Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth about the Cowboys that people don't wanna hear...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
    DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA...it's all for your momma!!!!

Everyone here is blowing this game out of proportion!!!
    Nope. I think this loss is good for us, It will help us in the long run. This isnt the type of game that you can come in and 100% believe you are going to win, as a fan. This just shows us that we still have a lot of work to do. Hey, fully healthy 10+ weeks from now...we may be able to take them in the Super Bowl.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Our D-Line and MLB were great against the run today. They forced a bunch of 3rd downs. We couldn't get a stop because, Jacque Reeves and Nate Jones are garbage. Our Nickel defense is downright horrible when we don't Henry or Newman...Jones shouldn't be on the field.
      I don't see enough hunger in the DL. I don't see enough talent or smarts a MLB. I'll give them credit for stopping the run when they did. However, they didn't do it when it really counted. They owned us on 3rd down. They made 11 third downs and were 2 for 2 on fourth down. We had no force to counter their moves.

Reeves and Jones are pathetic. I'm not going to ignore them from the blame. However, they are supposed to be back ups. I'm trying to focus the blame on our starters who are inefficient.

Comment

We need to just scrap Jones and Reeves this off-season. Bring in a vet or two and a high draft pick (1st or 2nd rounder).

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I don't see enough hunger in the DL. I don't see enough talent or smarts a MLB. I'll give them credit for stopping the run when they did. However, they didn't do it when it really counted. They owned us on 3rd down. They made 11 third downs and were 2 for 2 on fourth down. We had no force to counter their moves.

Reeves and Jones are pathetic. I'm not going to ignore them from the blame. However, they are supposed to be back ups. I'm trying to focus the blame on our starters who are inefficient.
          Well, your placing the blame in the wrong place. The majority of their 3rd down conversions came through the air...when Reeves, Jones, and sometimes Ellis were in coverage. More blame should be placed on these three more so than any other, imo. We have depth problems and it def. needs to be addressed. Our starters played well for the most part...the nickel defense used on third downs was the problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Nope. I think this loss is good for us, It will help us in the long run. This isnt the type of game that you can come in and 100% believe you are going to win, as a fan. This just shows us that we still have a lot of work to do. Hey, fully healthy 10+ weeks from now...we may be able to take them in the Super Bowl.
            Let's vow not to talk about the SB until Julius Jones and MB3 swap roles and our defense proves that their early success wasn't a fluke.

Really MB3 should be the one softening up the defense for JJ. I think we saw the effectiveness of that today. JJ started off terrible. Just terrible. When MB3 came in, he broke down their D and humbled them a bit. JJ came in late in the game and busted those 2 nice runs before transforming back into that shell of a RB he calls himself.

Wish we had our Defensive MVP Anthony Henry out there today. Newman got toasted more than I like to see.

Comment

Let's vow not to talk about the SB until Julius Jones and MB3 swap roles and our defense proves that their early success wasn't a fluke.

Really MB3 should be the one softening up the defense for JJ. I think we saw the effectiveness of that today. JJ started off terrible. Just terrible. When MB3 came in, he broke down their D and humbled them a bit. JJ came in late in the game and busted those 2 nice runs before transforming back into that shell of a RB he calls himself.

Wish we had our Defensive MVP Anthony Henry out there today. Newman got toasted more than I like to see.
              Honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing it that way. Julius looked like a man tonight...havent seen that from him since his rookie year. I still doubt that would happen. You can't really say he reverted back to that shell of an RB...he only had like 6 carries, who knows what he would have done, given more touches. Let's hope we see that player next week against a better run defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Well, your placing the blame in the wrong place. The majority of their 3rd down conversions came through the air...when Reeves, Jones, and sometimes Ellis were in coverage. More blame should be placed on these three more so than any other, imo. We have depth problems and it def. needs to be addressed. Our starters played well for the most part...the nickel defense used on third downs was the problem.
                I think it's no secret that the way to beat the Patriots is to rattle Tom Brady. He left the game with a clean jersey. Considering how easily he goes down, it's sad we didn't get more pressure on him.

Comment

Honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing it that way. Julius looked like a man tonight...havent seen that from him since his rookie year. I still doubt that would happen. You can't really say he reverted back to that shell of an RB...he only had like 6 carries, who knows what he would have done, given more touches. Let's hope we see that player next week against a better run defense.
                  Let's not get carried away. He had 2 good runs.

Comment

Let's not get carried away. He had 2 good runs.
                    haha...yes but, they were pretty. You should have heard me screaming. I miss that player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I think it's no secret that the way to beat the Patriots is to rattle Tom Brady. He left the game with a clean jersey. Considering how easily he goes down, it's sad we didn't get more pressure on him.
                      We got decent pressure...just couldnt get him down that much. We gave him more pressure than he's seen all year...we did better than the Chargers in this department. It still wasnt enough though, that team is just too good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Funny how Roy went at his knees on the first series and he didn't get flustered at all.

Comment

haha...yes but, they were pretty. You should have heard me screaming. I miss that player.

Im all for JJ getting the rock, id have to be stupid if I said he didnt make our team better, change of pace, reminds of the colts with Addai and Rhodes...Barber is so strong and Jones is fast, but im REALLY not feeling keeping jones in inside the 10, it makes our offense work differenty, I dont see any way in hell the Pats stop us inside the 10 with our O line and pounding it with Barber, but when Jones is in we tend to pass down there alot more, and I dont agree with that at all...

That was working, clearly their D line could not keep up with Barber and our O line, that was our one advantage point that I saw, one series we start with barber and get a 3 or 4 yd run, then we go 2 straight passes and punt, then everyone wonders why our D was tired...I think JJ had 6 carries and Barber had 8, if we dont get one or both around 15 at least were going to hurt our defense, Barber is the type of back that doesnt even really get effective until he hits around 17 carries, he makes their D tired, keeps our D fresh, keeps Brady off the field...

I didnt think it was smart to air it out so much every time we got on the field and try to score quickly, we had the lead in the 3rd, at that point im going to try and get the run game really going, and its not like they ever proved they could stop us, had Barber kept pounding and pounding, Jones would of broke a long one I guarantee it, but you cant expect to get either guy going under 8 carries, thats ridiculous...Play calling has got to stop being so fancy, run the damn ball, obviously our O line is alot better at that then they are pass blocking

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Let's hear your truths. Here's mine.

1. The Defensive Line is simply inadequate. I can't emphasize this enough. Everything on defense starts up front. Jay Ratliff is a back up DE forced to play NT but he's no more talented than a spot starter at NT. Few more weeks before we find out if Tank Johnson can help us out there. Marcus Spears is a complete bust! Jason Hatcher is no more valuable than Kenyon Coleman ever was. He displays no flashes of upside. I see him no better than a career backup. Chris Canty is a stable player, but not a playmaker. If Dallas ever expects to become a better team it's going to have to start from the trenches. Right now, any success shown is merely fools gold. Every good defense has at least 1 or 2 guys up front that can wreak havoc. Dallas has 0.
                            I think I would rate them a bit higher than you. They are definately not getting enough pressure. However, our run defense has been very good. And if you listen to Wade's press conferences, he has said many times, his first objective is to stop teams from running the football. Spears has been very disappointing.

2. Bradie James and Akin Ayodele are not good enough. Everyone thinks our LB unit is set and we don't need to address it. Well I say Bull S***! We need to find a way to get better play out of them or cut them. I hope our front office won't look past them when they look to upgrade our defense. In fact, I hope Wade is smart enough to realize that he needs to start fading them out and fading Burnett and Carpenter in more. The trade mark of a successful defense starts with the leadership and inspiration play at the middle linebacker position. The Dallas ILBs are just a mirage. They look like they're out there, but there not.
                            Good enough for what? I think they are adequate. I would like to upgrade this position on the first day of the draft next year.

3. Roy Williams coverage skills are improving. Roy hasn't been beat deep all year. Nobody has recognized that. He got beat on one incredible pass by Tom Brady to Ben Watson today, but his coverage was tight. After he took out Watson, no TE became a factor for them.
                            The problem with Roy is that he is paid like an impact player. I agree that he hasn't gotten beat badly in a while, but he's not being paid as an average NFL safety.

4. Kyle Kosier needs to be replaced. We should be looking at OG in FA and/or the first day of the draft. He's just another example of how poor Bill Parcells evaluates Offensive Lineman. I honestly didn't like his signing from the start.
                            I would like to have another nasty guard to line up next to Flo. However, I think you're being a bit harsh on KK. He's our worst starter, but those 4 other guys are pretty good.

5. Anthony Fasano needs to be used better. He has the talent to be a real weapon out there. It's on Garrett to know how to utilize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He's the type of player that with more playing time, will limit his mistakes and use his smarts to be a really irritating player for defenses to have to pay attention to.
                            Agreed.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Let's hear your truths. Here's mine.

1. The Defensive Line is simply inadequate. I can't emphasize this enough. Everything on defense starts up front. Jay Ratliff is a back up DE forced to play NT but he's no more talented than a spot starter at NT. Few more weeks before we find out if Tank Johnson can help us out there. Marcus Spears is a complete bust! Jason Hatcher is no more valuable than Kenyon Coleman ever was. He displays no flashes of upside. I see him no better than a career backup. Chris Canty is a stable player, but not a playmaker. If Dallas ever expects to become a better team it's going to have to start from the trenches. Right now, any success shown is merely fools gold. Every good defense has at least 1 or 2 guys up front that can wreak havoc. Dallas has 0.
                              After the NE Game, I have to disagre. Our DL was solid and got some solid pressure on Brady playing against one of the best OLines in the AFC - they also completely shut down any run game NE tried.

2. Bradie James and Akin Ayodele are not good enough. Everyone thinks our LB unit is set and we don't need to address it. Well I say Bull S***! We need to find a way to get better play out of them or cut them. I hope our front office won't look past them when they look to upgrade our defense. In fact, I hope Wade is smart enough to realize that he needs to start fading them out and fading Burnett and Carpenter in more. The trade mark of a successful defense starts with the leadership and inspiration play at the middle linebacker position. The Dallas ILBs are just a mirage. They look like they're out there, but there not.
                              Again, I disagree - they have done very well so far this year. They tend to struggle in man-to-man coverage against a slot, but are strong against a TE and great in space/zone coverage. They also have done a solid job at shutting down the run and plugging any holes our DL let's open.

3. Roy Williams coverage skills are improving. Roy hasn't been beat deep all year. Nobody has recognized that. He got beat on one incredible pass by Tom Brady to Ben Watson today, but his coverage was tight. After he took out Watson, no TE became a factor for them.
                              I'm not sure I buy this. Roy might be able to cover a TE but he sucks in Zone and can't find a good line for the life of him when it comes to protecting against the deep ball. He's best playing up on the line and in the box.

4. Kyle Kosier needs to be replaced. We should be looking at OG in FA and/or the first day of the draft. He's just another example of how poor Bill Parcells evaluates Offensive Lineman. I honestly didn't like his signing from the start.
                              100% Agree - Kosier is a pathetic excuse for a G in the NFL

5. Anthony Fasano needs to be used better. He has the talent to be a real weapon out there. It's on Garrett to know how to utilize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He's the type of player that with more playing time, will limit his mistakes and use his smarts to be a really irritating player for defenses to have to pay attention to.
                              I agree 100% - but we can only run so many 2TE sets before we start to ignore the talent we have at WR. Until Witten retires, Fasano is just a backup and spot player.

My Truths:

1) Ken Hamlin is not the answer... he's a wanna be Roy Williams who likes to hit (though he tackles better then Roy) but can't cover and isn't a ball hawk. He gave up atleast 3 deep passes and 2 TD's against the Patriots and bit on every Play Action they ran even though our defenses had held them to 10 carries for 15 yards at the half. When you're playing Tom Brady, you always think pass 1st and run 2nd.

2) Julius Jones should not be starting - I hate this topic as much as anyone, but on Sunday, Barber proved he could take the best Defense when they were still healthy and give them hell. He has more fire then anyone on our team and we should be using that.

3) The one thing we miss most about Bill was his discipline. When we have 11 penalties and none are on Flozell "False Start" Adams, we have a problem. We were making stupid mistakes (Kosier tackling Bruschi, Fasano knocking out the CB on a pass play, etc)

4) We are a good team, but we're not elite

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

MaddHatter you do realize that we were one of the most penalized teams in the league when bill was our coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information