Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw McFadden... Give me Hart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Hart draft status will rise and fall with his 40.

    I agree, though, he is a wonderful player at Michigan but also running behind two All Americans.

    Comment


    • #32
      Im not to worried about picking a RB as were gonna have many options and i'd be happy with any of these guys:

      1.Darren Mcfadden
      2.Jonathan Stewart
      3.Steve Slaton
      4.Mike Hart
      5.Allen Patrick

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
        I would like to see a wr with punt return abilities come here. And as I have said many times, the only guy on the d-line that I have been ok with is Ratliff. It pisses me off big time to consider drafting a defensive lineman again, cause we have spent a 1st, 3rd and 4th and none of them seem to be able to play to that potential to me. Having said that, d-line seems to me to be the weakest link. Untill it is fixed, I dont see the linebackers reaching their full potential.

        Corner back is something I see a lot of people wanting on this forum. I wouldnt be mad with a first round corner, but I dont see what some seem to think is a major need. My mind is open, and I would like to see other's thoughts on it. Henry and Newman are perfectly ok to me. A nickel corner/potential starter replacement would be nice. But our cornerback play to me is head and shoulders above our defensive line play.

        I get frusterated watching the 3-4 teams that get pressure without blitzing linebackers. It really drives me insane how we get no pressure unless we blitz linebackers.

        Once again, i hate the idea of drafting a d-lineman because of what we have spent in the past on that position. But we wont play with the pats untill our d-line is somewhere near theirs.

        Am I alone on my planet?? Or do some of you feel the same way??
        Not sure how you can say that a 4th rounder who has started since he was a rookie is disappointing, or that a 3rd rounder is getting lots of playing time, pressure, and sacks in his second season from a small school.

        Desings by D-Unit

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jdallas View Post
          Not sure how you can say that a 4th rounder who has started since he was a rookie is disappointing, or that a 3rd rounder is getting lots of playing time, pressure, and sacks in his second season from a small school.
          That 4th really had 1st round potential for arguments sake. He would have been drafted in the first if not for a terrible eye injury which he has fully recovered from. I agree that our D-line needs work. I think that is the general concensus around here. It's just a tough spot to draft for, Marcus Spears looked like a sure fire impact player (some will argue that he is good) but you get my point.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
            That 4th really had 1st round potential for arguments sake. He would have been drafted in the first if not for a terrible eye injury which he has fully recovered from. I agree that our D-line needs work. I think that is the general concensus around here. It's just a tough spot to draft for, Marcus Spears looked like a sure fire impact player (some will argue that he is good) but you get my point.
            Well I tell you what, Chris Long plays 2-Gap 3-4 in Virginia and oh my god he has 10 sacks. I just have never seen a two gap DE get that many sacks / college or pro. He killed a big Terp line today. 6'4 280 is not perfect but screw that if he can play.

            Dre Moore also looks fantastic.

            I fell in love today.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post
              Well I tell you what, Chris Long plays 2-Gap 3-4 in Virginia and oh my god he has 10 sacks. I just have never seen a two gap DE get that many sacks / college or pro. He killed a big Terp line today. 6'4 280 is not perfect but screw that if he can play.

              Dre Moore also looks fantastic.

              I fell in love today.
              doubt hes 280. I'd guess 265ish.

              Comment


              • #37
                [QUOTE=MaddHatter;676164]Now I know this is a dangerous statement on this board with everyones hardon for McFadden, but hear me out...

                For the Price it would cost, I think Hart's payoff is much higher then McFaddens.

                I mean if Hart was there for our 2nd round pick or maybe we sent a late 2nd day with our 2nd to trade up a few picks for him, I'd much rather do that then take McFadden with our 1a pick (and especially if it meant trading up.)

                Why you ask? Well McFadden is a speedster - that's it. He can't break tackles (julius), he's hit or miss (julius) and he tends to fumble more often then not (not a plus) - I've seen many of his games, and I went back and watched several "highlight" reels just to make sure, and I didn't see one play where he broke a tackle. Every run was him using his speed to the outside and breaking one off, and typically it was against less then steller teams. In the NFL, Defenses are faster and his speed will be somewhat negated. He'll get beat down if he tries to go between the tackles, and, in my mind, won't be any different then Jones.
                QUOTE]


                Anyone i mean anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows that the statement you made is stupid and ridiculous. it's either youre right or thousands of draft experts and scouts are wrong. i know which side im gonna go with. Mcfadden combines explosive speed, with good power and quick feet. And comparing him to julius jones is like comparing tomlinson to tatum bell. You just dont do it. read all the draft experts reports on him and you will feel stupid about saying this. I like mcfadden, stewart, and rice...but saying that about what many say to be the best back to come out in the last few years is just stupid.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post


                  Slaton, to me, is a poor man's Reggie Bush and he has more big runs in college than Reggie ever did.
                  He's a poor man's Reggie Bush in that he's slower, not as shifty side to side, not as much of a homerun threat, worse pass-catcher, more injury prone, gets sand in his cooter too often...I suppose that's a homeless man's Reggie. And no, he did not have more big runs than Reggie. But props for the Hart love

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    So who are the best small/fast backs in this draft assuming we go "Complement MBIII.........."

                    Slaton
                    Alridge
                    Forsett
                    ??????

                    Power guys with speed -- bruisers......

                    Stewart
                    ????????

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Dcboys94 View Post
                      Anyone i mean anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows that the statement you made is stupid and ridiculous. it's either youre right or thousands of draft experts and scouts are wrong. i know which side im gonna go with. Mcfadden combines explosive speed, with good power and quick feet. And comparing him to julius jones is like comparing tomlinson to tatum bell. You just dont do it. read all the draft experts reports on him and you will feel stupid about saying this. I like mcfadden, stewart, and rice...but saying that about what many say to be the best back to come out in the last few years is just stupid.

                      Thanks for providing insight to backup your opinion. For waht it's worth, I understand and expected this type of comment.

                      Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        He's a poor man's Reggie Bush in that he's slower, not as shifty side to side, not as much of a homerun threat, worse pass-catcher, more injury prone, gets sand in his cooter too often...I suppose that's a homeless man's Reggie. And no, he did not have more big runs than Reggie. But props for the Hart love
                        Slaton does not have more "big runs" than Bush? Really? Just the fact he will have twice as many carries ....................

                        Slaton:
                        YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
                        2005 205 1128 5.5 52 17 12 95 7.9 19 2 0 0
                        2006 248 1744 7.0 65 16 27 360 13.3 67 2 0 0
                        2007 151 825 5.5 58 13 17 266 15.6 51 1 0 0

                        Bush (best I could find):
                        Re Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD
                        2005 37 478 12.9 2 200 1,740 8.7 16
                        2004 43 509 11.8 7 143 908 6.3 6
                        2003 15 314 20.9 4 90 521 5.8 3

                        Not saying Slaton is Bush in raw talent but 1) WV is not USC in terms of supporting cast and 2) Slaton will end up with much better College numbers including runs ++20 yards.

                        I will stick to to my thoughts Slaton is a poor man's RB. Slower, better cut back runner, worse receiver but still a home run type player like RB.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post
                          YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
                          2005 205 1128 5.5 52 17 12 95 7.9 19 2 0 0
                          2006 248 1744 7.0 65 16 27 360 13.3 67 2 0 0
                          2007 151 825 5.5 58 13 17 266 15.6 51 1 0 0

                          Bush (best I could find):
                          Re Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD
                          2005 37 478 12.9 2 200 1,740 8.7 16
                          2004 43 509 11.8 7 143 908 6.3 6
                          2003 15 314 20.9 4 90 521 5.8 3
                          Reggie also played superior teams though. Yes, he did have a great supporting cast, but the difference between the Pac-10 and the Big East is huge.

                          Look at their junior years, where Reggie really "broke out". Reggie averaged 2.2 more yards per carry. That's quite a lot. Keep in mind Reggie's TD numbers were down because he played with the USC career record holder for rushing TDs

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            Reggie also played superior teams though. Yes, he did have a great supporting cast, but the difference between the Pac-10 and the Big East is huge.

                            Look at their junior years, where Reggie really "broke out". Reggie averaged 2.2 more yards per carry. That's quite a lot. Keep in mind Reggie's TD numbers were down because he played with the USC career record holder for rushing TDs
                            Difference between Pac-10 and USC was much greater than WVA to the Big East. USC was heads and tails better. Reggie benefitted from that. Heisman QB, Lendal White, Steve Smith, D Jarrett.........

                            Great player but Slaton can play on Sunday's and I think a very good runner -- better than Reggie. Same way I though Jones Drew was a better runner.

                            Interesting debate though .......

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              give me Cory Boyd

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post
                                Difference between Pac-10 and USC was much greater than WVA to the Big East. USC was heads and tails better. Reggie benefitted from that. Heisman QB, Lendal White, Steve Smith, D Jarrett.........

                                Great player but Slaton can play on Sunday's and I think a very good runner -- better than Reggie. Same way I though Jones Drew was a better runner.

                                Interesting debate though .......
                                You make a good case in the SC vs. WVU debate. However, Slaton is a ***** inside, very much like Reggie and Slaton and MJD aren't really comparable. That's like comparing Marion Barber to Noel Devine

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information