No announcement yet.

Free Agent / Cap Space Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a place players' cap hits are listed????
    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
    - Cleveland Browns GM
    - Dallas Cowboys GM
    - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Ray Lewis wants to be a Cowboy pretty badly...

Story broke on NFL Network.. He's told Ware he wanted to wear a star on his helmet when they lost to BAL.... He reiterated it to Ware at the Pro Bowl... and he's been calling Ware every week since.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Ray Lewis wants to be a Cowboy pretty badly...

Story broke on NFL Network.. He's told Ware he wanted to wear a star on his helmet when they lost to BAL.... He reiterated it to Ware at the Pro Bowl... and he's been calling Ware every week since.
        He just knows that Jerry with PAY$$$$
        2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
        - Cleveland Browns GM
        - Dallas Cowboys GM
        - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• What about signing Derrick Brooks to a short term deal?

Could he be able to move to WILB and help out there?

I know he played OLB, but IMO he could fit inside in Wade's scheme. I am not sure of the price though, he would still probably want more than we could give him considering our current cap status.
          2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
          - Cleveland Browns GM
          - Dallas Cowboys GM
          - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Brooks is a lot like Ray Lewis. STill a good player but no where near what they were in thier prime yet they're going to want prime money.

The more I think about Sean Jones from Clev, the more I like that idea. And I think you could get him at a reasonable price.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Per schef...

Salary cap expands to $127 million for 2009

Posted: February 25th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Free Agency 2009, Salary cap

The salary cap will grow in 2009.

Because teams didn’t spend as much as they were supposed to under the collective bargaining agreement the past three years, teams were notified Wednesday that the salary cap will increase over $4 million to $127 million for this coming year, according to sources with two NFL teams. The collective bargaining agreement calls for cap adjustment down if teams spend over the cap in cash and adjustment up if they don’t spend up to the cap.

It defies the recession and logic, but just before free agency, teams actually will have more flexibility and salary-cap room. This is tremendous news for teams such as the Colts and Panthers, who are pressed against the cap, and not such good news for teams such as the Buccaneers and Chiefs, who were way under the cap. Now their advantage is somewhat compromised.

Teams believed they would see a mild increase in the salary cap, but this is bigger than teams expected."

What about some of the other LBs that could possibly become FA???

Does the extra $4 mil in cap money change anyone's mind about guys we can afford to sign?
              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
              - Cleveland Browns GM
              - Dallas Cowboys GM
              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Anyone know what LB spot Andra Davis had in Cleveland? And does anyone think he'd be a good fit in Wade's 3-4?

Comment

• I think it means we could probably get a LB and a S in FA. And I'm thinking a mid-level guy, not a big money guy.

Maybe a Sean JOnes and an Eric Barton.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Any talk of Roy Williams (SS) being cut at all? I heard hes gonna be over 6 million against the cap in '09.

Comment

• If we cut Brad Johnson, Greg Ellis and Roy Wiliams we would have the ability to be big players in FA. Brad Johnson and Roy Williams would give us an additional 4 million in cap space to go along with the extra 4 mil that the league just approved. Not sure what Ellis gives us but I would assume atleast 2 mil. Thats an additional 10 mil in cap space that we didn't think we had 3 days ago...

Signing Ware and bringing back Canty definitely wouldn't be out of the question. I doubt we could afford Burnett or Sean Jones, but just getting Canty would satisfy me.

He wants to come back and he said he expected something with the Cowboys to be done by now but since it isn't he's afraid that they wont be able to match the market for him.

I guess we can also hope that some of the front runners make different moves. Miami has already signed Gibril Wilson, Channing Crowder, and are still expected to sign Jason Brown and Yerimiah Bell -- They also already have Philip Merling (who they are playing at DE) and Kendall Langford.

The Redskins are seemingly willing to let all of their guys walk in order to acquire Albert Haynesworth. No way they are going to add fat Albert and Canty.

Does Tennessee become a player for Canty? Detroit? Would he want to go there?

If everything breaks right, we may still be able to get Canty for cheaper than expected.
                      Last edited by Burns336; 02-26-2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Bye Bye Brad

As expected, Johnson is gone...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...6FBC0DD2A4491C
                        2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                        - Cleveland Browns GM
                        - Dallas Cowboys GM
                        - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Cap Space...

And I thought we had it bad!

Per Adam Schefter:

On the eve of free agency, some teams are positioned too well, and others not so well. Based on numbers gathered Thursday — and these are fluid, changing with each roster move that each team makes — here are the teams with the most and least salary-cap room heading into the start of free agency.

MOST
                          Tampa Bay — $61 million
                          Kansas City — $57 million
                          Philadelphia — $48 million
                          Denver — $37 million
                          Green Bay — $34 million

LEAST
                          Carolina — $1.9 million
                          New England — $3.2 million
                          Indianapolis — $6.6 million
                          Pittsburgh — $7.4 million
                          Washington — $8.1 million How are they going to sign Hanesworth?
                          2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                          - Cleveland Browns GM
                          - Dallas Cowboys GM
                          - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• ****, I forgot about Green Bay and Denver. Both of them could use Canty.

Comment

• yeah, Canty is gone...the 3-4 is everywhere these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                yeah, Canty is gone...the 3-4 is everywhere these days.
                                I still have hope moth! With the new cap space available, I don't think its out of the question to get both Ware and Canty.

It would be the extent of our FA, but I'd be satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information