Free Agent / Cap Space Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
    I just heard Sturm on the Ticket say Detroit could be looking for a 2nd rounder for Roy Williams. Dude, how quick could I get that done!
    I'd say we trump everyone and offer a first.

Comment

I'm with you on that. I would do that deal so fast it's not even funny.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I did some reading on Asomugha. Frankly, I wasn't that familiar with him because I don't give a rat's ass about Oakland.

He's a bad ass! The question is there any chance in hell that Oak doesn't slap the franchise tag on him?
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
          I did some reading on Asomugha. Frankly, I wasn't that familiar with him because I don't give a rat's ass about Oakland.

He's a bad ass! The question is there any chance in hell that Oak doesn't slap the franchise tag on him?
          Yeah, if they simply offer him a contract that he loves. He's not leaving OAK. No way. He is an all-pro talent.

Comment

If Asomugha was to hit FA i'd be scared to see what kind of number he would land....I'm pretty sure he would put Clements deal to shame...a top 5 corner in the NFL who is young...scary...that said I find it hard to believe he is playing anywhere but oakland next year.

Comment

Looking over some Chargers FAs since we have the Wade/Stewart connection going here.

QB Billy Volek UFA San Diego Chargers
              RB Michael Turner UFA San Diego Chargers
              WR Malcom Floyd RFA San Diego Chargers
              PK Dave Rayner UFA San Diego Chargers
              C Scott Mruczkowski RFA San Diego Chargers
              OL Jeromey Clary RFA San Diego Chargers
              DL Ryon Bingham RFA San Diego Chargers
              DL Brandon McKinney RFA San Diego Chargers
              LB Marques Harris RFA San Diego Chargers
              CB Drayton Florence UFA San Diego Chargers
              CB Cletis Gordon RFA San Diego Chargers
              FS Steve Gregory RFA San Diego Chargers

Two names that jump out to me are Turner and Florence and I don't think we'd look at their RFAs. Turner could be a guy we look into, depending on his asking price. Florence is also a guy that I can see us going for. He hasn't hit the NFL by storm, but he'd be an upgrade from Reeves. He's still young and understands the system. I have to think that he'll be sought after. In fact, bank on it.

Comment

Florence is terrible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Florence is terrible.
                  The way I look at it... He's better than Reeves. ...and he shouldn't cost a lot. I just think his relationship with Brian Stewart and Wade Phillips is strong.

At least he shut down Randy Moss for 18 yards last week.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    The way I look at it... He's better than Reeves. ...and he shouldn't cost a lot. I just think his relationship with Brian Stewart and Wade Phillips is strong.

At least he shut down Randy Moss for 18 yards last week.
                    Almost any corner is an upgrade over Reeves really. Florence is the epitome of the word average and he seems to be regressing...we could do much better. W/ Florence we're still going to see a lot of the problems we had w/ Reeves in there. This is a guy I have seen a lot of (my dad is a chargers fan)...and he (Florence) is just not that good of a player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Almost any corner is an upgrade over Reeves really. Florence is the epitome of the word average and he seems to be regressing...we could do much better. W/ Florence we're still going to see a lot of the problems we had w/ Reeves in there. This is a guy I have seen a lot of (my dad is a chargers fan)...and he (Florence) is just not that good of a player.
                      Oh I'm not arguing with you about how good he is. Just saying don't be surprised if we lock onto him.

Comment

Oh I'm not arguing with you about how good he is. Just saying don't be surprised if we lock onto him.
                        Gotcha...we'll see. I sure hope not, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Florence will be the 4th best corner on our team no matter what next year if we draft one guy in the top 3 rounds....if we can get him for realatively cheap why not bring him aboard. I've been watching him since preseason when fans were raving about him...while he hasn't exactly been impressive he has as MOTH extremely average....and to add to that some of the regression might have to do with the fact that his DC and secondary coach left which is something that should be a slight upgrade to his game here.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                            Florence will be the 4th best corner on our team no matter what next year if we draft one guy in the top 3 rounds....if we can get him for realatively cheap why not bring him aboard. I've been watching him since preseason when fans were raving about him...while he hasn't exactly been impressive he has as MOTH extremely average....and to add to that some of the regression might have to do with the fact that his DC and secondary coach left which is something that should be a slight upgrade to his game here.
                            His transition would be similar to how Anthony Henry followed Bowles from Cleveland. Only difference is that he should be cheaper since he's not as good.

Comment

His transition would be similar to how Anthony Henry followed Bowles from Cleveland. Only difference is that he should be cheaper since he's not as good.
                              The cap escalated....so while I don't think he'll get a cheaper deal than Henry it will probably be a smaller piece of the pie than Henry recieved....am I splitting hairs?

In other new we Resigned Bowen to a One Year deal today.
                              The Cowboys signed him to a one-year deal worth $445,000.

Nothing wrong with the signing....DE a harder position to draft for now is the question.

Comment

In small news, we signed Stephen Bowen on a one-year $445,000 contract today.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information