No announcement yet.

Free Agent / Cap Space Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know if Marcus Trufant Resigned? he would be a great addition though it is likely he could be tagged. And IDK if we could afford his contract. But just imagine if we could.....o yea

Comment

Originally posted by Dcboys94 View Post
      anyone know if Marcus Trufant Resigned? he would be a great addition though it is likely he could be tagged. And IDK if we could afford his contract. But just imagine if we could.....o yea
      Trufant has not been resigned and while he could be tagged it's going to be interesting to see how they deal with this.

Remember, they lost Hutchinson because of their use of the "transitional tag" so they will probably use the franchise tag on Trufant...

Only problem, they only have about $9.55 million in cap space. Maybe they ask Alexander to restructure his contract (after one year, i dont' think he will be very receptive), I don't know but you can bet that they will try to do what they need to do to keep him.

Comment

Arizona has also been rumored to be wanting to Franchise Dansby. Even if they don't, he won't come cheap. I don't see him landing here. Burnett will be taking over for Akin soon enough. They already split time.

Trufant won't land in Dallas. Bears will most likely resign Berrian as he's their top FA on the market and they understand his importance. Byrant Johnson doesn't interest me one single bit. Yeuck.

Comment

That brings their total space up to about $16.75 million for next year, but don't get too excited. That room doesn't include the tender offers they will make to restricted free agents, like Marion Barber and Chris Canty, exclusive rights free agents and the practice squad players they will sign to future deals. And it doesn't include the incentives the players hit this year, like Flozell Adams' earning $500,000 for a Pro Bowl trip.

Take away that money - and we're guessing Barber will receive the first- and third-round tender and Canty a first-round tender - and the Cowboys will have about $10 million or so in room for free agency.
          from btb.com

Comment

What do you have against Bryant Johnson? At worst he'll be the 3 when Owens/Glenn are gone. If he was on a better team, i.e. better QB, he could easily be a good slot receiver.

Comment

Do you guys think the Cowboys will re-sign Hamlin?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                Do you guys think the Cowboys will re-sign Hamlin?
                It def. looks like he will be re-signed. Hamlin wants to stay and JJ has already said that re-signing him would be an early priority.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  It def. looks like he will be re-signed. Hamlin wants to stay and JJ has already said that re-signing him would be an early priority.
                  That's what I thought. He was a stud this year.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    That's what I thought. He was a stud this year.
                    Yeah he was...I just wish he was playing SS instead of Roy. He was a fine center fielder for us this year though...ha, I just want Roy out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Yeah he was...I just wish he was playing SS instead of Roy. He was a fine center fielder for us this year though...ha, I just want Roy out.
                      Seems like a lot of people want Roy out. I'm not a fan of his either.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I just heard Sturm on the Ticket say Detroit could be looking for a 2nd rounder for Roy Williams. Dude, how quick could I get that done!
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Give them a second and Miles Austin for Roy Williams and a 5th.

Comment

Give them a second and Miles Austin for Roy Williams and a 5th. Unless Glenn retires, then just take Roy for the 2nd.

Comment

What the ****?

Comment

I read somewhere that Dallas seems to really like DJ Hackett in FA. What's everyone's thoughts on him?
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information