson
                          Ratliff
                          Hatcher

Burnett
                          Carpenter / R. Williams

That's outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                            Not to defend Tank Johnson, but Bear51 comments about keeping loaded guns in a house with children bothers me. I keep a loaded gun in my house at all times and I have a young daughter. That doesn't mean the gun is within her contact, but the fact that it's loaded is neither against the law nor is it a problem in my opinion.

The fact his guns weren't registered is a problem.
                            It's not "a" loaded gun. Tank had enough weaponry to start his own militia. Also, some of the weapons he had were illegal, registered or not. Whatever your position on gun control is (and frankly I could care) it's the fact that Tank is so ungodly stupid (as mentioned before) that is the real detriment to him.

I mean...he was on probation...had multipe violations and run-ins with the law, and he was drinking and driving at 4 in the morning. I knew a team would take a flyer on him (not suprisingly the Cowboys) and maybe he will turn his life around...some people do. I wish him no malice or anything of the like. But he doesn't seem like he's got the marbles to realize that being a "thug" and being a professional human being don't mix.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              It's not "a" loaded gun. Tank had enough weaponry to start his own militia. Also, some of the weapons he had were illegal, registered or not. Whatever your position on gun control is (and frankly I could care) it's the fact that Tank is so ungodly stupid (as mentioned before) that is the real detriment to him.

I mean...he was on probation...had multipe violations and run-ins with the law, and he was drinking and driving at 4 in the morning. I knew a team would take a flyer on him (not suprisingly the Cowboys) and maybe he will turn his life around...some people do. I wish him no malice or anything of the like. But he doesn't seem like he's got the marbles to realize that being a "thug" and being a professional human being don't mix.

what free agents have we signed that are "thugs"? cause im not aware of many, unless your throwing him and TO in the same class

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Horrible signing but nothing surprises me with Jerrah GM.

Unless we "are inventorying" Tank for a trade or switching to a newer, more fashionable 4-3, I don't get it.

I am sure nearly everyone thinks it is great but don't count me.

Jerry is the George Steinbrenner of Football. Just sign big names and pray it helps the team and fits the scheme!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information