Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth about the Cowboys that people don't wanna hear...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would welcome Kenny Phillips, and a defensive lineman in the first rd next year with open arms

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      MaddHatter you do realize that we were one of the most penalized teams in the league when bill was our coach.
      No - I didn't check the stats... I just know his reputation was as a disciplinarian

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Let's hear your truths. Here's mine.

1. The Defensive Line is simply inadequate. I can't emphasize this enough. Everything on defense starts up front. Jay Ratliff is a back up DE forced to play NT but he's no more talented than a spot starter at NT. Few more weeks before we find out if Tank Johnson can help us out there. Marcus Spears is a complete bust! Jason Hatcher is no more valuable than Kenyon Coleman ever was. He displays no flashes of upside. I see him no better than a career backup. Chris Canty is a stable player, but not a playmaker. If Dallas ever expects to become a better team it's going to have to start from the trenches. Right now, any success shown is merely fools gold. Every good defense has at least 1 or 2 guys up front that can wreak havoc. Dallas has 0.

2. Bradie James and Akin Ayodele are not good enough. Everyone thinks our LB unit is set and we don't need to address it. Well I say Bull S***! We need to find a way to get better play out of them or cut them. I hope our front office won't look past them when they look to upgrade our defense. In fact, I hope Wade is smart enough to realize that he needs to start fading them out and fading Burnett and Carpenter in more. The trade mark of a successful defense starts with the leadership and inspiration play at the middle linebacker position. The Dallas ILBs are just a mirage. They look like they're out there, but there not.

3. Roy Williams coverage skills are improving. Roy hasn't been beat deep all year. Nobody has recognized that. He got beat on one incredible pass by Tom Brady to Ben Watson today, but his coverage was tight. After he took out Watson, no TE became a factor for them.

4. Kyle Kosier needs to be replaced. We should be looking at OG in FA and/or the first day of the draft. He's just another example of how poor Bill Parcells evaluates Offensive Lineman. I honestly didn't like his signing from the start.

5. Anthony Fasano needs to be used better. He has the talent to be a real weapon out there. It's on Garrett to know how to utilize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He's the type of player that with more playing time, will limit his mistakes and use his smarts to be a really irritating player for defenses to have to pay attention to.
        Sorry to have to call you out, D, but most of this post looks like it can from T-New41. I would expect better from you, :(
        Originally posted by 21ST
        He was protecting his self
        Originally posted by tjsunstein
        From what? His leg?
        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I disagree w/ your assessment of our ILB's...Bradie James is easily the most underrated player on the Cowboys on these boards. All he does is make plays...he's in on damn near every tackle. He has been exceptional this season and looks to lead our team in tackles for the 3rd straight season.

As for Roy improving in coverage, that's not true. They broke everything down on NFL matchup. He looks completely lost in zone coverage. While playing zone he doesnt know what the hell he is doing...it's embarassing. He really has zero clue how to cover, it's really bad, it was almost as if the guys on the show were making fun of him. He should be playing in the box at all times ala Adrian Wilson the last few years or be playing LB in a different defense. He really isnt a great fit for this defense...Shockey, Cooley, and Smith are normally going to be his responsibility and he cant cover any of them.
          You do realize that every. single. one. of the clips they use to "break down" how bad he is are from the Giants game, right?

I admit, he was downright horrible in that game, but I haven't seen a single coverage breakdown from him since then. Hamlin had several yesterday, but Roy played a clean game. We'll see if it continues, but he's playing up to par right now.
          From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
            Sorry to have to call you out, D, but most of this post looks like it can from T-New41. I would expect better from you, :(
            Haha... A lot of vent up frustration from not being good enough I guess.

I do want a better DL and better play from our ILBs. I still don't see enough pressure and we got complete dissected from Brady. How do you guys see us fixing our lack of pressure on the QB? Our DE's simply don't get sacks. Conversely, look at how the San Diego DE's attack the QB both last year and this year. Run stuffing is good, but I want good run stuffing AND good pass rush. We can afford to have 1 DE that can't rush, but can stuff the run... but we can't afford 2 starters like that, imo. And our NT situation is sad.

Comment

To our lines credit D...we got great pressure in this pats game...and just in general we have been getting good pressure. But teams know that we are weak outside and gameplan into 3 step drops. Look at the teams we have played. I wish I could find the stat of passing yards per attempt against us. I ran across it this week and we were in the top 5 I believe. You're not going to get to the QB when they QB takes three steps and the ball is out. This has to do with our corners and coverage abilities. For instance the play where Ware blanketed Welker Ellis came around after he pumped and stripped him. If we take out option #1 our players will contribute...it's all about our corners right now though.

Comment

Lack of pressure!?!?!? Are you kidding me? Brady had been sacked three times in the first 5 games, going up against the likes of Schobel, Merriman/Phillips/Castillo, Justin Smith and Wimbley--some of the best pass-rushers this league has to offer, mind--and how many times did we get him? THREE! All by ourselves we doubled his sack total. So, all told, we got FIVE TIMES the pressure on him that he got in the first 5 games. I don't know what planet you live on, but where I'm from, that qualifies as an excellent, excellent game.

Not only that, but the game plan that NE was running was heavy on short routes, with about 35 three-step drops. How do you expect to get to a passer that is getting rid of the ball that quickly?

Honestly, D, you are asking for the moon here. I have seen leaps and bounds of progress from Spears this year. Canty has been very solid. Hatcher has shown flashes. Hell, that sack last week against Buffalo was straight out of the Reggie White "you can't f---ing stop me, watch this" family of pass-rushing. Ratliff, to me, has been near Pro Bowl caliber, and has given me tons of optimism for the future.

I'll tell you what, I feel a lot better about our DL now then I did coming into the year. And, believe me, I was very skeptical that this change of scheme would help them much, but it has to an extent.

More importantly, we are not just good, we are dominant against the run. You can excuse them all you want for not having Maroney, but Morris has had over 100 yards for two consecutive weeks, and even more telling, that O-line has been blasting holes the size of the Holy Land for RBs to run through. We took that unit and put it on its back. They had about 40 rushing yards in their first 20 carries! That's domination against one of the most accomplished running teams in the league, one which had a great passing attack to take the pressure of it. Of course it got a LITTLE easier late in the game, but what do you expect for a team that has spent nearly 40 minutes of the game on the field?

Our DL is fine. There is no need to worry.

As for pressure, DMW, Spencer, Ellis and the boys are good enough to give us a top 10 pash-rushing unit. That's plenty for me.

I'm more pissed off at our luck. We had two spots on our team that were thin, spots that we absolutely could not afford to have an injury at. Well, the first spot saw its lone-gun go down for the season early in the 1st quarter of the first game. The second spot saw its best player miss all of preseason and the first 3 games of the regular season with a bum wheel, immediately followed by an injury to its second best player that ended up putting him out for the most important game of the season.

AND WE'RE 5-1!!!

Obviously, going into next year we have to spend a high pick--or premium FA $$--on a quality young corner that can step in immediately in the nickel, back up our injury prone #2 CB (AH), and then replace him down the line.

That's our biggest issue.

Our second biggest issue is speed at the WR position. It might not seem like a huge thing right now, but in the game against NE it showed to the watchful eye, and I think it will again down the line.

Aside from that, I could not be happier about our team. New England is closing in on greatness. We took them 3 quarters punch for punch, and then we collapsed under the weight of our own stupid mistakes (mostly penalties).

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but in the overall scheme of things something that should make us stronger, and not really hurt us much in the short-term. We are still in pole position for the East, and the entire NFC. As long as we continue to play at the level that we have played out so far, we have a great season to look forward to.

There's no reason to fling negativity around like this.

We were beaten by a better team playing possibly its best game.

The story of the game was this: WP says to NE, "We are going to give you 5-7 yards of cushion on every play, limit your opportunities deep, bring a diverse pass rush at you, and wait for your QB to make a mistake"

Well, the mistake(s) never came.

Hand it to Brady, and New England.

As for us, we're just fine.
                From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                  Lack of pressure!?!?!? Are you kidding me? Brady had been sacked three times in the first 5 games, going up against the likes of Schobel, Merriman/Phillips/Castillo, Justin Smith and Wimbley--some of the best pass-rushers this league has to offer, mind--and how many times did we get him? THREE! All by ourselves we doubled his sack total. So, all told, we got FIVE TIMES the pressure on him that he got in the first 5 games. I don't know what planet you live on, but where I'm from, that qualifies as an excellent, excellent game.

Not only that, but the game plan that NE was running was heavy on short routes, with about 35 three-step drops. How do you expect to get to a passer that is getting rid of the ball that quickly?

Honestly, D, you are asking for the moon here. I have seen leaps and bounds of progress from Spears this year. Canty has been very solid. Hatcher has shown flashes. Hell, that sack last week against Buffalo was straight out of the Reggie White "you can't f---ing stop me, watch this" family of pass-rushing. Ratliff, to me, has been near Pro Bowl caliber, and has given me tons of optimism for the future.

I'll tell you what, I feel a lot better about our DL now then I did coming into the year. And, believe me, I was very skeptical that this change of scheme would help them much, but it has to an extent.

More importantly, we are not just good, we are dominant against the run. You can excuse them all you want for not having Maroney, but Morris has had over 100 yards for two consecutive weeks, and even more telling, that O-line has been blasting holes the size of the Holy Land for RBs to run through. We took that unit and put it on its back. They had about 40 rushing yards in their first 20 carries! That's domination against one of the most accomplished running teams in the league, one which had a great passing attack to take the pressure of it. Of course it got a LITTLE easier late in the game, but what do you expect for a team that has spent nearly 40 minutes of the game on the field?

Our DL is fine. There is no need to worry.

As for pressure, DMW, Spencer, Ellis and the boys are good enough to give us a top 10 pash-rushing unit. That's plenty for me.

I'm more pissed off at our luck. We had two spots on our team that were thin, spots that we absolutely could not afford to have an injury at. Well, the first spot saw its lone-gun go down for the season early in the 1st quarter of the first game. The second spot saw its best player miss all of preseason and the first 3 games of the regular season with a bum wheel, immediately followed by an injury to its second best player that ended up putting him out for the most important game of the season.

AND WE'RE 5-1!!!

Obviously, going into next year we have to spend a high pick--or premium FA $$--on a quality young corner that can step in immediately in the nickel, back up our injury prone #2 CB (AH), and then replace him down the line.

That's our biggest issue.

Our second biggest issue is speed at the WR position. It might not seem like a huge thing right now, but in the game against NE it showed to the watchful eye, and I think it will again down the line.

Aside from that, I could not be happier about our team. New England is closing in on greatness. We took them 3 quarters punch for punch, and then we collapsed under the weight of our own stupid mistakes (mostly penalties).

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but in the overall scheme of things something that should make us stronger, and not really hurt us much in the short-term. We are still in pole position for the East, and the entire NFC. As long as we continue to play at the level that we have played out so far, we have a great season to look forward to.

There's no reason to fling negativity around like this.

We were beaten by a better team playing possibly its best game.

The story of the game was this: WP says to NE, "We are going to give you 5-7 yards of cushion on every play, limit your opportunities deep, bring a diverse pass rush at you, and wait for your QB to make a mistake"

Well, the mistake(s) never came.

Hand it to Brady, and New England.

As for us, we're just fine.

I'm giving a stading O right now!! CLAP CLAP CLAP

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Very impressive DMW - well said

Now if you can convince me that Hamlin shouldn't be sent packing at the end of the season, I'll have to hire you to come work for me

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Hamlin was the reason that Moss was held in check. He had sole over the top coverage no matter what side Moss was on. So if you look at it like that it seems alright. The only noticeable coverage problem when he was exploited was the first play of the game. I noticed he jumped the PA when Moss got called for Offensive PI but noone will really know if he was suppose to have over the top help or if he was just reacting to the throw.

Hamlin is also one of the best one on one coverage safeties in the nfl. He really has the ability to slide down and cover a WR one on one. The only problem with that is that we can't really lose it because it would require playing a cover 0 with Roy as the other safety.

Comment

I think you are putting too much into that first game against the Giants. Damn near everyone on our D had a bad game, breaking in the new defense. Henry was awful against the Giants and look at him now...well, not his injuries but, statistically he's having a great season. haha. Anyway, since that game, Hamlin has been excellent for us. I'm very happy w/ the current situation at FS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

I like what you had to say. With the ILB, i would only draft there if it was a steal or one you couldnt pass up

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

It's hard to justify taking a ILB when your 2 backups were picked 42 and 18 respectably.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              James underrated on these boards? LOL. Are you kidding me? Everyone here LOVES him. I'm the only one who think's he's JAG. He's so average it's pitiful. I want Burnett to phase into the picture more to steal some of his time.

The guys on NFL match up are not proof that Roy is terrible. They show one play over and over to help them look like they know what they are talking about. Roy has done way better than he did last year. He's not a smooth cover guy, but he has stayed with his man and nobody has torched him deep this year. And as far as your hypothetical talk about him covering TEs... last I check, Shockey was held in check in Game 1.
                              Woah there.... pretty sure robert and I have been calling for kevin burnett since TC. Hop on our wagon D, Bradie is over-hyped. I always wonder why I see Bradie James and Marcus Spears making comments after the games that get aired on ESPN. I'd rather here what nick folk has to say, at least he does his job.

Comment

Bradie is far from over-hyped. You have to be blind if you cannot see how well he has played this season. He is in on every tackle...he's been in the backfield a ton of times this season. He is playing much faster since dropping the weight and is just making plays all over the field. What more do you want him to do...he has been great.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information