Aren't you glad we didn't....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't you glad we didn't....

Draft Winston Justice as many of you had wanted.

He was torched for 6 sacks on Monday night by Usi ALONE. That's more than Pettiti gave up in any 3 game span during his terrible season. Justice looked absolutely terrible and this isn't even his rookie season.

For every bad pick we've made (Jacobs) we've also avoided some others (Justice). It all works out in the end.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

He made Tucker/Petitti look like probowlers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

The guy was on an island vs. Osi, they almost never gave him help. I would be happy we don't have the Eagles coaches. If we left Flo on Osi by himself for most of the game, then he would get torched also. Same with Pettiti, you can't even compare. Pettiti was on the right side, and getting constant help.

Comment

I don't think there were many people who wanted him.

Just me.

...and I own up to that.

Makes me a little happier to have Carpenter. :)

One question. Do you think yesterday's performance will ruin the rest of his career? I mean, is he done for?

Comment

I don't think he's done for, but I think he's Just-A-Guy. He has the tools but not the desire. The NFL is full of guys who are the right size / strength. Without the desire he'll never be anything nearing average.

As for the Flozell on an island vs. Osi comment by fryman......you're smoking something if you think flo gets torched like that. Flo is a top 10 LT in the league and NEVER gets man handled by anyone. He does get beat, but he's never given up more than 2 sacks in one game to a player, much less 6. That performance by Justice is on par with one of the worst in HISTORY.

Designs by Thule

I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
            I don't think he's done for, but I think he's Just-A-Guy. He has the tools but not the desire. The NFL is full of guys who are the right size / strength. Without the desire he'll never be anything nearing average.

As for the Flozell on an island vs. Osi comment by fryman......you're smoking something if you think flo gets torched like that. Flo is a top 10 LT in the league and NEVER gets man handled by anyone. He does get beat, but he's never given up more than 2 sacks in one game to a player, much less 6. That performance by Justice is on par with one of the worst in HISTORY.
            Justice didn't give up 6 either, I think he gave up 4. I don't think Flo would give up as many, but if he gets as little help against Osi he is giving up 2 or 3. And like you say Flo is one of the better LTs.

Comment

Even if Flo is on an island, he doesn't give up 3 sacks to Osi. Flo wouldn't give up 3 sacks in a game versus Reggie White. The difference in Flo's game versus Justices game is a very wide chasm.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                Even if Flo is on an island, he doesn't give up 3 sacks to Osi. Flo wouldn't give up 3 sacks in a game versus Reggie White. The difference in Flo's game versus Justices game is a very wide chasm.
                All I am saying is he wasn't as bad as it sounds. I wouldn't say this game is much of an indication of how he will turn out. He obviously still has a ways to go before he could be a good starter in this league, but there is no way I would call him a bust yet.

Comment

Flo does not get bull rushed by 260 lb DE.

Winston has much to learn but frankly he looked as if he had no knee bend and poor upper body conditioning.

Comment

What was so funny was that Osi very rarely used any moves, strictly a bull-rush into justice and pushed him into the qb, i mean i would like to think a LT would have more lower body strength then that but I guess not...He did look pitiful out there, and terribly weak

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      He made Tucker/Petitti look like probowlers.
                      Is Tucker still in the league?

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        Is Tucker still in the league?
                        I heard he was on Oakland...not 100% sure, though.

edit...nvm...i just checked...he's not.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information