Nick Folk???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    Yet it is perfectly accepted (and practiced) behaviour to bring up who we should have drafted instead of Carpenter, or Spears, or whomever based on what we know now? Debating who is a bust and how the team has drafted and who they missed on and who should have been drafted instead is 80% of what goes on on this site and that's perfectly accepted. When I point out that we actually drafted a player that worked out, it some how offends you?
    Maybe I misunderstood you... or maybe you're just tweaking your stance to make your case sound justified.... whatevers... Or maybe since the last time you created that thread "Aren't you glad we didn't draft Winston Justice like many of you wanted", I stood up and admitted that I wanted him. This just sounded like the same thing, even though, you may not have meant it to. I admitted I wanted Justice and I always stand up when I am wrong... but in this case, I was happy with the Folk pick from the start.

I also said Marshawn Lynch would be a better RB than AD in the NFL and so far I look to be wrong on that one as well. We'll see though. I still think it's only a matter of time before AD is taken out of commission because of his upright running style. *Hopefully it doesn't happen* Just saying... right now AD looks like a hero early in his career.

Comment

I love the Folk hero, but can not claim I wanted him. I doubt I had heard of him.
      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

I wanted a kicker day two. I didn't think Crosby would be available so I did bring up Folks name...and also threw in that he would have the size to block for a botched snap :P

Draft day I was surprised to see us draft folk over crosby...but a handful of scouts had him rated higher. Mosley was the guy who really seemed to be high on him. So I liked the pick from the start but I definately can't say that I called it.

Comment

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

D, calm down dude, all he is doing is pointing out how we made a great decision on draft day. Don't be so touchy. The posters who were pushing the idea of Crosby in the 3rd were always off their rocker, and plenty of people said so at the time, including myself. But the main thing here is to glorify in how we got what looks like the next NFC Pro Bowl PK for the next 10 years without spending a premium pick to get him.

Sorry Lynch, sorry, McGee, sorry Schobel and Whitner, but THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!
            Originally posted by 21ST
            He was protecting his self
            Originally posted by tjsunstein
            From what? His leg?
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
              D, calm down dude, all he is doing is pointing out how we made a great decision on draft day. Don't be so touchy. The posters who were pushing the idea of Crosby in the 3rd were always off their rocker, and plenty of people said so at the time, including myself. But the main thing here is to glorify in how we got what looks like the next NFC Pro Bowl PK for the next 10 years without spending a premium pick to get him.

You're too late. I already said it was a misunderstanding. But he lead me to believe it because of his "Winston Justice in your face" thread, which I owned up to. He got credit for shoving that in my face and I thought this was him trying to do the same type of thing all over again.

Comment

Oh, then soak it in and smile, bro. :D

We just had a win for the ages!
                Originally posted by 21ST
                He was protecting his self
                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                From what? His leg?
                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Fanchise kicker, I think.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can anyone tell me how the officials can review the to catch after another play has been ran by way of the spike, not that it matters now, but i was so pissed at the time.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
                        Can anyone tell me how the officials can review the to catch after another play has been ran by way of the spike, not that it matters now, but i was so pissed at the time.

Yeah I caught that too, as a matter of fact Brad Johnson was on the field asking the ref that very question. I have no idea what he told him but but they went to reveiw. Wonder what would have happened if he didnt spike the ball in time?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                          Yeah I caught that too, as a matter of fact Brad Johnson was on the field asking the ref that very question. I have no idea what he told him but but they went to reveiw. Wonder what would have happened if he didnt spike the ball in time?
                          I brought that up to my friend when i was going crazy on the phone, that ball was spiked WAY too quickly for the buz to had already gone through, after awhile it became evident they were trying to hose us...i was almost willing to bet money, if we didnt spike the ball in time, I bet you they would of acted like they didnt get to review the play in time, they would just said we snapped the ball too quick or the game clock ran out, only reason they probably reviewed it is because it benefited us if they didnt

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information