No announcement yet.

Declaration Thread Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone look at Pocketaces and Brownstown's predictions? Pretty impressive.

Here is goes.

Aquib Talib and Felix Jones will become cowboys.

Cowboys go 13-3. Cowboys lose superbowl to Patriots.

Roy Williams plays average, again.

Barber scores 18 touchdowns.

Ware is Defensive Player of the Year.
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Ewww what makes you think Talib is a cowboy? Id want to shoot myself if we drafted him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

We will not get any of these players:

CB DeAngelo Hall
        CB Marcus Trufant
        WR Chad Johnson

Chad Johnson will be a Cowboy. :D

Im confused? :)

Comment

[QUOTE=D-Unit;844967]Dallas will acquire at least one of the following players:

WR Roy Williams
          DT Shaun Rogers
          CB Asante Samuel

So I guess were getting Roy:p

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Im confused? :)
            He won't be a Cowboy, but I can dream and make fun of it can't I? :D

Comment

[QUOTE=pocketaces;1015285]
              Dallas will acquire at least one of the following players:

WR Roy Williams
              DT Shaun Rogers
              CB Asante Samuel

So I guess were getting Roy:p
              I'm keepin' my fingers crossed. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=D-Unit;1029977]
                Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                I'm keepin' my fingers crossed. :)
                I'll hug you if we do :D
                lol

Comment

Well, well, well... the time is finally upon us.

With that, here is my final Mock Draft Prediction for this weekend.

No Trades Mock:

Round 1

Pick 22: CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

Pick 28: RB Felix Jones, Arkansas

Round 2

Pick 61: WR Eddy Royal, Virginia Tech

Round 3

Pick 92: OG John Greco, Toledo

Round 4

Pick Traded for Adam "Pacman" Jones

Round 5

Pick 163: DL, DeMarrio Pressley, NC State

Round 6

Pick 167 via MIA: RB Anthony Alridge, Houston

Round 7

Pick 235: CB Zackary Bowman, Nebraska

Comment

Why make a no trades mock? I'll declare that we will atleast make one trade on draft day...lets see those trades D.

Comment

I'm gonna bring my big declaration before the draft tomorrow...but here is my major thought.

Jerry loves to be in the big light..with McFadden going off the board at 6 his big shot has failed.

Now to plan b....get your corner.

Dallas loves DRC...and with the addition of Pacman a NFL ready CB isn't a huge concern....DRC will get some valueable playing time yet still be able to play the dime when Pacman is reinstated.

Well there is a team looking to move down in the Lions.

You make the move here because 16-21 looks to be the CB spot.

Lions also have the most available WR imo. On draft day I really think that he is our best shot.

So I propose this.

Dallas gives 22, 28, 61
                      Lions give 15, Roy Williams

I settled on this value because the Lions are looking for 2 firsts for Roy which is probably what it is going to take to get them talking. Adding 15 is a nice 7 pick jump.

So from both teams standpoins...dallas probably feels 22 and 28 is a little much...so adding 15 might sweeten the pot...but now they also have to kick in their last first day pick to make it happen....I wouldn't be surprised to see dallas throw in a future based on playing time either. Small insurance against a injury and get the value closer to what the lions are looking.

The lions have 2 things we want right now....a shot at "our" cb and a premier WR. This is our chances to kill two birds with one stone..

Call me crazy but on draft day this trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Comment

Well, well, well... the time is finally upon us.

With that, here is my final Mock Draft Prediction for this weekend.

No Trades Mock:

Round 1

Pick 22: CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

Pick 28: RB Felix Jones, Arkansas

Round 2

Pick 61: WR Eddy Royal, Virginia Tech

Round 3

Pick 92: OG John Greco, Toledo

Round 4

Round 5

Pick 163: DL, DeMarrio Pressley, NC State

Round 6

Pick 167 via MIA: RB Anthony Alridge, Houston

Round 7

Pick 235: CB Zackary Bowman, Nebraska

I only like a few guys on that list, really want Bowman and Aldrige as our 3rd back...

Ill go on record as saying we WILL NOT be drafting Talib, chalk him up with DeSean Jackson, neither guy has a chance...I'd also throw Royal in the barrel with them(as much as I like the guy, as im really high on him), he is a slot WR, pretty much every one knows that, we are content with having Crayton as a slot guy and keeping him out of the 2 role...

Im going to do mine later, but I'd much rather have someone like Donnie Avery, while a project, projects to a #2 WR much better...Bennett, Hawkins, Caldwell, id take all those guys first, as they look like they have more potential then in the slot.

The only thing intriguing about Talib is size, he would struggle severely in Wade's scheme trying to cover WR's with his back to the QB, he makes all his plays facing the QB, and time he turns his back and runs with the WR the end result is never pretty.

Also, throw some trades in, I know you dont think we are picking at 22 and 28, spice it up a little :)

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Why make a no trades mock? I'll declare that we will atleast make one trade on draft day...lets see those trades D.
                          I'll try to make up a mock with a trade then. It's just that it's too difficult to predict which of the other 31 teams we'll deal with.

First I'll do one for my own wishful thinking! :D

Round 1

Pick 22: OG Branden Albert, Virginia or CB Michael Jenkins or WR Devin Thomas

Pick 28: RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon or WR Limas Sweed or S Kenny Phillips

Round 2

Pick 61: CB Antoine Cason, Arizona or CB Patrick Lee or OG Chilo Rachal

Round 3

Pick 92: DT Pat Sims, Auburn or DT Marcus Harrison or CB Charles Godfrey

Round 4

Round 5

Pick 163: RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina or RB Anthony Alridge or

Round 6

Pick 167 via MIA: WR Davone Bess, Hawaii or WR Adrian Arrington or WR Maurice Purify

Round 7

Pick 235: Anyone

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I only like a few guys on that list, really want Bowman and Aldrige as our 3rd back...

Ill go on record as saying we WILL NOT be drafting Talib, chalk him up with DeSean Jackson, neither guy has a chance...I'd also throw Royal in the barrel with them(as much as I like the guy, as im really high on him), he is a slot WR, pretty much every one knows that, we are content with having Crayton as a slot guy and keeping him out of the 2 role...

Im going to do mine later, but I'd much rather have someone like Donnie Avery, while a project, projects to a #2 WR much better...Bennett, Hawkins, Caldwell, id take all those guys first, as they look like they have more potential then in the slot.

The only thing intriguing about Talib is size, he would struggle severely in Wade's scheme trying to cover WR's with his back to the QB, he makes all his plays facing the QB, and time he turns his back and runs with the WR the end result is never pretty.

Also, throw some trades in, I know you dont think we are picking at 22 and 28, spice it up a little :)
                            Yeah, well I was putting up a mock that I think they'd carry out if they stayed at those picks. I'm not a huge fan of that either, but that's what I foresee.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                              I'm gonna bring my big declaration before the draft tomorrow...but here is my major thought.

Jerry loves to be in the big light..with McFadden going off the board at 6 his big shot has failed.

Now to plan b....get your corner.

Dallas loves DRC...and with the addition of Pacman a NFL ready CB isn't a huge concern....DRC will get some valueable playing time yet still be able to play the dime when Pacman is reinstated.

Well there is a team looking to move down in the Lions.

You make the move here because 16-21 looks to be the CB spot.

Lions also have the most available WR imo. On draft day I really think that he is our best shot.

So I propose this.

Dallas gives 22, 28, 61
                              Lions give 15, Roy Williams

I settled on this value because the Lions are looking for 2 firsts for Roy which is probably what it is going to take to get them talking. Adding 15 is a nice 7 pick jump.

So from both teams standpoins...dallas probably feels 22 and 28 is a little much...so adding 15 might sweeten the pot...but now they also have to kick in their last first day pick to make it happen....I wouldn't be surprised to see dallas throw in a future based on playing time either. Small insurance against a injury and get the value closer to what the lions are looking.

The lions have 2 things we want right now....a shot at "our" cb and a premier WR. This is our chances to kill two birds with one stone..

Call me crazy but on draft day this trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.
                              Nice trade. Passes the smell test.

Comment

Originally posted by bobindallas View Post
                                Nice trade. Passes the smell test.
                                I love this trade too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information