Holy shiznits, Tank Johnson!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shiznits, Tank Johnson!?

Free agent DT Tank Johnson will visit the Cowboys this week.
    Johnson, who would be eligible to play in Week 9 if he signs with Dallas, would likely be used at nose tackle in Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme. The suspended defensive lineman would help undersized Jay Ratliff fill the void left by Jason Ferguson's season ending injury.
    Source: Dallas Morning News

per rotoworld.

What would he play in your defense? DE or DT?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
      What would he play in your defense? DE or DT?
      ugh he's not a 3-4 DL... he's like dwayne robertson... not big enough to play NT, not tall enough/quick enough to play DE... hopefully he proves me wrong and does well if he goes there
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Bad move, both team and scheme, but not a surprise given our GM.

Tank should go to the Rams or Indy something. Indy could really use him and it is the same system.

Comment

well i guess another body doesnt hurt, being that our D line can use all the help it can get...but i agree he's more of a 4-3 or cover 2 down lineman, not sure how we would even use him

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Don't think that this news isn't a coincidence that we're facing the Bears this weekend. Just another way to steal inside info... the legal way.

I'm not overly excited about him, but we've resuscitated goods in the past with pretty good success. Some damaged (Columbo), some with attitude (TO, Terry Glenn, Hamlin), some that didn't meet expectations (Leonard Davis, Aaron Glen)...

Who knows how it'll turn out, if he's brought aboard? I don't see the harm in trying him out. One thing I have to say... and it's pretty significant, is that I like the players that Wade is bringing in on defense. Guys with a little bit of crazy edge... Hamlin, Spencer and now Tank... It's pretty apparent when you look at the SD defense, that they have that "edge" and swagger. I've been a big proponent that our defense NEEDS that type of attitude and that we've been too, for lack of a better word... nice...or maybe even... soft.

Comment

Tank doesn't have an edge. He lives in the subburbs and keeps loaded guns at his gated house with a bunch of two year olds running around.

There's a difference between being tough and being ******* ********.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Tank doesn't have an edge. He lives in the subburbs and keeps loaded guns at his gated house with a bunch of two year olds running around.

maybe he can threaten the next team into forfiting?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

There's obviously something that went on between you two that I just don't understand. Was it really that painful? If you're still hurt, let it out... let it aaaallll out. Breath slowly... It'll feel better.

:D
                  Last edited by D-Unit; 09-18-2007, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Don't think that this news isn't a coincidence that we're facing the Bears this weekend. Just another way to steal inside info... the legal way.
                    Yeah, maybe. Good theory but tape will show as much as Tank will say anyway. Not like the D of O are very difficult to understand.

I'm not overly excited about him, but we've resuscitated goods in the past with pretty good success. Some damaged (Columbo), some with attitude (TO, Terry Glenn, Hamlin), some that didn't meet expectations (Leonard Davis, Aaron Glen).
                    Yeah, maybe, but there is something different between "bad teammate" and "he plays with guns and his best friends seem to get killed."

Just a little different. But what do I know.

Who knows how it'll turn out, if he's brought aboard? I don't see the harm in trying him out. One thing I have to say... and it's pretty significant, is that I like the players that Wade is bringing in on defense. Guys with a little bit of crazy edge... Hamlin, Spencer and now Tank... It's pretty apparent when you look at the SD defense, that they have that "edge" and swagger. I've been a big proponent that our defense NEEDS that type of attitude and that we've been too, for lack of a better word... nice...or maybe even... soft.
                    Rather be the Patriots D (boring and smart) than the Chargers (athletic and stupid). Unfortunately we are boring, stupid and not quite as athletic on D so far.

But hey, it is all about results. Swagger or not.... put for dough and drive for show.

Comment

There's obviously something that went on between you two that I just don't understand. Was it really that painful? If you're still hurt, let it out... let it aaaallll out. Breath slowly... It'll feel better.:D
                      Maybe they met as cell mates in the Pen. Long lasting emotion bonds (scars).

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                        Yeah, maybe. Good theory but tape will show as much as Tank will say anyway. Not like the D of O are very difficult to understand.

Yeah, maybe, but there is something different between "bad teammate" and "he plays with guns and his best friends seem to get killed."

Just a little different. But what do I know.

Rather be the Patriots D (boring and smart) than the Chargers (athletic and stupid). Unfortunately we are boring, stupid and not quite as athletic on D so far.

But hey, it is all about results. Swagger or not.... put for dough and drive for show.
                        I never thought of them that way... But I'd always take smarts over athleticism. The major difference between those teams and ours is the DL. Ours is weak. W-E-A-K. Been saying that since the offseason. This is a move to try to improve it. I really don't care about personal issues unless they make us lose.

Comment

I really don't care about personal issues unless they make us lose.
                          Unfortunately, you don't find out about personal issue till after you lose.

Personally, I don't think Tank is a bad guy. I just think he is really stupid and arrogant.

I also think he is a 1% fit for this Defense.

I also think that if this desparate would it not make more sense to use a 2 or 3 to go get a 2nd or 3rd year NT who might be ready to play but is lagging behind in a scheme situation or is behind a star.

Gabe Watson maybe? Dockett and Branch got the DT spot locked down in AZ.

On the Chargers v Patriots -- yes, I perceive the SD players all wanna be "lights out ESPN freaks." To me it explains McCree screwing up last year thinking he would take an INT "to the house" when all he needed to do was fall down. But talent wise -- SD.
                          Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

He cant have contact with the team until his suspension ends.

I dont hate the move, we need help on the line and at least we're trying to make it better. What's the worst that could happen?

Comment

NFL Live just reported Tank signed a 2 year deal with the cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information