Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Folk???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick Folk???

    Anyone here still think we should have drafted Mason Crosby?

    Oh, and btw, that Timeout Rule is F'ing ****!

    Designs by Thule



    Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

  • #2
    Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    Anyone here still think we should have drafted Mason Crosby?

    Oh, and btw, that Timeout Rule is F'ing ****!
    Dude i dont even know what to think right now. But I'll take it! JESUS CHRIST. What an adrenaline RUSH.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
      Anyone here still think we should have drafted Mason Crosby?

      Oh, and btw, that Timeout Rule is F'ing ****!
      Why do you keep bringing up these threads? Weren't you the one that wanted Crosby? I could've sworn it.

      Comment


      • #4
        I now solemnly forever forsake my heathen desires for Mason Crosby.

        Nick Folk, now and forever.

        Comment


        • #5
          That TO rule will be addressed in the off-season. It's f'n lame!!!

          I think i made the call the draft Folk....just kidding. Never heard of the kid until we took him, but thank god we did.

          Comment


          • #6
            Folk is my hero.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Why do you keep bringing up these threads? Weren't you the one that wanted Crosby? I could've sworn it.
              I wholeheartedly did not want to draft Crosby. I thought drafting a kicker on the first day was extremely dumb (almost everyone had Crosby going in the second or third round).

              And as for why I bring up threads like this, it's simple. People constantly say 'we shoulda drafted so and so, look what we missed out on', I'm trying to bring the other side of the argument to play. For every player we missed on, there is a player or two that we hit on. It's the counter-to-the-bust argument.

              Designs by Thule



              Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                I wholeheartedly did not want to draft Crosby. I thought drafting a kicker on the first day was extremely dumb (almost everyone had Crosby going in the second or third round).

                And as for why I bring up threads like this, it's simple. People constantly say 'we shoulda drafted so and so, look what we missed out on', I'm trying to bring the other side of the argument to play. For every player we missed on, there is a player or two that we hit on. It's the counter-to-the-bust argument.
                I think I remember LSU saying we shouldn't take a Kicker in day one. I shared that sentiment with him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  To all the Crosby critics...

                  How would you like it if we could kick FGs from the 50 yard line? Crosby can nail those as proven at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He was hitting 70 yarders. Talk about a game changer... Not too mention, we wouldn't have to worry to much about special teams coverage on kick offs as he'll sail those deep in the endzone.
                  ........I know, I know, just giving you crap.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                    I wholeheartedly did not want to draft Crosby. I thought drafting a kicker on the first day was extremely dumb (almost everyone had Crosby going in the second or third round).

                    And as for why I bring up threads like this, it's simple. People constantly say 'we shoulda drafted so and so, look what we missed out on', I'm trying to bring the other side of the argument to play. For every player we missed on, there is a player or two that we hit on. It's the counter-to-the-bust argument.
                    If you look at the post draft thread, only Staubach and nrcirc wanted Crosby. A lot of guys didn't post anything (you, thule, moth, etc).

                    To me these types of threads are all about building up self pride. I don't like them. Making a comment in a thread is one thing, but starting a thread is overdoing it, imo.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow, so much emotion over this thread. There were numerous posters on this Cowboys board talking up Crosby.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        If you look at the post draft thread, only Staubach and nrcirc wanted Crosby. A lot of guys didn't post anything (you, thule, moth, etc).

                        To me these types of threads are all about building up self pride. I don't like them. Making a comment in a thread is one thing, but starting a thread is overdoing it, imo.
                        Still trying to figure out how it's self pride considering I neither a) said I wanted to draft Nick Folk (I didn't want to draft him) or b) claimed that not drafting Mason Crosby in the 6th was a good idea (I didn't want a kicker to be drafted at all).

                        Just for the record, I didn't want to draft Anthony Spencer either and he's playing quite well at the moment. Would that be self pride too?

                        Designs by Thule



                        Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                          Still trying to figure out how it's self pride considering I neither a) said I wanted to draft Nick Folk (I didn't want to draft him) or b) claimed that not drafting Mason Crosby in the 6th was a good idea (I didn't want a kicker to be drafted at all).

                          Just for the record, I didn't want to draft Anthony Spencer either and he's playing quite well at the moment. Would that be self pride too?
                          A lot of people don't know who claimed what a long time ago. These kinds of threads just send the inclination that you did and others didn't. I don't know how you don't see that. Pride is probably the wrong word, but whatevers, like I said before... I'm on too much of a high to let this bother me too much.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            A lot of people don't know who claimed what a long time ago. These kinds of threads just send the inclination that you did and others didn't. I don't know how you don't see that. Pride is probably the wrong word, but whatevers, like I said before... I'm on too much of a high to let this bother me too much.
                            Yet it is perfectly accepted (and practiced) behaviour to bring up who we should have drafted instead of Carpenter, or Spears, or whomever based on what we know now? Debating who is a bust and how the team has drafted and who they missed on and who should have been drafted instead is 80% of what goes on on this site and that's perfectly accepted. When I point out that we actually drafted a player that worked out, it some how offends you?

                            Designs by Thule



                            Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I didnt care, and i didnt know who was better...but look at crosby sunday nite, he wasnt bad either...whose to say he didnt nail those kicks too...both will probably make great fg kickers and are some of the best kickers right now in the league....


                              im more then happy with folk though, i hated how vanderjagt was a choker, and he wouldnt last with these timeout rules, and gramatica fell off, so for this to turn out and have the punter and kicker we do is a blessing...I have folk on all of my fantasy teams too, so im definately living it up :)





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information