Prospective Trades / FA Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thule View Post
    ...but he doesn't show it in the preseason...and he doesn't see the field in the regular season...you don't hear things about him in practices.....
    I don't hear anything about WR in practice either. But he does look good WHEN he was thrown the ball. He does look good when running back kicks.

I do vividly remember the Vikings Pre-Season game he ran some excllent routes got the ball and did some RAC. Two got called back on penalities but not his penalties.

Come on Thule and everyone. The seniority thing does exist in the NFL --- regardless of what folks say. Coaches love the vets -- some more than others. GMs love to see the highest paid guys on the field -- regardless of results.

It is only once a guy is "SO MUCH BETTER" than the other and the "TEAM SUFFERS" that change is made.

One piece of evidence -- Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson. So damn obvious but the coach won't let goa nd the GM sure as hell wants Chester to play b/c of the contract.

Comment

I hate these threads, now im quandering how explosive we could be with Berrian on our team :) I agree with the Alvin Harper assessment, he would be awesome with TO, and if Crayton was back at the 3 spot, we would be very hard to stop on offense...Its a perfect fit, and he could very well leave with the Bears having Bradley, Davis and Hester

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

With a speed WR in our offense and the lack of progression that Austin is showing(don't have facts...but he is in his second year and still isn't better than the 4th WR...and isn't a huge special teams contributer) I think it is safe 2 say two guys could go. Yes Austin has #1 potential in his physical attributes...but he doesn't show it in the preseason...and he doesn't see the field in the regular season...you don't hear things about him in practices. I mean atleast we get the occasional tidbit of Stanback being hard to cover in practice...or that Stanback can return punts and be a contributer on special teams. You don't hear any of this about Austin. Crayton is a JAG imo...he has good hands...but so does Hurd...I can't think of one thing Crayton has that Hurd doesn't have. So I agree...if a Berrian type guy came in we could lose 2 WR's and be just fine.
        First of all Austin has been an excellent contributer on special teams this year. He is on all the coverage teams and is usually around the play.

The thing that Crayton has that Hurd doesn't is real production in the NFL.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

I do (have repeatedly) agree Hurd and Crayton are identical.

4.6 Speed. Great Hands. Good Routes. + Six Feet. Seems tough physically.

We need speed WR. Berrian is not a bad choice but Chicago won't let him go IMHO. They have no one behind him.

In this sense, a DeSean Jackson, Douglas from Lousiville, Manningham from Mich are not crazy players to pick. Maybe even DeSean's running mate at Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdallas View Post
            First of all Austin has been an excellent contributer on special teams this year. He is on all the coverage teams and is usually around the play.

The thing that Crayton has that Hurd doesn't is real production in the NFL.
            Would Austins special teams presence really be missed? I mean sure he may be around the action...but does he really excel...I don't think you have to be special to be a ok special teamer. I don't see why you can replace him with essentially the same attributes in Stanback and get similar results.

Crayton doesn't do anything on special teams ever. Now while he has real NFL production...wouldn't you say it is easier to put up numbers the higher you are on the depth chart. Hurd no only is a great special teamer...but he is a guy who makes plays when he is on the field. He is always blocking down field...which is really my favorite part of his game...the block to spring TO was great against the bears.

So while we would have to play the whatif game with Hurd and offensive production...I don't think the drop off of Crayton on offense is as big as it seems to be. Even if it is...all this talk has to do with brining in another body anyways...it's not like you lose special teams performance when crayton is gone...you could argue a punt returner...but I would consider than an issue to be addressed this offseason anyways..

Comment

Crayton doesn't do anything on special teams ever. Now while he has real NFL production...wouldn't you say it is easier to put up numbers the higher you are on the depth chart. Hurd no only is a great special teamer...but he is a guy who makes plays when he is on the field. He is always blocking down field...which is really my favorite part of his game...the block to spring TO was great against the bears.

So while we would have to play the whatif game with Hurd and offensive production...I don't think the drop off of Crayton on offense is as big as it seems to be. Even if it is...all this talk has to do with brining in another body anyways...it's not like you lose special teams performance when crayton is gone...you could argue a punt returner...but I would consider than an issue to be addressed this offseason anyways..
              I dont know, I think you guys underrate what Crayton does for us...Yes speed kills and its nice, but id rather have Crayton then a guy like Devery Henderson or Williamson...He runs good routes, catches almost everything, and comes through in the clutch...Id rather go after a speed guy to play the slot, id be very upset if Crayton left, he brings alot to this team, and I think if he leaves everyone will notice how much his loss hurts the team...

Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post
              We need speed WR. Berrian is not a bad choice but Chicago won't let him go IMHO. They have no one behind him.
              Mark Bradley?
              Devin Hester?
              Rashied Davis?

how is that no one behind him? All those guys are more then capable of doing exactly what Berrian does, all are speed guys, Bradley is probably more talented, and Hester is faster and will be better then Berrian if he progress at the position..I dont think Chicago looks at Berrian as they MUST have him back...I think he walks due to the talent they want to develop behind him

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I dont know, I think you guys underrate what Crayton does for us...Yes speed kills and its nice, but id rather have Crayton then a guy like Devery Henderson or Williamson...He runs good routes, catches almost everything, and comes through in the clutch...Id rather go after a speed guy to play the slot, id be very upset if Crayton left, he brings alot to this team, and I think if he leaves everyone will notice how much his loss hurts the team...

Mark Bradley?
                Devin Hester?
                Rashied Davis?

how is that no one behind him? All those guys are more then capable of doing exactly what Berrian does, all are speed guys, Bradley is probably more talented, and Hester is faster and will be better then Berrian if he progress at the position..I dont think Chicago looks at Berrian as they MUST have him back...I think he walks due to the talent they want to develop behind him
                OK, I don't see it that way but. ....

Comment

Bobby Carpenter to New England for Chad Jackson and Patriots 4th Rounder.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information