No announcement yet.

Free Agent / Cap Space Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should bring him in for a look. The guy has talent; he wouldn't be the first that turned their career around with a change of scenery. And let's not forget, Oakland isn't exactly a place where guys have fulfilled thier potential.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      I think we should bring him in for a look. The guy has talent; he wouldn't be the first that turned their career around with a change of scenery. And let's not forget, Oakland isn't exactly a place where guys have fulfilled thier potential.
      Exactly. I personally, would love to see Huff with a star on his helmet. Being on a team with great pass rush, should really help him out. His talent level is still really high. Who knows, maybe he has Randy Moss syndrome and as soon as he is out of Oakland he breaks out to a whole new level. Cant be worse than Roy Williams lately can he?

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Well the Steelers are currently in talks with Harrison about a new contract. Interesting to see because Ware's will probably be something close to that.

Kinda scary seeing as how they made Big Ben the highest paid QB... or close to it, if I remember right.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Well the Steelers are currently in talks with Harrison about a new contract. Interesting to see because Ware's will probably be something close to that.

Kinda scary seeing as how they made Big Ben the highest paid QB... or close to it, if I remember right.
          I think that could be a good sign for us though, I would bet money that if we signed Ware first we would throw out way more then the Steelers would give Harrison...I know he's a huge player for them and made a difference in the super bowl but they aren't really known for over paying for a position they can easily replace, and he's no spring chicken either.

So be interesting if they locked him up first.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Dolphins | May have interest in Austin
            Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:45:42 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins may be interested in Dallas Cowboys impending restricted free-agent WR Miles Austin this offseason.

Comment

• T.O. CAMPAIGNING FOR LEWIS
              Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 11, 2009, 11:15 p.m. EST

Ever since the Cowboys’ season ended in Week Seventeen, rumors that the team will cut ties with Terrell Owens have surfaced from all different directions.

But if T.O. does return to Dallas, he wants Ray Lewis by his side.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Owens has reached out to Jerry Jones to try to convince him to sign Lewis.

According to the article, Deion Sanders, a friend of both Owens and Lewis, has also talked to Jones about possibly adding the free-agent linebacker.

Owens had a chance to play with Lewis back in 2004, but he fought a trade to the Ravens before ending up in Philadelphia.

Lewis was asked last week about potentially being teammates with Owens, and he said he’d have no issues.

“I can definitely play with T.O.,” Lewis said. “I think T.O. is a great, great person. I just love him. I love his work ethic. I love everything about him. So, playing with T.O. is easy.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ing-for-lewis/

Comment

• I dont think Ray will hit the open market at all. He's the Ravens #1 priority and the face of the franchise.

As for the whole Ware/Harrison thing...I dont think it's going to matter all that much given their ages. Ware is more than likley about to become the highest paid defensive player in the league. I'm more interested to see what Harrison gets because again, Ware is probably getting more cash than any defensive player ever. Harrison on the other hand is already in his 30's so, it will be interesting to see his figures in comparison to Ware's.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I dont think Ray will hit the open market at all. He's the Ravens #1 priority and the face of the franchise.

As for the whole Ware/Harrison thing...I dont think it's going to matter all that much given their ages. Ware is more than likley about to become the highest paid defensive player in the league. I'm more interested to see what Harrison gets because again, Ware is probably getting more cash than any defensive player ever. Harrison on the other hand is already in his 30's so, it will be interesting to see his figures in comparison to Ware's.
                  I think it's more likely that if Ray plays with TO, that it will be in Baltimore. Then they will win a SB together and all the honest Dallas fans will feel stupid and all the homer Dallas fans will say TO had nothing to do with it... and that we're better off with our sucky 10-6, 1 playoff win season. ..because we won a playoff game, we're better. LOL.

Comment

• from draftdaddy

Also, since New Orleans has a lot of holes and only four picks, currently, they might consider upgrading their safety depth via free agency. One player that could be a sleeper is Reed Doughty of the Washington Redskins. Gregg Williams liked him when he had in Washington -- played real well down the stretch in 2007 as a starter, particularly playing close to the line and blitzing off the edge, but he lost his job last season due to injuries. If he's 100% healthy, New Orleans may be tempted to give up a future 6th rounder for the restricted free agent. That's not a heavy price for a player that can potentially be another Jim Leonhard and can definitely, at the very least, be an impact special teams performer.
                    Not sure how trading a guy like him would work in the division...but the more I look at the safety class the more I think that we'll address it in FA.

Sean Jones is the other safety name that I really think could play big for us...he has been trapped on a crappy defense...but played in a 3-4 scheme and was a difference maker.

Comment

• Cowboys | May be interested in Olshansky
                      Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:28:40 -0800

Brian Davis, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys may be interested in San Diego Chargers impending free-agent DE Igor Olshansky this offseason if he does not re-sign with the Chargers before free agency.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#554059

Comment

• Make it happen, we definately need some beef on the D-line, hopefully we cut some scrap off the team before we make him an offer but this move would really excite me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• If we look at signing Igor, does that change our tender we place on Bowen???
                          2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                          - Cleveland Browns GM
                          - Dallas Cowboys GM
                          - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Can you guys settle something for me? I was under the impression that cutting T.O. would cause a real minor cap hit of $500-700K on top of his salary (something like $8-9M). Someone else is trying to tell me that the cap hit would be over $8M on top of his $8-9M salary). I know I'm right, but I'm looking for some confirmation from you guys. So ... amirite?
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• You're right...it would cost us $680 K.

I really dont think it's going to happen, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• MOTH is right. Our cap hit would be about $9 million if released. His salary & bonuses if he stays would be about $8.3 million.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information