A.D.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.D.

As per D-unit let me just say last year there was a healthy debate about trading up for Adrian Peterson and I was one of the ones wanting it to happen. Lets just say we missed out. What a stud.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Woah, woah, now. To do that, we'd have to miss out on Spencer, James Marten, Doug Free, and not to mention The Browns' first round pick this year, which could turn out to be McFadden, who is a better prospect that AD. We did the right thing.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I agree with Staubach

Comment

16 for 231 3 t.d.s at Chicago. Speaks for itself.
        Surefire Rookie of the year. Mcfadden is not as good as Adrian and even if he is, were not going to get him either it doesnt look like.
        Last edited by pocketaces; 10-14-2007, 03:55 PM.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
          As per D-unit let me just say last year there was a healthy debate about trading up for Adrian Peterson and I was one of the ones wanting it to happen. Lets just say we missed out. What a stud.
          Trade up with what ammo? It was a stupid thought to even think we had a chance to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
            16 for 231 3 t.d.s at Chicago. Speaks for itself.
            Surefire Rookie of the year. Mcfadden is not as good as Adrian and even if he is, were not going to get him either it doesnt look like.
            One player really is not that important, we have a great running game right now, and even I think that AD will be better then Run DMC but you act like you cant win the super bowl unless you have the best rb that came along in the past 5 years, and thats the goal to win the super bowl

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Trade up with what ammo? It was a stupid thought to even think we had a chance to get him.
              If you guys traded up from 22, then you would have had to give up most of last year's draft and some of this year's draft. You would have probably given up your future in exchange to a complimentary RB in Peterson. D-Unit was correct for criticizing Dallas fans who wanted to see it happen. I think it would have been the worst move of the draft (much worse than Ted Ginn).

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Nope, our 1st and 2nd plus our 2nd next year could have moved us up to 7. The only reason it was being descussed was because Jerry said he was looking at trading up to the top 10. If he was thinking it I'm sure he felt like he had the ammo. IMO it would have been worth it, but thats just me.

Comment

#1 DMAC is a better prospect than AD, although not by much.

#2 No way we're in a position to draft DMAC if Cleveland wins more than 6 games.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                  I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                    #1 DMAC is a better prospect than AD, although not by much.
                    thats your opinion, and it really could be argued the other way...The only knock on peterson was his injury history, as far as physically there havent been many like him

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'm not saying we're going to get the Mac, but we could. There is a chance.

BoneKrusher

Comment

D-Mac is not the better prospect. He's the next best thing...and i still want him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

I would take AD right now in exchange for Spencer, Eric Wright (our second rounder) and Marten, which would likely have gotten us up there. Remember, the Vikes didn't really want to go RB, but felt they had to take him because he was clearly the BPA. They're happy now, but at the time I think they would have been tickled to move down, get a high quality player at a position they needed more (DE, QB, WR--Bowe--S) and build more depth in their team.

Still, this is going to be just as fun because we get to scout top college players we covet and get our hopes up through the season while still having a team that is in contention. You can't beat that.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                            I would take AD right now in exchange for Spencer, Eric Wright (our second rounder) and Marten, which would likely have gotten us up there. Remember, the Vikes didn't really want to go RB, but felt they had to take him because he was clearly the BPA. They're happy now, but at the time I think they would have been tickled to move down, get a high quality player at a position they needed more (DE, QB, WR--Bowe--S) and build more depth in their team.

Still, this is going to be just as fun because we get to scout top college players we covet and get our hopes up through the season while still having a team that is in contention. You can't beat that.
                            I would make that trade also. AD is averaging over 6 ypc and doing so with a terrible Q.B. Leading the league in rushing, even though they have had a bye week. Can you imagine what he would be doing here? I know Jerry was thinking about it, I wish he would have pulled the trigger.:(

Comment

Would we have beaten the Patriots if we had Adrian Peterson?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information