No announcement yet.

Week 6: Cowboys vs. Patriots Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are being too critical of the DB's, they lined up with 3 or 4 WR's all day, thats hard to cover, no matter who you are. And when we did cover, they drop it to a short pass because everyone was dropped back in coverage. That is great playcalling and field vision by Brady, you cant stop that if you had an All-Pro defense.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

• Yea I give credit to some of our DB's but we were asking alot of our guys to do it for 60 minutes, I thought Reeves played well, yes he made a horrible play on stallworth in man to man coverage, but he also made alot of nice breakups, on that moss td they called back he stayed with him and had good position, and overall I liked what I saw from him...Especially when we can move him back to the slot with Henry back, also I thought Newman played well, he was explosive(more so then he has been this year up to this date) and looks to be getting healthier, our defense was just on the field entirely too long...

Yea that holding penalty does suck, offense had momentum, we were driving, and I expected us to score on that drive too..If we dont get more disciplined we will keep losing games we should win, all the players love Wade being so laid back but we are definately lacking discipline

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• You know what, im sick of rotating running backs. Whoever is having the better game should get the bulk of the carries instead of taking JJ out when he's finally doing good or vice versa.

And what the hell was Ken Hamlin doing, he bit on every play action. We might just have to draft Kenny Phillips after seeing that game.

We also need to draft a Replacement for Kyle Kosier. He did terrible.

Im starting to think Anthony Spencer aint that good. He just aint quick off the snap.

Roy Williams played excellent tho, props to him.

Nate Jones and Reeves didnt play as bad as some of you are saying. Against any other receiving group they woulda done alot better.

I really hope Terry Glenn comes back. I recall Tony Romo prefering to throw to him over T.O.

After watching that game tho, there is no doubt in my mind that we will make the supebowl. And if we have Anthony Henry, Terry Glenn, and Tank Johnson available we might jus win.

Comment

• Hamlin did have his worst game of his season. While I'm not overly concerned it does bring up the question.

Comment

• What I took away from the Pats/Boys game:

1) Hamlin is NOT the answer at FS - he was burned 3 times, 2 for TD's (would have been more if Brady had hit his receiver) and can't cover a Slot/TE for the life of him. He bit on every one of the Play Action routes that the Patriots ran even though they had 10 carries for 15 yards.

2) Marion da f'ing Barbarian is the hungriest player on our team

3) We lack discipline - 11 penatlies, 10 of them legitimate - that cost us the game more then anything else. We had 4 big plays brought back on penalties and it kept stalling our drives.

4) Wade Phillips is still trying to find his groove on the offensive side. It was 4th & 1 on our side of the field and he goes for it and converts (brought back by holding penalty on Kosier) but on 4th and 1 on their side of the field, he kicks the FG when we're down by 17...

5) When it comes to the Performance:Compensation ratio, we have one of the worst Defensive Backfields in the NFL. Roy W. should be kept in the box at all costs as he's a liability in the backfield. Terrence Newman is the only one holding up his end of the bargain but is only at 80-85% - Ken Hamlin is worthless in coverage and tries to imitate Roy too much.

6) Our offense can't wait till the 2nd Quarter to decide it wants to play - we need to start putting together drives and scoring points on our first and 2nd drives or we'll never make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

All-in-all I think we played a great game and proved we can compete with the elite, but we're not at that level yet. We have 10 games to get in gear, fix our discipline problems, and get to that level. I don't think we have a shot at winning the SB this year, but we have a great foundation to build upon and make a run next year.
            Last edited by MaddHatter; 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM.

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

• All I gotta say is, I thought it was pretty classless of Bellichick to rub it in and go for it on 4th down and score the TD.

But its not surprising, he's never been a classy guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSlay4 View Post
                You know what, im sick of rotating running backs. Whoever is having the better game should get the bulk of the carries instead of taking JJ out when he's finally doing good or vice versa.
                I agree.

And what the hell was Ken Hamlin doing, he bit on every play action. We might just have to draft Kenny Phillips after seeing that game.
                Not quite concerned as your are........... yet

We also need to draft a Replacement for Kyle Kosier. He did terrible.
                Never liked his signing from the start. Damn BP O-Linemen suck.

Im starting to think Anthony Spencer aint that good. He just aint quick off the snap.
                Wade Phillips was hoping he'd be his version of Shaun Phillips??? That's hilarious. I'm with you, Spencer has a lot of progress ahead of him. A LOT.

Roy Williams played excellent tho, props to him.
                I thought the same. But I didn't see enough speed off the edge when he was called to blitz

Nate Jones and Reeves didnt play as bad as some of you are saying. Against any other receiving group they woulda done alot better.
                I'm ready to ship 'em out.

I really hope Terry Glenn comes back. I recall Tony Romo prefering to throw to him over T.O.
                It did seem like that at times, but I think Romo was just taking what the defense gave. We are missing that deep threat. Crayton is not burning it up the sidelines anymore.

After watching that game tho, there is no doubt in my mind that we will make the supebowl. And if we have Anthony Henry, Terry Glenn, and Tank Johnson available we might jus win.
                Remember the Patriots didn't have Laurence Maroney, Richard Seymour and Ben Watson and Sammy Morris left the game.
                Bold remarks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  All I gotta say is, I thought it was pretty classless of Bellichick to rub it in and go for it on 4th down and score the TD.

But its not surprising, he's never been a classy guy.
                  What was funny was watching him on the sidelines with the board and marking pen talking to his linebackers. I thought he was trying too hard to put on a show to get people to start thinking that he's a coach and not a cheater. He knew the stage was big and the cameras would be on him like they were. That play on his board looked so phony and his expressions were so classic. I had to laugh out loud and point my finger at him. Cheater.

Comment

• I'm sorry but, Reeves did not have a good game...he was getting beat all day and he is incredibly weak in zone coverage. He only made one good play all day, on a pass break up intended for Moss...other than that, he was awful. Reeves is nothing more than a 4th corner, and Jones should never be on our actual defense, he is nothing more than a ST guy. We def. need an upgrade...I say ship Reeves and Jones out and bring in a vet or two and use a high draft pick on another corner. We need a lot of help at the position. Granted, most corners would struggle against the Pats but, these guys arent good players to begin with.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I don't think Jones or Reeves are terrible, but I do think they are very replaceable. Corners like that are a dime a dozen. Both have been in the league long enough to know that they aren't getting to another level of play anytime soon. I think this game clearly shows how much we need quality CB's via the draft and/or FA.

I also think that teams are realizing that Witten is the key to the passing game not TO. I don't think it's a secret that TO isn't reliable enough to be the 'go to' guy on a regular basis. This just exemplifies the fact that we need TG back in the lineup. I don't know if or when he's coming back but until he does any team with an ability to match up against Witten will give our offense problems.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Im in the minority in thinking Reeves isnt that bad, Jones is another story though...I felt like we were asking ALOT of Reeves, to cover guys like Moss, Stallworth and Welker, hell Stallworth is a #1 on most teams and he's not a guy who can cover the best wr on the field, bring back henry, and I actually like Reeves in our dime packages, I still feel like we need a guy in FA to come in, just someone decent, and id like to keep Reeves, on the moss td that was called back he had good position and stayed wit him, but we were asking the guy to cover some of the best wrs in the nfl, I wouldnt say he's trash for not shutting down guys...

alot of times his coverage was due to pressure, if we dont get pressure he's out there by himself, I mean who here honestly expects Reevs to cover Stallworth one on on, with Brady throwing and no pressure, ANY db probably gets beat, so I wouldnt put so much blame on him

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• 1) Reeves is pretty good. Jones does suck.
                          2) Roy and Hamlin are fairly bad coverage safeties, be it zone or man
                          3) We neeed to learn to play zone Defense. Burnett and Carpenter need more snaps.
                          4) We need to run the ball more. Garrett kind of got carried away versus the pass when the Pats where playing 7 in the box -- and the seven was Harrison.

Frankly if the Pass D had done something and Garrett had kept running more, we had a chance.

Hopefully we learn for the future.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information