Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agent / Cap Space Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    How do you know if he's any good? The Steelers are notorious for letting guys walk because they are system players.

    Foote just looks like the next guy to be a FA disappointment for some team who thought they were getting a bad ass.

    statistically speaking he's very average, his size is a little below average, he wasn't an impact player...

    just not for me I guess. I hate Pittsburgh though so I'm biased.
    Watch him play, he hasnt fallen off. They just want Timmons on the field. His release was his idea, not theirs.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • I used to like Levi in Cincy. It wouldn't bother me if he was here at the right price. If Free is not the guy, then he could be a nice stop gap. I gotta feeling this is Flozell's last year here, so it wouldn't be a bad pickup for next year.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

      Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

      Comment


      • I dont see him taking a backup gig anywhere. There are plenty of teams he could go to and play RT or guard for today.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I dont see him taking a backup gig anywhere. There are plenty of teams he could go to and play RT or guard for today.
          True. I'm surprised you didn't say we can't afford him. I was waiting for that. :D

          Comment


          • The Patriots and NT Vince Wilfork have yet to reopen talks on a long-term contract.
            The Pats may consider forking over a Tommie Harris four-year, $40M deal, but Wilfork could be eying Albert Haynesworth's $100M bonanza. The Patriots may be willing to take a harder line now that second-rounder Ron Brace is in the fold.
            Source: Boston Globe

            Just something to keep an eye on, doesn't sound like they are in a hurry to get him locked up just yet.





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Just something to keep an eye on, doesn't sound like they are in a hurry to get him locked up just yet.
              If Brace shows he can get it done, I'm certain they wont overpay for Wilfork to stay around. The Pats are good at picking and choosing who they keep.

              Wilfork would be a nice addition though. The kind that makes this defense top 3.

              Comment


              • I'd love to see Levi here. Might be a solution at LG eventually and could backup both tackle spots. He's still big and agile, just needs an attitude adjustment.

                I really don't think its time to dump Ellis though. He's a great compliment to Ware because even as our SLB he's kind of a bull rusher and he cleans up a lot of what Ware sends his way. Two fast OLBs looping is less effective than one looping and one beating up a TE/HB combo, IMVHO. Plus you really need 3 good rush backers and one in the oven (a young guy or project, ala Glymph of yesteryear).

                I also hope Roy SS does well in Cincy. I always liked him. Zim knew what he was getting when he grabbed him.

                I guess the kicker pick isn't so crazy with the Folk hip surgery. Been kinda out of the loop, just saw that today.

                As to Foote/Brooking, I would rather have neither. Gimme a young plugger with some speed and desire and pay him the league minimum. I'm sure you guys could name 5 off the tops of your collective domes.

                Keep the chatter up in here fellas. This is by far the best Cowboys board on the intertubes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by yno88 View Post
                  I'd love to see Levi here. Might be a solution at LG eventually and could backup both tackle spots. He's still big and agile, just needs an attitude adjustment.

                  I really don't think its time to dump Ellis though. He's a great compliment to Ware because even as our SLB he's kind of a bull rusher and he cleans up a lot of what Ware sends his way. Two fast OLBs looping is less effective than one looping and one beating up a TE/HB combo, IMVHO. Plus you really need 3 good rush backers and one in the oven (a young guy or project, ala Glymph of yesteryear).

                  I also hope Roy SS does well in Cincy. I always liked him. Zim knew what he was getting when he grabbed him.

                  I guess the kicker pick isn't so crazy with the Folk hip surgery. Been kinda out of the loop, just saw that today.

                  As to Foote/Brooking, I would rather have neither. Gimme a young plugger with some speed and desire and pay him the league minimum. I'm sure you guys could name 5 off the tops of your collective domes.

                  Keep the chatter up in here fellas. This is by far the best Cowboys board on the intertubes.
                  Already discussed. I was for it, but someone brought me back to reality saying Jones would find a starting Tackle spot and possibly more money signing elsewhere.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    If Brace shows he can get it done, I'm certain they wont overpay for Wilfork to stay around. The Pats are good at picking and choosing who they keep.

                    Wilfork would be a nice addition though. The kind that makes this defense top 3.
                    I do think the desire by the Pats to spend a high pick on Brace really did show that they wanted to cover their bases at the NT position in case anything happens.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Already discussed. I was for it, but someone brought me back to reality saying Jones would find a starting Tackle spot and possibly more money signing elsewhere.
                      Saw that. Probably agree. Remember though, nobody else gets to wear that star on their hat. Free agents take that into account.

                      Just dreamin.

                      EDIT: There is no way Wilfork fits our cap if he leaves NE because of money.
                      Last edited by yno88; 05-12-2009, 02:58 AM.

                      Comment


                      • If 2010 is uncapped all bets are off.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-for-steelers/

                          Casey Hampton 3 yr deal, anyone?

                          Comment


                          • We're in bad shape also if there is a cap next year...and if there isnt, he'll be going back to the Steelers.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information